Admin Notice Random Musings From The Desk Formerly Belonging To Noobz0r (Awards Dates Inside)

Remove this Banner Ad

8/2/2023

Hello Qooty enthusiasts,

After an action-packed off-season where the Allies defeated Vic Metro in State of Origin Series XVIII to draw level with Western Australia on 4 championship titles and we raised $2k for Sikh Volunteers Australia. I am back at this beautiful mahogany desk that is also formerly the property of Noobz0r as we open up Season 36 of the Sweet Football Assocation.

I'd like to open by welcoming the rookies who have joined the SFA for the first time in Season 36: caesar88, TJohn, Ace Rimmer, Freddy Swift, Gralin, JoseMourinho, nobbyiscool, cats_09, HotPiesWithSauce, Pure Grunt, Ocha905, King Tenz, big_icky, Drizzy, TigerImposter, Pistol Night, ScrappyDo, Footy Is The Win, The Sultan, madman18 and DemurePrincess. Hopefully you've been made to feel welcome in this community that is now approaching 23 years old.

If you have not seen it already, on Sunday we held the Hall of Fame Class of Season 35. Special congratulations to brahj on the induction into the Hall of Fame and Hate on the elevation to Immortal status.

Event - SFA Hall of Fame Inductions - Class of Season 35 - 4:30pm AEST

Around the league, there are various Qooty related tipping competitions run by Callums_Guns and Falconista so I suggest you check them out.

Reserves Competition
Also, coming in Season 36 we will see the introduction of a reserves competition so every listed player will be getting a game in some fashion. This competition will also be the first exposure of most people to the latest version of QootyPy, a python recreation of Mobbs' Qooty application which was originally written in QB64. JoshWoodenSpoon who previously ran the JWS Bush League will be helping out here. Further details to follow.

Awards
Over the course of this season, we will be also introducing new awards to recognise excellence in the field of posting, in particular media contributions and manangatang will be playing a big role in facilitating this project.

We'll also be renaming the TFLUA-Tiger Award to the excitement of okeydoke7 - also shoutout to Okey who is sitting on 998 goals at the moment, we should be preparing for some extravagant celebrations when the 1000th goal is kicking in Round 12.

Enjoy the season folks, let's put on a great show. 👍

Last edited:

Reserves Competition
Also, coming in Season 36 we will see the introduction of a reserves competition so every listed player will be getting a game in some fashion. This competition will also be the first exposure of most people to the latest version of QootyPy, a python recreation of @Mobbs' Qooty application which was originally written in QB64. @JoshWoodenSpoon who previously ran the JWS Bush League will be helping out here. Further details to follow.

killed my season 36 shitposting thread. Thanks KP.

Instead, damicky please do not list me in the team so I can play ressies. Cheers.

Reserves Competition
Also, coming in Season 36 we will see the introduction of a reserves competition so every listed player will be getting a game in some fashion. This competition will also be the first exposure of most people to the latest version of QootyPy, a python recreation of @Mobbs' Qooty application which was originally written in QB64. @JoshWoodenSpoon who previously ran the JWS Bush League will be helping out here. Further details to follow.
I am extremely interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Kennedy Parker/JoshWoodenSpoon, I'm willing to set aside some time to design the reserves jumpers if it's needed.

And I stress, jumpers. Not logos. I'm not repeating that mistake.

I knew it was either you or Strigoi
Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel

I never!

12/3/2023

Well folks, we are in the final week of another season in the Sweet FA and the grand final matchup has been determined. It will be the Las Vegas Bears led by tony coming up against the Gumbies FFC team led by Falconista. Two excellent, high quality leaders representing a new generation in the league taking charge. This is promises to be a historic grand final, both clubs have struggled in recent seasons for success. Las Vegas plagued by the curse of Broken's torrid finals win drought have finally gone in a different direction and got themselves into their first grand final since Season 27 when they fell short against the Swamprats. They are attempting to break a 14-season premiership drought.

For the Gumbies, their woes extend back even further, being the butt of everybody's jokes for the past 20 seasons, having gone through silly name changes, penalty points, heartbreaking finals losses and countless straightset finals exits. But now on the 20-season milestone of their first and only premiership win, they have a chance to put all of those unwanted records in the past.

For those that are new to the league, this week is also the part of the season where we present the bulk of the individual awards.

That's not the only grand final that's happening. After seasons of enthusiastic demand from mainly Headless, I brought in the SPAM FL as the Sweet FA's reserves league and thanks to JoshWoodenSpoon running the QootyPy Sim weekly, we have made it to the grand final as well where the Tittybong Thunder (Furies Reserves) vs The R.O.I (Roys Reserves). Now if omgfridge and James Colorado could replace some of the basketballers we have in that Thunder side that would be great..

Awards dates are as follows:

Thursday, 7th of December, 2023 - All-SFA Night - where the committee selects the best 20 performers of the season with a criteria of 50-50 posting and Qooty.

Friday, 8th of December, 2023 - Mobbenfuhrer Medal Night - where the following awards will be presented:
  • The Mobbenfuhrer Medal - the league best and fairest determined by 3-2-1 vote from the sim
  • The Fred Medal - leading goal kicker of the season
  • The EKA Medal - the best rookie poster per 3-2-1 vote by the Committee
  • The Frankston Rover Award - awarded to poster(s) for excellence in service to the league - chosen by the admin
  • The SFACA MVP - the best player as determined by the committee in one of the following positions:
  • BP
  • FB
  • HBF
  • CHB
  • HFF
  • CHF
  • FP
  • INT
Sunday, 10th of December, 2023 - Grand Final - The Best on Ground will be awarded the Deestroy Medal
Friday, 15th of December, 2023 - Beez Trophy Presentation - The most valuable posting contributor of the season as voted by 5 nominated posters from each club.

The Hall of Fame process is also run and done by the Hall of Fame sub-committee and that presentation will be done closer to the new season.

Once this award season concludes, it will also happen to be my last act as Sweet FA Administrator before I handover to reins to the newly elected Elton Johns Wig to take this wonderful, crazy place forward. He has already begun consulting the committee for planning of Season 37 and I have no doubt will hit the ground running.

That's all from me for now, have a fun grand final week everyone. 👍

12/3/2023

Well folks, we are in the final week of another season in the Sweet FA and the grand final matchup has been determined. It will be the Las Vegas Bears led by tony coming up against the Gumbies FFC team led by Falconista. Two excellent, high quality leaders representing a new generation in the league taking charge. This is promises to be a historic grand final, both clubs have struggled in recent seasons for success. Las Vegas plagued by the curse of Broken's torrid finals win drought have finally gone in a different direction and got themselves into their first grand final since Season 27 when they fell short against the Swamprats. They are attempting to break a 14-season premiership drought.

For the Gumbies, their woes extend back even further, being the butt of everybody's jokes for the past 20 seasons, having gone through silly name changes, penalty points, heartbreaking finals losses and countless straightset finals exits. But now on the 20-season milestone of their first and only premiership win, they have a chance to put all of those unwanted records in the past.

For those that are new to the league, this week is also the part of the season where we present the bulk of the individual awards.

That's not the only grand final that's happening. After seasons of enthusiastic demand from mainly Headless, I brought in the SPAM FL as the Sweet FA's reserves league and thanks to JoshWoodenSpoon running the QootyPy Sim weekly, we have made it to the grand final as well where the Tittybong Thunder (Furies Reserves) vs The R.O.I (Roys Reserves). Now if omgfridge and James Colorado could replace some of the basketballers we have in that Thunder side that would be great..

Thursday, 7th of December, 2023 - All-SFA Night - where the committee selects the best 20 performers of the season with a criteria of 50-50 posting and Qooty.

Friday, 8th of December, 2023 - Mobbenfuhrer Medal Night - where the following awards will be presented:
  • The Mobbenfuhrer Medal - the league best and fairest determined by 3-2-1 vote from the sim
  • The Frankston Rover Award - awarded to poster(s) for excellence in service to the league - chosen by the admin
  • The SFACA MVP - the best player as determined by the committee in one of the following positions:
  • BP
  • FB
  • HBF
  • CHB
  • HFF
  • CHF
  • FP
  • INT
Sunday, 10th of December, 2023 - Grand Final - The Best on Ground will be awarded the Deestroy Medal
Friday, 15th of December, 2023 - Beez Trophy Presentation - The most valuable posting contributor of the season as voted by 5 nominated posters from each club.

The Hall of Fame process is also run and done by the Hall of Fame sub-committee and that presentation will be done closer to the new season.

Once this award season concludes, it will also happen to be my last act as Sweet FA Administrator before I handover to reins to the newly elected Elton Johns Wig to take this wonderful, crazy place forward. He has already begun consulting the committee for planning of Season 37 and I have no doubt will hit the ground running.

*3/12/2023

12/3/2023

• BP
  • FB
  • HBF
  • CHB
  • HFF
  • CHF
  • FP
  • INT

I noticed Kennedy Parker there was no mention of best player in the grandstand, the position I have starred in for over 12 games.
Surely the callouses I got on my backside playing that position get something!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back