News Injuries/Suspensions 2012

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
No offence, but when you pick Chappy you accept the risk of missed games due to injury.

What a weak comment, so he isn't allowed to vent about Chappy without you adding a cheap comment about his choice of player.

He has one of the highest averages of the forwards this year so he has been a pretty solid pick with the risk of his past.

What a weak comment, so he isn't allowed to vent about Chappy without you adding a cheap comment about his choice of player.

He has one of the highest averages of the forwards this year so he has been a pretty solid pick with the risk of his past.

This isn't the vent thread though.

Yeah but plenty of people have posted about their players injured or suspended and in anger. What's he suppose to do, show no emotion at all when posting what he hears even though he is very frustrated by it

Fair enough.

Re: Chapman - heard on Ch 10 news Perth that he didn't get on the plane. No further elaboration though.

Did they say anymore than that or that he just didn't get on the plane?

Strange they still named him considering they flew out prior to team being released.
They also said Geelong told them he was catching a later flight, but why would he do that?

Sep 19, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If money wasn't an issue, I'd trade Chappy.

You can make an educated guess that Buddy SHOULD (and who knows with this year) be back next week after 6 weeks on the sidelines with a hamstring injury. Whereas Chappy... who knows with his long history of injuries!
Or...they might give him one more since they are playing Gold Coast and Chappy might be rushed back because they are battling for a spot in the 8 with a tough game against the saints next week.

earlyreflections

Debutant
May 16, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I'm keeping Chapman on the sidelines and going to make another trade elsewhere this week to help. Have also still got Franklin as well, hoping to have at least Franklin back next week which will help and hopefully Chappy as well or the week after.

I think Geelong will want him back ASAP and will be back next week or the week after.

If you have decent cover and can afford to have him on the sidelines for 1-2 weeks I think it will be worth it.

James

Cancelled
Day Off
Feb 4, 2003
Burkina Faso
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AKA Gingy
Also valid points! It's impossible to make an informed decision without knowing the severity of Chappy's injury.

I don't envy anyone who has both, but I know who I'd trade.

I have both Chappy and Buddy, as well as Sidey and Robbo who have also missed games recently. Very glad I decided on having 2 DP mid-fwd links from early on. Have avoided a lot of doughnuts this year by having 2 M/F's in my mids.

kaisasosai

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2010
Rockingham
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have both Chappy and Buddy, as well as Sidey and Robbo who have also missed games recently. Very glad I decided on having 2 DP mid-fwd links from early on. Have avoided a lot of doughnuts this year by having 2 M/F's in my mids.

I am in exactly the same boat and thankful for so many DPP links. I traded Milera to Fyfe this week to cover Buddy and Aaron hall is having to cover for Chappy.

This leaves me with 68k and Broughton on the bench. Problem is I only have 1 trade left and if I win this week I can chill for 2 weeks then buy whichever defender is in form.

I was going to get Stevie J instead of Fyfe but it reduces my choice of defenders with that little bit less $$

Thoughts anyone?

James

Cancelled
Day Off
Feb 4, 2003
Burkina Faso
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AKA Gingy
I am in exactly the same boat and thankful for so many DPP links. I traded Milera to Fyfe this week to cover Buddy and Aaron hall is having to cover for Chappy.

This leaves me with 68k and Broughton on the bench. Problem is I only have 1 trade left and if I win this week I can chill for 2 weeks then buy whichever defender is in form.

I was going to get Stevie J instead of Fyfe but it reduces my choice of defenders with that little bit less $$

Thoughts anyone?

If you're confident of winning this week, hold your last trade for the prelim or GF where you might actually need it to field 22 players.

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chappy may as well retire from a DT point of view. I won't be picking him next year and I doubt anyone with half a brain would either. Great scorer who is now becoming unreliable. Ho hum. Mix him in with Buddy, Stanton and Swan and I'm having a gay old time in the first round of finals! Thanks christ Robbo is back.

Back