Is it gay to prefer cats over dogs? (If you are male)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a catlover.

I have 2 Orientals.

One of em looks exactly like a miniature Tiger except he has the big ears Orientals are known for.

If you want a cat with a personality,get an Oriental.

Best breed ever made.:D

My gf hates cats and even she fell in love with em.

They both have been Carltoned(deballed).

As I said, I don't hate cats but I do not believe they have a place in Australia. They are an introduced species that kill too many native birds and animals. The owners should keep them inside, but it would be cruel to keep an animal inside all the time.

This is very true. Cats in Scotland are a different deal tough.

Grew up with dogs and never liked cats. My wife had a cat when I met her so had to get used to it. Bought a 2nd cat a couple years later and wouldnt have it any other way. Great pets. Loving, funny.

The male cat Pookey (my wifes) would be the equivalent of Tony Soprano. He used to rule the roost in our old neighbourhood. The female cat Kimi (mine) is a fruitcake, white with different coloured eyes and solely an inside cat (due to her colour). Was abused as a small kitten before we got her so has always been a bit of a scaredy cat and usually hides when other people come over. They play fight every day which is often hilarious, and usually ends in the male cat getting his arse handed to him, despite being twice the size.

Definitely a cat convertee. Will get a dog in the future, but for now Cats are cool enough. Just as good as dogs but in a different way.

dogs are much better then cats, this is because cats can be pretty moody sometimes loving sometimes evil, dogs are always happy to see you even if the dog is upset i still remember when my dog got hit by car when i was 12, i ran up to it and it was in a real bad shape broken legs and bad stuff like that, but when i called its name it still wagged its tail and looked up at me like it would still do anything for you, that's why dogs are awesome animals.

But i have to say cats are way smarter then dogs.

really like both. I've had a number of cats and a number of dogs over my life and currently have 2 cats with the plan to get a dog when my kids are a little older.

There are pro's and cons to each, and can definitely be dependent on the type of cat or dog you get. They are different. I really don't know why people need to be in one 'camp' or another, it's not war, you don't need to choose sides. If I like Pizza, does that mean I can't like Fish and Chips? The people who take 'sides' and hate cats because they love dogs or vice versa are f*cking simpletons in my opinion.

Anyway, one thing I gotta say is that you gotta work a bit for a cat to like you, but they really give back what you put in. if you really love them, they will love you back, they are very smart animals, but in a different way to dogs.

Dogs are loyal and can be commanded, they enjoy being commanded. If you are type of person that sees a pet as something that must 'obey' then a dog is for you. A cat will just piss you off, it's not going to fetch your bloody slippers.

If you see an animal as a companion and a member of the family, then you will not go wrong with either animal.

Obviously there are shitty animals in both camps. Our next door neighbours two dogs, bark non stop literally 10 hours a day, but it doesn't make me hate all dogs. Some cats piss off people by straying into their yard, or by killing birds (now that I think is an overrecation, how many animals do HUMANS kill?)

Anyway, but to answer the TS, no, you are definately not gay to like cats over dogs, all that kind of talk is just garbage. I do think though cats are less liked in this culture as dogs are seen as a more macho thing. From even being a kid, cartoons, movies etc seem to always portray cats to be evil and cunning and dogs as good and herioc.

Oh and for me, I love dogs, but I have an exception to the rule, that if a dog is shorter than your knee, is not a dog, it's a football :) I'm not a huge fan of small yappy dogs!
Have to disagree here. Dogs see their human owners and their families as part of their pack. A dog will defend its human pack just as vigorously as it does it territory/pack.

A cat sees humans as different. You are there for a purpose, not as "family". To feed it and provide it shelter. No more.

Cats are for people who want a part time, low maintenance animal. Fair enough. Dogs are for people who genuinely want a companion. Its not as bluntly simple as wanting an animal that will "obey" as you put it.

Dogs also have other uses (as guide dogs, working dogs, etc) that cats do not have.

And I will take sides if I want, thank you very much.

*Yes, these are generalisations, but they come from having half a dozen dogs and three cats as pets/living with me.

I disagree with your premise that cats cant be a companion. Our two most certainly are and it depends how you treat them.

Cats are selfish, violent, ugly, anti-social and mean. I'm forced to live with one.

qM1nwRg.jpg

I had a cat when I was 4 years old. I named it Kimba after Kimba the white lion from that cartoon. It ran away and never came back.

I remember sitting on the front verandah of my parents house crying for about 5 days straight waiting for it to come back. I even kept refilling it's bowls with fresh food and fresh water just in case it came home. But it never did:(

That was the first in a long line of pet related tradgedies that would feature heavily in my life up until my late teens. Dogs, Budgies, Fish, Rabbits... they all died tragically or ran away eventually. Pets = pain :(

I had an all white cat called Kimba when I was a kid too. I reckon just about every kid back then who had a white cat probably called it Kimba. The exact same thing happened too, it just pissed off one day never to be seen again.

Moral of the story: Don't get a white cat and call it Kimba, it will end in tears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had cats and dogs
I love Cats (cool, soft, aloof)
cant realy stand dogs (too needy,noisy,hyper and smell)

Dont have either at the moment
I have pet Kookaburras who come for a feed at 3.15 every afternoon
A few ghekos who run around my house eating bugs
A goanna who hangs around the front yard
5 xPretty face wallabys who come and have a feed and sleep outside my kitchen window every morning.

I will get a kitten maybe 2 when I decide to drop anchor permanantly and my knees get cold.
Tossing up between the Asians ,I rike Siameese

P.S. I am not gay

I had an all white cat called Kimba when I was a kid too. I reckon just about every kid back then who had a white cat probably called it Kimba. The exact same thing happened too, it just pissed off one day never to be seen again.

Moral of the story: Don't get a white cat and call it Kimba, it will end in tears.

We also ran with the Lion King theme and named our ginger cat Timon. Thankfully he's still around today!

I'm more of a cat person than a dog person, though that may be because most of my life we've had cats as pets. They are not as one-dimensional as people make out, though!

And for anyone who thinks that cats are not good companions - either you've not owned a cat or you just didn't own the right one. We have two cats and they are very companionable in their own way - very affectionate, and not just to get food! Very different personalities, too. I suspect that cats are more varied in that regard.

And for anyone who thinks that cats are not good companions - either you've not owned a cat or you just didn't own the right one. We have two cats and they are very companionable in their own way - very affectionate, and not just to get food! Very different personalities, too. I suspect that cats are more varied in that regard.

Are you sure it is not the other way around?

I'm pretty sure that cats think that they own their human slaves, and the furniture, and the house etc

Also had a white cat as a kid but we named it Snowy. Then a few white kittens started showing up and it got called Snowballs. When every kitten in the neighborhood was white it was known as Balls. No morale to the story but my younger brother took great pleasure at standing at the back door calling in "Balls".
Mrs had a dog named Freckle when we 1st met. Decided to do the right thing and take it for a walk. The bugga escaped off the leash and I had to walk around a park asking if anyone had seen my Freckle. Never did take that dog out again. Not gay but felt it that day.

Cats invented Caturday and I can haz cheeze burger, so they aren't all bad, but I'm definitely more inclined to dogs. I feel more manly and my balls grow at least 2 pounds when I own a dog.
This thread needs some bawwwww though:

1244305518206.jpg

1244305640435.jpg

1244306258044.jpg

1244308295740.jpg

1244306794474.jpg

I know I'm not gay in that I've shagged many girls and no blokes and can't see that equation changing, but I like cats over dogs.

Anyone else?

I can't be bothered reading any of the other posts, but after reading the first page, I think the answer you're looking for is, 'Yes, you are an absolute flaming homosexual. OMG.'

Sorry.

I can not think of a adjective to describe how superior dogs are too cats.

I have had as many cats as dogs, and I did like the cats, but they just are s**t compared to dogs in most cases. Their is nothing like getting home and having your dog going crazy at you coming home, such a loyal animal no matter what. The total opposite to cats who are only like this when they want something.

Also dogs can get a job, cats can't, meaning cats are useless

If it is, I'll happily out myself. I loathe dogs and everything about them. The neediness, eating their own s**t, the vacuous mind... A warm, friendly cat is superior in every way to a dog.

Wow, this thread is mass ghey. Dogs > Cats.

Cats are cool and I have one but Dogs are so much better.

Only if they are the male and you are ****ing them, in that instance it definately makes you gay. However somehow i think if that were the situation, then being gay would be the least of your problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back