Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill 2016 (Sports Betting)

Remove this Banner Ad

bluesboy23

Rookie
Sep 10, 2017
Thomastown, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi all,
Does anyone have an understanding about the new Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill 2016 in regards to sports betting? The only thing I'm aware of is they're going to stop in play betting which doesn't affect me at all. Is there anything about making any changes to sports wagering in general? Cheers

Good read. He's saying off shore sports betting will be banned in Australia. Other people are saying only in play betting will be banned. If it's going to happen, which books will cease operating to Australia? (Please don't say Pinnacle)

Good read. He's saying off shore sports betting will be banned in Australia. Other people are saying only in play betting will be banned. If it's going to happen, which books will cease operating to Australia? (Please don't say Pinnacle)

Everything - my Paddy Power account can no longer be accessed.

Sorry i deleted my post cause i thought the link probably covered the basics you already knew
https://www.daily25.com/can-aussies-bet-pinnacle-others-leave-shores/

Hoping pinnacle doesnt withdraw their service to australians, i havent had email from them yet anyway. Apparently people with accounts at other offshore books have though. Anyone know when this bill becomes enforceable?
How do you go about withdrawing funds from pinnacle? The $17 withdrawal fee is the only thing stopping me from depositing money.

How do you go about withdrawing funds from pinnacle? The $17 withdrawal fee is the only thing stopping me from depositing money.
Yeah its s**t, plus i get slugged with a foreign exchange fee and cash advance fee when i deposit with my credit card.

You get one free withdrawal per month mate
Pinnacle will give you one free withdrawal per month, correct. But this is the fee charged by the intermediary bank.

If you are making more than one withdrawal per month, Pinnacle charges you a 3% fee on your withdrawal, and you also receive a $15 fee from the intermediary bank and a $2 telegraphic fee from your own bank. This is no way of avoiding these two fees regardless of if you make only one withdrawal per calendar month.

I have raised my concerns with Pinnacle customer service and they were not able to recommend anything, basically telling me to reconsider my withdrawal methods. All withdrawal methods come with these fees.

Use Skrill
Can you vouch for it? Because if you google reviews for Skrill and Neteller there are literally hundreds that are quite frankly horrific. There are also ridiculous fees associated with both.

Can you vouch for it? Because if you google reviews for Skrill and Neteller there are literally hundreds that are quite frankly horrific. There are also ridiculous fees associated with both.

That's because its a haven for fraudsters and dodgy Europeans

Their customer service is pretty slow but ive never had a problem since using them. Just verify your account before uploading any money in case you do run into a problem with that

Fees are fine for me. There is a 0.5% fee to upload money via POLi but outside of that i never pay any fees. The bookmakers pay the fees from the depositing/withdrawing to them and i never withdraw to my bank anyway, i just use it to move money between different bookie accounts

That's because its a haven for fraudsters and dodgy Europeans

Their customer service is pretty slow but ive never had a problem since using them. Just verify your account before uploading any money in case you do run into a problem with that

Fees are fine for me. There is a 0.5% fee to upload money via POLi but outside of that i never pay any fees. The bookmakers pay the fees from the depositing/withdrawing to them and i never withdraw to my bank anyway, i just use it to move money between different bookie accounts
Pretty sure he just wants his money in his own bank account, not to move it to another bookmaker, without having to pay exorbitant fees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well given his betting style i would think he would be redepositing it to another bookmaker quickly anyway so its a decent option
So arbitrage bettors just keep going forever and ever without wanting to actually see some profit in their hands?

So arbitrage bettors just keep going forever and ever without wanting to actually see some profit in their hands?

He can withdraw it from an Aussie book once he has turned it over there

To be honest a $17 fee is nothing from the money you will make using Pinnacle anyway but if you want a way to avoid it then using Skrill to move the money is an option

Obviously this affects events such as golf and cricket. But more worrying is does it also affect things like online betting on the brownlow and AFL premiership, which effectively become in play events once the season has started? Or are they going to be wrapped up under a different futures rule?

Multi-day event changes

As a result of recent regulatory changes regarding in-play betting on sports, there has been additional restrictions placed on betting online in-play on multi-day sporting event markets.

Starting tomorrow, all multi-day sporting events (e.g. a Cricket Test Match) will be treated as in-play markets from the commencement of play to the conclusion of the event on its last day. Due to restrictions on online in-play sports betting from Australia, customers located in Australia will no longer be able to bet online in between the close of play on one day and the start of play the next day. For example, on a cricket test match that starts on a Thursday, Australian customers will be required to use Betfair's telephone betting service, rather than online, to bet between the close of play Thursday and the start of play on Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back