Media Important announcement from the desk of Headless (ATTN: omgfridge)

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a wonderful moment – one of those moments you just know you’ll never forget. And because we were all feeling a little bit wild, Smartys brought out his iconic one-liner – the one for which he’s known across the lands.

He said, “perhaps we should all go for a small cup of gelati to cool down.”
You’re right, that’s what I do say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

~~~ contextual factors ~~~
Unfortunately, the gelati/congee mix-up wasn’t as harmless as first thought. por_please_ya was ANGRY, and not in the amicable/not at all aggressive/groovy/radical/your typical lovely shopper type of way.

No, porps was straight up DANG DIDDLY DISPLEASED, and she let us – that’s manangatang, Yakker, Marlowe, BLUEALLTHRU, Smartys Power and Headless from the online anonymous text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com – know about it.

Of course, by “let us know about it”, I mean she allowed us to access the course materials for the subject, titled PRPS1011 Introduction to por_please_ya’s Emotional Responses to Gelati/Congee-related Situations.

On reviewing the materials, it became apparent that the gelati/congee mix-up was significant.

But Marlowe simply wasn’t having it.

By “it”, I of course am referring to the gelati-cum-congee substance. Marlowe was full of it – the gelati-cum-congee, I mean – and just wasn’t going to have it any longer.

He said words to that effect. I’m paraphrasing here, but I think he said something like, “I’m not going to have it any longer.”

Of course, Smartys Power was quick to point out that, as there was actually no gelati-cum-congee substance remaining, it didn’t really matter either way. It looked as though Marlowe was expecting this response, because he rubbed his belly not once, not twice, but thrice, and gave Smartys a wink.

By “wink”, of course, I mean the moving animated clips you could send on MSN Messenger in the early to mid 2000s. That’s what Marlowe gave Smartys Power. I think it might have been the one of depicting comically large lips moving in a kissing motion.

So with that in mind, you can probably imagine the mood of the room: fever pitch excitement. It felt as though it was only a matter of time until somebody suggested something a little bit cheeky. Yakker delivered – home-caught fish, that is. But he also suggested something a little bit cheeky.

Specifically, Yak suggested we rank our favourite cracker brands. And for clarity – because I don’t want to be bogged down with pointless detail that will sidetrack me from my very big announcement on which this thread is based – I don’t mean the decorated paper mechanism typically used at celebratory occasions.

No, I mean the type of dry biscuit.

manangatang began the debate.

He said, “Ritz are the best!”

BLUEALLTHRU scoffed silently – SILENTLY – and whispered, “no, dear friend, Clix are the winners.”

It was then – and only then – that por_please_ya entered the debate, saying “Jatz, you guys.”

I said, “sorry, did you say cats2rise from the online anonymous text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com?”

porps said, “no, I said ‘Jatz, you guys.’”

I said, “oh!”

It was a hilarious mix-up, and the eight of us – that’s manangatang, Yakker, Marlowe, BLUEALLTHRU, por_please_ya, Smartys Power, cats2rise and Headless from the online anonymous text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com – are still laughing about it now.

~~~ to be continued ~~~​

I can see Woody Allen playing Headless in the movie.
I feel only Kevin Spacey has the acting chops to pull off a look that clearly says those hats are really thin, so he would be a perfect fit for manangatang
George Clooney is a perfect fit for Marlowe

I can see Woody Allen playing Headless in the movie.
I feel only Kevin Spacey has the acting chops to pull off a look that clearly says those hats are really thin, so he would be a perfect fit for manangatang
George Clooney is a perfect fit for Marlowe

Thank you for giving me the only one who isn't a weirdo sex creep.

🤗

This is where it gets controversial. I think Ritz are better on their own. But if I'm going to accompany the cracker with something, say cheese or dip, Jatz are the winner for mine.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear about how the cracker conversation progressed.
This is my exact position on the jatz v Ritz debate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back