If you could choose where in Australia to live based on COVID response, where would it be?

If you could wake up tomorrow in any state or territory, which would it be?

• ACT

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • NSW

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • NT

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • QLD

• SA

• TAS

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • VIC

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • WA

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just thought it would be interesting to see the views of the Bigfooty members regarding state-by-state COVID response.

So, if you could choose where in Australia to live based on COVID response, where would it be? For me, NSW and Victoria would be right at the bottom of the list.

Just thought it would be interesting to see the views of the Bigfooty members regarding state-by-state COVID response.

So, if you could choose where in Australia to live based on COVID response, where would it be? For me, NSW and Victoria would be right at the bottom of the list.
Gotta be Northern NSW.
Weather perfect.
Great beaches n swimming.
Great bowls greens.
A population that ignores Mainstrean news outlets.
The fact that tourists can't reach there.

Gotta be Northern NSW.
Weather perfect.
Great beaches n swimming.
Great bowls greens.
A population that ignores Mainstrean news outlets.
The fact that tourists can't reach there.
And they are in lockdown - not ideal.

Sunshine Coast QLD might be a better bet. Margaret River WA would be nice . Excellent white wines as well.

Somewhat difficult to answer - two states now have had a huge amount thrown at them, and every element of their government's response under the microscope. Others haven't had to do much - so who knows how they'd fare in a widespread outbreak (this partially correlates to population size rather than necessarily indicating good management.)

From what I've seen, SA would be my pick though.

So the place with the worst vaccination rates in the australia.

not the place i would be choosing going foward.
There's only two words that have every vowel in order and one of them is.
Facetious.

I just left Southwest rocks and they had no disease and no intruders.
Heaven actually.

Still Vic.

Victoria and NSW are racing to get vaccinated.

It's going to be a bumpy ride for both states, but I feel like both will get to enjoy being major cities with a high rate of vaccinations and open borders between each other and internationally maybe faster than others.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still Vic.

Victoria and NSW are racing to get vaccinated.

It's going to be a bumpy ride for both states, but I feel like both will get to enjoy being major cities with a high rate of vaccinations and open borders between each other and internationally maybe faster than others.

Are you a funeral director?

Wow they'll be a month or two ahead of other states after 4 months of lockdown. How exciting
Not if other states are going to count kids under 10 in their numbers. They will be 9 plus months behind.

plus i think you are dramatically underestimating vaccine hesitancy in states without covid. We are going to struggle to get to 70 percent

Not if other states are going to count kids under 10 in their numbers. They will be 9 plus months behind.

plus i think you are dramatically underestimating vaccine hesitancy in states without covid. We are going to struggle to get to 70 percent
Most people haven't actually suggested this. Anyway doesn't really bother me if I can't go overseas for a few months here and there. If I was choosing somewhere to live I'd rather just enjoy my daily life. If I can't travel for 21 months rather than 18, not really a huge deal

Agree.

COVID wouldn't make a big difference for me except for in the case of Victoria.

South Coast of NSW.
Sunshine Coast /Cairns, QLD
Busselton / Albany, WA (I really like Esperance too but it's just too isolated)
Adelaide, SA
South West Victoria, somewhere within 20 to 30 minutes of say Warrnambool or in Warrnambool itself.

My wife would definitely have the same first two but probably go for the QLD warmth first. Maybe move to Sunnie Coast in the lead up to the Olympics.

Back