Opinion Is Jack Macrae Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

3 AA in a row and should be pencilled in for another 3 over the course of his career if he remotely replicates his current form. Also one of the toughest players in the game.

3 AA in a row and should be pencilled in for another 3 over the course of his career if he remotely replicates his current form. Also one of the toughest players in the game.
Yeah he will comfortably get a few more AA selections, he's playing in a side that isn't even in it's peak, he's a player that has a good injury record and will have the longevity to play in his mid 30's.

Yeah he will comfortably get a few more AA selections, he's playing in a side that isn't even in it's peak, he's a player that has a good injury record and will have the longevity to play in his mid 30's.
He is well and truly entrenched on the radar of selectors now as well, hence he would get the nod over a potential first timer if push came to shove. That's why I was shocked Parish got a gig, typically you need to just miss out before you make the team. Parish had a real good year but usually it isn't enough to break into the AA side when you were nowhere near it previously.

He is well and truly entrenched on the radar of selectors now as well, hence he would get the nod over a potential first timer if push came to shove. That's why I was shocked Parish got a gig, typically you need to just miss out before you make the team. Parish had a real good year but usually it isn't enough to break into the AA side when you were nowhere near it previously.
I was shocked as well that Parish made it over Stringer but i have a feeling the selectors kind of took into consideration that Parish was gonna poll really well in the Brownlow, and i've always felt that to be the case ever since priddis missed out on the AA but won the Brownlow. Macrae is certified by coaches, fantasy point gurus, players, idk why he's getting threads like this. This thread really should be removed, it's kind of disrespectful to have a guy who most likely will go down as a multiple premiership player, multiple All Australian honours and might even sneak a Brownlow, to be called "overrated".

I don't get why Macrae is getting criticism, it isn't easy to accumulate the ball so often playing for a stacked midfield. He uses the ball so well, and is actually direct & progressive with his kicking, so he's making key passes that bypasses the opposition defensive zone/structure. I guess the only really thing missing from his game is hitting the scoreboard, but even then he's role in Bevo's side doesn't allow for him to drift forward and hit the scoreboard, he's playing in a regimented role where once Libba extracts the ball, it's macrae that kicks starts either the chain of handballs that make the bulldogs go inside 50, or at the very least he get's it to an open man and then the bulldogs can monopolize possession. He also is quite intelligent with his lead up, always drifting into dangerous areas in the corridor, which opens up the field, and because he's intricate with the way he moves the ball, always finding an oncoming runner which opens up the pitch, just creating relentless pressure. I think because Macrae doesn't burst from stoppages, get forward from centre bounce clearances, doesn't have a nasty streak abt him, he gets overlooked and is made out to be a stat padder, when he's quite complete as a player. I don't think I've ever seen one bulldogs supporter that don't rate Macrae, and normally he's rated top 3 in the bulldogs mids.

Because the thread is a troll by a North supporter buttttt hurt over Bulldogs supporters and their buttttt hurt trolling threads discussing North players here on the main board. I admire the op's ability to constantly real in the fish in this thread, but it shouldn't be mistaken for a legitimate discussion on Macrae's ability as a footballer.

Its the circle of Bigfooty life.

Because the thread is a troll by a North supporter buttttt hurt over Bulldogs supporters and their buttttt hurt trolling threads discussing North players here on the main board. I admire the op's ability to constantly real in the fish in this thread, but it shouldn't be mistaken for a legitimate discussion on Macrae's ability as a footballer.

Its the circle of Bigfooty life.
At no stage in this thread or on the mainboard ever have I expressed any concern about the views of bulldogs posters on north players.

Say whatever you want.

At no stage in this thread or on the mainboard ever have I expressed any concern about the views of bulldogs posters on north players.

Say whatever you want.
Im pretty sure that I just did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On par with Hannan & Weightman for worst player on the ground.

What happened?
Wasn’t his usual self for sure, for what it’s worth I think he’s a bit vanilla, has improved his forward entries a lot which is good and is a good in a chain but other than that dunno nothing really stands out about him

Would have though he's underrated if anything, just gets it done, a great all round mid, can get clearances, but can also get outside and rack up score involvements, uses the ball well, never seems to bit off more than he can chew with his kicks, makes the right decision.

An excellent year for an excellent player.

All Australian
Gary Ayers medalist
Top 3 in the B&F
Afl season record 880 disposals
And how did he go when the whips were cracking (the 2nd half) in the biggest game of the year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back