If you were setting up a club; Weitering or Hogan?

Weitering or Hogan?

• Jacob Weitering

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Jesse Hogan

Votes: 31 49.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pannalstaroz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Both different ends of the ground, completely understand that, but if you're starting a club off and you're getting your KPPs in place, with them both up against the wall, schoolyard style, who do you take first?

I've been so impressed with what I've seen of Weitering, I pick him first, composure, skill, leadership, ambition.... seems the full package to me.

If you're starting a new club the AFL will give you access to a tonne of talent.Given a chance to pick from current players I'd be looking for leadership & choose Weitering.

Whereas players like Weitering are a dime a dozen...:rolleyes:
Weitering looks like a ready-made Josh Gibson, and could well be the best pick 1 since Goddard in 02. However, the impact that Weitering will have on the contest is both easier to negate, and easier to replicate, than what Hogan looks like doing.

Weitering looks like a ready-made Josh Gibson, and could well be the best pick 1 since Goddard in 02. However, the impact that Weitering will have on the contest is both easier to negate, and easier to replicate, than what Hogan looks like doing.
I'm not sure how my post insinuated that I would disagree with any of this or how it is relevant to what I said...

But anyway, I selected Weitering as he's more of a natural leader and his composure is incredible for a first year player. Hogan comes across as a bit of a flog and has given up easily already when things aren't going his way. I reckon we will see a few more dummy spits in the future. You can't afford to carry players like that, especially if he pulls that shit out in a big game. However, in terms of who is/will be the better player, I would choose Hogan.

I'm not sure how my post insinuated that I would disagree with any of this or how it is relevant to what I said...

But anyway, I selected Weitering as he's more of a natural leader and his composure is incredible for a first year player. Hogan comes across as a bit of a flog and has given up easily already when things aren't going his way. I reckon we will see a few more dummy spits in the future. You can't afford to carry players like that, especially if he pulls that shit out in a big game. However, in terms of who is/will be the better player, I would choose Hogan.
If that's the case, I can point you in the direction of an English tutor?

Weitering is going to be a gun, but if I had to pick between Buddy and Rance...I pick Buddy every day of the week.

If that's the case, I can point you in the direction of an English tutor?

Weitering is going to be a gun, but if I had to pick between Buddy and Rance...I pick Buddy every day of the week.
I said Weitering was a dime a dozen (sarcastically) and then you started banging on about how he's easier to negate than Hogan. How is that relevant?

And yeah, I get it. You have a hard on for forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said Weitering was a dime a dozen (sarcastically) and then you started banging on about how he's easier to negate than Hogan. How is that relevant?

And yeah, I get it. You have a hard on for forwards.
Do you know what 'dime a dozen' means, particularly in its inverted, sarcastic form?

Weitering could be the most unique defender we've seen in the last decade, but that doesn't mean he'll be able to influence a game in the same way that Hogan will. I'm talking within the parameters of this debate.

Do you know what 'dime a dozen' means, particularly in its inverted, sarcastic form?

Weitering could be the most unique defender we've seen in the last decade, but that doesn't mean he'll be able to influence a game in the same way that Hogan will. I'm talking within the parameters of this debate.
Dime a dozen - extremely common
Dime a dozen (sarcastically) - rare

It was a response to someone saying Hogan is better because he's more unique. I have never seen a player with Weitering's composure on the ball in his first year, especially a KPD. He could arguably be Carlton's most important player already.

And are you completely ignoring what I'm saying or are you just dense? Read over why I said I would rather Weitering (hint: it wasn't the dime a dozen part).

Dime a dozen - extremely common
Dime a dozen (sarcastically) - rare

It was a response to someone saying Hogan is better because he's more unique. I have never seen a player with Weitering's composure on the ball in his first year, especially a KPD. He could arguably be Carlton's most important player already.

And are you completely ignoring what I'm saying or are you just dense? Read over why I said I would rather Weitering (hint: it wasn't the dime a dozen part).
Both are rare players, undoubtedly. Weitering for his maturity at an early age (on and off field), Hogan for the impact he's having. What Sam was arguing is that its rare to find a player who will impact the game as much as Hogan, as opposed to arguing that Hogan is more unique full stop than Weitering.

Both are rare players, undoubtedly. Weitering for his maturity at an early age (on and off field), Hogan for the impact he's having. What Sam was arguing is that its rare to find a player who will impact the game as much as Hogan, as opposed to arguing that Hogan is more unique full stop than Weitering.
Fair enough. I still think defenders can influence a game as much as forwards. What player is more important to a team than Rance is to Richmond?

Fair enough. I still think defenders can influence a game as much as forwards. What player is more important to a team than Rance is to Richmond?

Lack of Deledio is killing Richmond.

Hogan to Melbourne is right up there.

Back