Is Don Pyke’s position untenable?

Remove this Banner Ad

We've even contradicted ourselves at times. That's the thing with getting numerous people trying to pull the wool over an industry's eyes. There's almost certainly a fair bit more bubbling under the surface.

I'm still waiting for the supposedly unhappy players to actually express their thoughts on it in a public forum.

I'm still waiting for the supposedly unhappy players to actually express their thoughts on it in a public forum.

First confirmation from McGovern's manager Colin Young today. Didn't want to go into details, said that's for McGovern to do, but did suggest that several events including the camp were unsettling.

First confirmation from McGovern's manager Colin Young today. Didn't want to go into details, said that's for McGovern to do, but did suggest that several events including the camp were unsettling.

So we're still yet to hear anything come directly from a player's mouth publicly. OK.

If the situation was supposedly so fracturous and damaging, why are the players involved apparently so unwilling to speak publicly about it? Surely somebody wants to set the record straight (I'd assume the captain would), and stop the rumour mill bubbling along.

Or perhaps there's nothing much to say, and it's mostly just tall tales getting blown out of proportion by parties interested in creating a rift, for "the story"?

So we're still yet to hear anything come directly from a player's mouth publicly. OK.

If the situation was supposedly so fracturous and damaging, why are the players involved apparently so unwilling to speak publicly about it? Surely somebody wants to set the record straight (I'd assume the captain would), and stop the rumour mill bubbling along.

Or perhaps there's nothing much to say, and it's mostly just tall tales getting blown out of proportion by parties interested in creating a rift, for "the story"?

His manager said he would speak about it. Most contracted players won't discuss it for obvious reasons. Once McGovern is not a Crows player I'd expect him to speak. There's enough already in the public domain to know it was a disaster.

His manager said he would speak about it. Most contracted players won't discuss it for obvious reasons. Once McGovern is not a Crows player I'd expect him to speak. There's enough already in the public domain to know it was a disaster.

There's rumour and innuendo about, yes. Nothing clearly stated publicly by those involved, though.

If players were genuinely wronged, and spoke out about it, what negative consequence would they face, beyond idiotic bullying and victim-blaming (which is wrong in itself)?

Or is the whole impact of the camp just a bullshit smokescreen created by media and player managers, to excuse poor performance, or provide a sympathetic reason for a player to leave?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back