Discussion Injurie’s/Suspens’ion Feature of the S’im and it's Place in the S’weet FA

Remove this Banner Ad

This needs to be separated from the current topic of the Sim Commentary thread and while I am vehemently against this feature being brought back into the league, I do believe it is worth a discussion at the very least.

Anyway, to further the discussion I have analysed the Mid-Season 15 Survey that asked a question regarding the Injuries and Suspensions function after it had been introduced for the former season but subsequently turned off for Season 15. Please see the findings below of those that answered the question:

The question was asked:
"Do you think removing injuries/suspension was a good move for this season?"

Player Response

No - Cockarfitt
Yes - Eth
No - Beez
No - Wise Guy Sam
Yes - Deddy
Yes - StFly
Yes - WAG
Yes - Claypigeon
Yes - PVF
Yes - Itsmyshow
Yes - ThePuppetMaster
Yes - Logger
Yes - Jobe3Votes
Yes - Gibbsy
Yes - ClarkeM
Yes - Papa Juggs
Yes - Rhodesy_Blues
No - The Half Back
Yes - BILC
Yes - Pantskyle
Yes - Magpies2010
Yes - Gee Dub
Yes - Filthy Sanchez

I have posted the following already:
"It was Season 14 and at the time there were a few people for it, a couple against it and surprisingly, teams were allowed to increase their squad size up to 24 on a list (why we have 27 now is comical evidently). The early stats were that the max weeks was always 2 and that there was a 2% chance of it happening to you in the game. Did it add some drama? I guess at the very start but after 3 or so rounds, everyone in the league at the time caught on to reality and realised that is not enjoyable to have players miss out on playing Qooty.

Now, think about today's day and age when everyone is so caught up on activity and interest. I think if you're a rookie coming into this league and still learning what it's about in game 1 or 2, you get suspended for 2 weeks. You've already lost interest in coming back. There's no attachment to it for them - there's no hysteria. It's simply a "you can't play for two weeks". Why? "It's random sorry mate".

If it hasn't been turned on since (as far as I can recall) in 14 seasons, then I can assure you that there's a good reason why and it's because it makes this game less fun - not more fun. If it is 2% then that would mean that in each round, we could see as many as 5 players a week be suspended or get injured for no reason. I don't get how this makes the game exciting or enticing for people wanting to "play". Some teams could have multiple players missing games at any point and they could be suspended again after returning from injury. There were very few people enjoying the Injuries and Suspensions function while the vast majority at the time in the league grew to hate it very, very quickly."

Please feel free to discuss this feature in here and whether you believe it is worth reconsidering for reintroduction to the Sweet FA.

It may take some work to move those posts into this thread but if it can be done and is of the interest of the mods then I think it should be - Ant Bear, Blacky, Wooshette, Mobbs?

Last edited:

As a rookie if I got suspended I would just think "flame on!" and start spamming and trolling even more than I intend to 👍 ;)

As a rookie if I got suspended I would just think "flame on!" and start spamming and trolling even more than I intend to 👍 ;)
But Clarkey said you'd leave the League forever and tell the police!!!!!!!

actually, if theres a report by the "central scrutinizer" that could result in a suspension should the player be given a chance to present his case at the tribunal? If he gets enough "likes" he gets off with a fine, Gablett-style?

actually, if theres a report by the "central scrutinizer" that could result in a suspension should the player be given a chance to present his case at the tribunal? If he gets enough "likes" he gets off with a fine, Gablett-style?
Given a player will have on average 25 teammates, I don't see the point of the feature being used at all then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given a player will have on average 25 teammates, I don't see the point of the feature being used at all then.
well obviously his teammates cant vote, that would be silly.

Thinktank: Imagine an opt-in for I&S. If you are happy to run the gauntlet, you can opt in to a list.
I&S can be run and if it says someone needs to go, ignore the selection and roll another dice to select from the list.
Maybe a quote from each team, maybe not.

Ohh oh OH OH! low-level league rule breaches get you put on the list :D
Ant Bear this is premo!!

giphy.gif

Not entirely sure. I found a thread of you announcing that it was being turned on but didn't see much conversation before that point.

Most likely.
How about the committee room?

Or our facebook convo's?

ClarkeM what posts did you want represented here? Can't you just quote them?

I bow to the mass vote against I&S ... but there still should be more ways to further randomize the players' results ... the code moves players from prime possies sometimes but its pretty brutal especially considering some rival might avoid rotation while you are benched at Q1,1:16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back