Admin Notice Random Musings From The Desk The Admin (Season 34)

Remove this Banner Ad

11/21/2022

Hey y'all

Grand Final week has officially begun and it will be a heavyweight clash between the reigning premiers Roys FFC going up against the Baghdad Bombers who are aiming to be the #firsttosix premierships. Congrats to both teams who have enjoyed really strong seasons so far and may the best team win.

Onto awards:

All-SFA - Tuesday, 22nd of November 2022 at 8pm
Mobbenfuhrer Medal - Friday, 25th of November 2022 at 6:30pm
Beez Trophy - Sunday, 11th of December 2022

For anyone new to the league and is yet to witness an SFA awards week.

On All-SFA night we announce the 20 best players of Season 34 factoring in 50% posting contribution, 50% sim performance.
On Mobbenfuhrer Medal night:
  • the Fred Medal will be officially presented to the leading goal kicker of Season 34.
  • the Frankston Rover Award is the Administrator's Choice award to recognise the player who has made the greatest contribution to serve the SFA community for this season.
  • the EKA Medal is presented to the best rookie based on posting contribution - voted 3-2-1 by the club committee representatives
  • the TFLUA-Tiger Award this season will be an Administrator's Choice award to go the best player based on sim performance. However, this will primarily focus on recognising players who play in positions that are not regularly rewarded by the sim e.g. not midfield or full forward.
  • Finally, the Mobbs Medal count will determine the best player of S34 in accordance to sim performance based on 3-2-1 votes generated by the Qooty application.

The Beez Trophy for the MVP of the SFA Board for Season 34 and it is voted by 5 posters nominated by each of the 13 clubs to determine who is best posting contributor for the season. Done in the December to help fill in the long off-season.

Now that the official business is out of the way, lately there has been a lot of noise about my role of administrator of the league. In recent months due to some off site circumstances, my availability has been limited and that has been an impediment over the running of the league.
So I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise

To absolutely nobody.

It's an online game powered entirely by volunteers (not as many these days if Mobbs Medal write up volunteers are a guide) and the reality is, the people who complain the loudest are often also the ones who do very little to improve the state of the league. It's been a bit of down season compared to recent recordbreaking activity seasons, but the league goes through ups and downs and there have been times with more inactivity, more struggling sides, more toxic behaviour previously.

A league with 21 years of history is pretty good indicator that throughout the years this place has been pretty good at solving problems and moving forward.

But hey, to those who want to continue whining. By all means, have at it hoss, it's probably the best content you have to offer anyway.

Have a fun grand final week people!
With all due respect mate, when your hand-picked 2IC publicly questions a fairly significant process that they've not been made aware of, digging your heels in is not the way to go.

11/21/2022

All-SFA - Tuesday, 22nd of November 2022 at 8pm
Mobbenfuhrer Medal - Friday, 25th of November 2022 at 6:30pm
Beez Trophy - Sunday, 11th of December 2022

For anyone new to the league and is yet to witness an SFA awards week.

On All-SFA night we announce the 20 best players of Season 34 factoring in 50% posting contribution, 50% sim performance.
No need, I have a leaked copy of the All SFA side here:

B: BLUEALLTHRU - Senor M - Jabba73
HB: sausageroll - DERO - Jackster83
C: CrimsonViolet - sante - FootyGuy13
HF: Ulahoopski - Pickitt (VC) - Brenton Davy
F: Elmer_Judd - Okeydokey7 - Cap
RUCK: kickthatthing - Wosh (C) - The Greatest Ava
INT: Cubs2Lions - ClarkeM

B: BLUEALLTHRU - Senor M - Jabba73
HB: sausageroll - DERO - Jackster83
C: CrimsonViolet - sante - Tonga Bob
HF: Ulahoopski - Pickitt (VC) - Brenton Davy
F: Elmer_Judd - Okeydokey7 - Cap
RUCK: kickthatthing - Wosh (C) - The Greatest Ava
INT: Cubs2Lions - ClarkeM
Fixed it for you.

Now that the official business is out of the way, lately there has been a lot of noise about my role of administrator of the league. In recent months due to some off site circumstances, my availability has been limited and that has been an impediment over the running of the league.
So I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise
1669085964210.png
To absolutely nobody.
1669085996476.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back