Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd been booing him for years prior to when this blew up ;). I've already said I don't discriminate on race, if you're a football flog (plead for free kicks, attempt to hit players on/off the ball) I'll boo you until the cows come home.
I started booing the dirtbag since his regular sliding in feet/legs first in 2012 as well!

You might not be racist, but many (indeed most) booing him were. Anyone that denies that has their ******* head in the sand.

Lending your voice to those pricks, even if you yourself are innocent of that racist s**t? That's no different in my books.

'I Booo-ed him because he was a flog, not for racist stuff. I'm not a racist.'

'I attend cross burnings in the front yards of black folk, simply because I like the community spirit and free sausage sizzle the KKK put on afterwards. Im not racist'

'I volunteered for the Waffen SS simply because I liked the uniform and for the dental plan. I'm not racist.'

And the black throated finch won’t be impacted ..... double woooooo. But I can also understand why many on this forum wouldn’t understand the other significant benefits it will bring to our countries economy.

I can understand why you'd think that.

Goodes was better and fairer

A better player would have changed his game to curb out the "dangers" of his play style ;).

You might not be racist, but many (indeed most) booing him were. Anyone that denies that has their ******* head in the sand.

Lending your voice to those pricks, even if you yourself are innocent of that racist ****? That's no different in my books.

That's a pretty long bow to draw, unless you poll each and every person that took part in said booing you're just making assumptions :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lending your voice to those pricks, even if you yourself are innocent of that racist ****? That's no different in my books.

'I Booo-ed him because he was a flog, not for racist stuff. I'm not a racist.'

'I attend cross burnings in the front yards of black folk, simply because I like the community spirit and free sausage sizzle the KKK put on afterwards. Im not racist'

'I volunteered for the Waffen SS simply because I liked the uniform and for the dental plan. I'm not racist.'
So the majority of people are racists? Get your hand off it Daryl.

The only people bringing race into this is Goodes and people like YOU, oh and 1 silly 12 year old girl 4 years ago (if you're willing to make the judgement call that what she said was racially motivated, which is questionable)

Everyone else apart from perhaps a couple out of several thousand couldn't care what race he is, they just don't like him for various reasons related to his character...

How many other indigenous players get booed for their race?

I started booing the dirtbag since his regular sliding in feet/legs first in 2012 as well!

I started in 2007, before booing was "cool" #trendsetter

To think you both support a team that had the two of the dirtiest players the game has ever seen play for them, Matthews & Brereton, both who have been publicly outspoken about Goodes in the past. Matthews with his "Goodes is a protected species" comment & Brereton with his "Goodes lacks courage" etc, etc, comments.

Grain of salt coming from two such posters but your efforts to post so much on the topic show you have a passion for it.

To think you both support a team that had the two of the dirtiest players the game has ever seen play for them, Matthews & Brereton, both who have been publicly outspoken about Goodes in the past. Matthews with his "Goodes is a protected species" comment & Brereton with his "Goodes lacks courage" etc, etc, comments.

Grain of salt coming from two such posters but your efforts to post so much on the topic show you have a passion for it.

I'm proud that there are at least two people in the AFL media not swaying to the AFL directed opinion :)

To think you both support a team that had the two of the dirtiest players the game has ever seen play for them, Matthews & Brereton

Shows how little some know about footy or they have just come out of primary school. Half the players running around in those days had thug tendencies as it was a different game back then.

Hodge/Mitchell/Lewis played hard and the AFL never changed any rules due to the way they played unlike others during the same era that adopted tactics that were extremely dangerous to the welfare of other players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back