Admin Notice Random Musings From The Desk of the Admin (Season 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that this is something that was discussed weeks ago & has already been voted on by the clubs. Did your club rep not keep you up to date?
The fixture that was supposedly voted on, discussed, deliberated on for weeks and weeks and was under control by your own admission was evidently, filled with mistakes.

And no one noticed until it finally got posted publicly and I saw it straight away.

Seems like a downfall on your behalf and that you're not all that bright.

The fixture that was supposedly voted on, discussed, deliberated on for weeks and weeks and was under control by your own admission was evidently, filled with mistakes.

And no one noticed until it finally got posted publicly and I saw it straight away.

Seems like a downfall on your behalf and that you're not all that bright.
I like this new Clarkey, has spunk!

You could yes. It still leaves another round with 5 byes and it creates more rounds with multiple byes.

The minimum number of multiple bye rounds is two regardless of how you do it. That's why I wanted to stay at the minimum and knock it out in one punch and then we can return to normality to continue on the season with 6 matches, 1 bye..

Further, if you wanted to reduce the other round of 5 byes, then we end up with 4 weeks of multiple club byes and for what purpose?

Better to knock out all ten byes across two weeks and then move on with the rest of the season as usual.

And if they're back to back, not a bad little way to either take the week off as it is intended OR create some fun out of it! And from my experience in the league, the more clubs you can have fun with in any project such as a mini-tournament or whatever it is, the better.
I like the idea of having more teams having bye's in the Middle to 3/4 mark of the season ( if we need to have 3-5 teams having byes at a time)

We all know posting drops off a fair bit during this time anyway.

Also think - Heritage Round fits in Round 1.

I like the idea of having more teams having bye's in the Middle to 3/4 mark of the season ( if we need to have 3-5 teams having byes at a time)

Rounds 1-13 normal (everyone plays everyone once in here)
Rounds 14-15 mega-byes
Rounds 16-18 normal

3 rounds of lead in to finals.

Rounds 1-13 normal (everyone plays everyone once in here)
Rounds 14-15 mega-byes
Rounds 16-18 normal

3 rounds of lead in to finals.
I like it, but does that still fit in the timeline they want the season to fit into? That would be the only thing I can see wrong with it.

Because the SFA is held in lower esteem on the Bigfooty site than Bay 13.
Imagine being a regular poster of both boards.

Banjo Deliverance GIF

I like it, but does that still fit in the timeline they want the season to fit into? That would be the only thing I can see wrong with it.
It fits perfectly in the schedule of 18 expected rounds and 16 matches.

Heritage Round fits into Rd A which I would propose as being Round 16. Right after the “split rounds”.

It’s the exact same schedule as the Heritage Round originally proposed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, why don't we just adopt fixture anarchy?

There would be no need for byes or a finals series under it. It's for the better that the sport reverts to the predominant fixturing format pre-1894.

I’d look forward to reading a Furies Vs Bombers Best of 7 Series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back