Admin Notice Random Musings From The Desk of the Admin (Season 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

I do appreciate what you've done here though.
We all know the Phoenix Furies thread won't surpass 5 pages, so what better way to hide such a shocking result than to jam it into a 50 pager and pretend it was a great success!
I jumped at Kennedy Parker's idea, be my first active thread in 6 seasons of the sfa!

Bloody League of Legends.

I have bad memories of that game.

My Son was addicted and I couldn't do anything to get him off the bloody thing. I had to turn the Internet off at night, just so he would go to bed.

The arguments that caused. ARRGGHHH
Nerd

My Son was addicted and I couldn't do anything to get him off the bloody thing. I had to turn the Internet off at night, just so he would go to bed.

You prevented your son from becoming an e-sports professional League of Legends player on $1m salary with all living expenses also paid. Nice one dumbarse. He was going to be insanely good.

You prevented your son from becoming an e-sports professional League of Legends player on $1m salary with all living expenses also paid. Nice one dumbarse. He was going to be insanely good.
LOL.

You may be right, He has been top 5% of Oceania players (so he tells me). (apprarently though that is still a long way off Asian and some Europeans)

Edit - I never realised how huge the e-sport thing was, until he asked me to take him to a theatre where they showed the 'LofL' Championships.

Massive

Yes, but you should see how worried your son was about your behaviour during the expansion sagas.
Apparently, you put on 20kgs, such was the devotion you showed to the cause.

LOL.

You may be right, He has been top 5% of Oceania players (so he tells me). (apprarently though that is still a long way off Asian and some Europeans)

Edit - I never realised how huge the e-sport thing was, until he asked me to take him to a theatre where they showed the 'LofL' Championships.

Massive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5/9/2023

Evening Qooty enthusiasts,

We are in fact quickly approaching the end of the second season of this flawless admin run. Season 35 has been a raging success with the vast majority of clubs sitting in a healthy, strong, stable position with an active core of posters. Most clubs are happy and the biggest complaint is that there isn't enough controversy. After 13 rounds, the league averaged 207 match thread posters per week compared to 197 per week after 13 rounds in Season 34 which clearly shows that the SFA continues to grow.

In more good news, the SFA has accumulated a large budget surplus since the start of Season 34. Mostly because of the Administration doing very little. Well now is the time to change that starting this week with Heritage Round.

Heritage Round
This week at SFA Park from Thursday to Saturday, 6 SFA Legends Matches will be played with each club's LG selecting some heroes from years gone by to represent their clubs on the field. The emphasis is on reconnecting with past players no longer actively involved in the league and inviting them to celebrate history that they played a role in building. This concept is so exciting that even notorious abstainers the West Coast Wonders have decided to participate!

The event will begin with a presentation of selected Heritage Round jumper designs picked out by the leadership groups and then proceed with the following matches:

Mount Buller Demons Legends vs West Coast Wonders Legends - Thursday, 11 MAY 2023
Gold City Royals Legends vs Coney Island Warriors Legends - Thursday, 11 MAY 2023
Las Vegas Bears Legends vs Dragons FFC Legends - Friday, 12 MAY 2023
East Side Phoenix Legends vs Baghdad Bombers Legends - Friday, 12 MAY 2023
Fighting Furies Legends vs Gumbies FFC Legends - Saturday, 13 MAY 2023

Sin City Swamprats Legends vs Roys FFC Legends - Saturday, 13 MAY 2023

View attachment 1683256

Special thanks to TheInjuryFactory in helping out with reimagining the Heritage Jumper designs and Wosh and the sim posting team for preparing special commentary for the legends games.

And if that isn't enough to look forward to, Tigerturbulance has a special Heritage Round interview lined up Dual Mobbenfuhrer Medallist, EKA-winning premiership captain Wacky Tiger along with other giants of the SFA to be released this Sunday!

Round 17 Double-Header
In a boon for SFA TV rights deals, for the first time, four teams on one channel will be trialed. In Round 17 the two matches

East Side Phoenix vs Fighting Furies at The Eyrie
West Coast Wonders vs Ophidian Old Boys FFC at The Colosseum

Will be broadcast in the same match thread. Corporate sponsors have donated a fleet of helicopters to transport the crowd from one blockbuster matchup on the east coast of Sweet to the other on the west side of Sweet for absolutely free as we dip our toe into ClarkeM's futuristic utopian version of the SFA.

This is done much to the chagrin of JoshWoodenSpoon to whom I will say, Josh, win four premierships and get inducted into the Hall of Fame and maybe one day, you too can hope to be as influential as ClarkeM.

Thanks everyone, enjoy Heritage Round! :rainbow:
Thanks for having the bravery to try this Kennedy Parker.

After experiencing it first hand I can confirm it was a MASSIVE DISASTER and should never be done again.
Again massive thank you for trying this and proving it was a terrible idea!

Thanks for having the bravery to try this Kennedy Parker.

After experiencing it first hand I can confirm it was a MASSIVE DISASTER and should never be done again.
Again massive thank you for trying this and proving it was a terrible idea!
OK Greenery. I have taken your feedback onboard and will discuss cancelling Heritage Round next season with the Committee.

Could I see the figures?
207 individual posters per week (as at R13, S35 - latest) vs 196 individual posters per week in S33. Details posted in the committee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back