Admin Notice Random Musings From The Desk The Admin (Season 34)

Remove this Banner Ad

Callums_Guns got the fixtures wrong
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF
Too many blockbuster game's in mang's 1st option

7/31/2022

Hey friends,

With Round 1 match threads set to begin soon, I would like to take a moment to welcome the vast array of rookies that have joined us for Season 34. The leadership groups have worked tirelessly to ensure that we have a large intake this season. And we will continue to work hard to keep you engaged in the league, by 'engaged' I mean get you distracted as much as possible on a constant dripfeed of dopamine hits for years to come so that you never return to being a productive member of adult society. This way we will maximise ad revenue for Big Interest Group LLC.

I'm sure your respective clubs would have shown you the ropes around the league already. But just in case you haven't, I'll leave you with a few places to find information on the crazy world of the SFA.

The sign-up thread is a pretty good place to start in order to get your head around the concept. It shows who all the main players at each club are and some useful resources are linked at the bottom of the OP.

If you ever wonder what the rules of this place are, they can be found here. For rookies, only really the first bit is relevant which basically just covers ordinary Bigfooty standards of behaviour. Sometimes you might see nerdy arguments about how fair/unfair penalties or policies are.

Here you can find a smorgasbord of information in regards to the history of the league, records, honours, and your individual career statistics as you accumulate games under your belt. It is very well managed and maintained primarily by the legendary Hate.

If you ever want to know who is playing on what team, the full squad lists are here. Players will generally also have a team badge under their profile.

The fixture and ladder after each round will always be posted here by Hall of Fame Immortal Ljp86.

If you ever want to write an opinion piece about Qooty or the SFA in general you can make a [Media] thread.
[Official Team Thread] is where you can chat with your team mates and [Official Match Thread] is where the banter with the opposition occurs and the match sim is posted on Sunday afternoons.

For any further questions, your captain or any leadership group member is always a good place to start. If they don't know feel free to shoot me or manangatang a PM. 👍

2inchmagic, Over The Post, Dudikins, Chili, Mrs Turbo, Fleabane, The Cryptkeeper, DERRINALPHIL, FurTheWin, SBYM , spudmaster , gab213 , Sun Ra , YeoGabbaGabba, PetWussy, rye, The Foolback, Lomas, BloodySwan, KinderSmock, Drunkcat , The Blue Weirdo, Tim Evans Beard , sey666 , Chronz, kananooks, krided, JyeDye, BringouttheGimp, RedBloodBlackSwan.

no worries, best of luck for the season ahead and competing for the EKA
Everyone, who's anyone, knows the Rising Star is a better award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Rising Star is a bit of fun ... BUT the EKA comes with its very own Curse
Yes, some people do curse when they see you've posted. I am not one.

Doesn't this post cross the line as it mentions species and gender?:)

I placed some cow bone covered with pig skin in my brother gob (around a couple of dental implants) and he now regards himself as trans gender and trans species. He could wear this post as he qualifies.

Dear supreme leader (KP),

Will there be State of Origin this off season?

Yours,
Falconista
We'll do it mid-year around June 2023 when the site's a bit busier.

11/21/2022

Hey y'all

Grand Final week has officially begun and it will be a heavyweight clash between the reigning premiers Roys FFC going up against the Baghdad Bombers who are aiming to be the #firsttosix premierships. Congrats to both teams who have enjoyed really strong seasons so far and may the best team win.

Onto awards:

All-SFA - Tuesday, 22nd of November 2022 at 8pm
Mobbenfuhrer Medal - Friday, 25th of November 2022 at 6:30pm
Beez Trophy - Sunday, 11th of December 2022

For anyone new to the league and is yet to witness an SFA awards week.

On All-SFA night we announce the 20 best players of Season 34 factoring in 50% posting contribution, 50% sim performance.
On Mobbenfuhrer Medal night:
  • the Fred Medal will be officially presented to the leading goal kicker of Season 34.
  • the Frankston Rover Award is the Administrator's Choice award to recognise the player who has made the greatest contribution to serve the SFA community for this season.
  • the EKA Medal is presented to the best rookie based on posting contribution - voted 3-2-1 by the club committee representatives
  • the TFLUA-Tiger Award this season will be an Administrator's Choice award to go the best player based on sim performance. However, this will primarily focus on recognising players who play in positions that are not regularly rewarded by the sim e.g. not midfield or full forward.
  • Finally, the Mobbs Medal count will determine the best player of S34 in accordance to sim performance based on 3-2-1 votes generated by the Qooty application.

The Beez Trophy for the MVP of the SFA Board for Season 34 and it is voted by 5 posters nominated by each of the 13 clubs to determine who is best posting contributor for the season. Done in the December to help fill in the long off-season.

Now that the official business is out of the way, lately there has been a lot of noise about my role of administrator of the league. In recent months due to some off site circumstances, my availability has been limited and that has been an impediment over the running of the league.
So I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise

To absolutely nobody.

It's an online game powered entirely by volunteers (not as many these days if Mobbs Medal write up volunteers are a guide) and the reality is, the people who complain the loudest are often also the ones who do very little to improve the state of the league. It's been a bit of down season compared to recent recordbreaking activity seasons, but the league goes through ups and downs and there have been times with more inactivity, more struggling sides, more toxic behaviour previously.

A league with 21 years of history is pretty good indicator that throughout the years this place has been pretty good at solving problems and moving forward.

But hey, to those who want to continue whining. By all means, have at it hoss, it's probably the best content you have to offer anyway.

Have a fun grand final week people!

So I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise

To absolutely nobody.

It's an online game powered entirely by volunteers (not as many these days if Mobbs Medal write up volunteers are a guide) and the reality is, the people who complain the loudest are often also the ones who do very little to improve the state of the league. It's been a bit of down season compared to recent recordbreaking activity seasons, but the league goes through ups and downs and there have been times with more inactivity, more struggling sides, more toxic behaviour previously.

A league with 21 years of history is pretty good indicator that throughout the years this place has been pretty good at solving problems and moving forward.

But hey, to those who want to continue whining. By all means, have at it hoss, it's probably the best content you have to offer anyway.

Have a fun grand final week people!
Geez, don't have to be a Hitler about it.

11/21/2022

Hey y'all

Grand Final week has officially begun and it will be a heavyweight clash between the reigning premiers Roys FFC going up against the Baghdad Bombers who are aiming to be the #firsttosix premierships. Congrats to both teams who have enjoyed really strong seasons so far and may the best team win.
It’s the 21st month of the year already?

Time sure flies when you are having fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back