Opinion Is the stand rule stopping you from going to games ? (poll)

Is the stand rule stopping you from going to games ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have zero interest in attending afl games as long as they continue to shove the farcical stand rule down our throats . I'm actually proud of the fact that the last game I attended was the 2019 grand final. If they remove the stand rule I'll definitely start attending games again. I reckon the afl has lost a s**t tonne of money from Richmond fans not attending because of it

what about you ? Is the stand rule stopping you from going to games ?

The stand rule is stopping me watching games on TV for a few reasons

1. the umps constantly yelling stand

2. the way infringements over the mark are policed differently for some teams

3. it's impact was figured out halfway through the first season it was brought in, the cats had a massive head start on that little change

I have zero interest in attending afl games as long as they continue to shove the farcical stand rule down our throats . I'm actually proud of the fact that the last game I attended was the 2019 grand final. If they remove the stand rule I'll definitely start attending games again. I reckon the afl has lost a s**t tonne of money from Richmond fans not attending because of it

what about you ? Is the stand rule stopping you from going to games ?
The club will survive without fair-weather fans like you.

Love the club/team too much not too attend(Work permitting).What may tip me over the edge is if they dare bring in the last touch rule like the female comp.
are u serious

so instead of removing the stand rule theyre going to keep it and bring in a last touch rule as well on top of it

jerry-seinfeld-nope.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

poll almost 50/50

so if we were getting around 1.2 mil through the gates pre stand rule that is now halved due to people not going

for math nerds how much money is rfc loosing cos of this s**t rule

other clubs fans are not impacted by this because rfc fans know it was targeted at us

are u serious

so instead of removing the stand rule theyre going to keep it and bring in a last touch rule as well on top of it

jerry-seinfeld-nope.gif
Whispers of it during 21 but thankfully in seemed to have died down.
BUT.
While we're still a threat.

Whispers of it during 21 but thankfully in seemed to have died down.
BUT.
While we're still a threat.
Yet another skill that was removed from the game. I still think deliberate out of bounds is the second most contentious rule (behind holding the ball) in the game. Why was it brought in ? To increase scoring (for sponsors ads mainly) by ensuring that a defender boxed in couldn't kick the ball up the line. (The same reason a defender could no longer chop the arm of a forward in a marking contest, increase scoring) He now either has to try to fake fumbling the ball over the line (here we go back to kindergarten stuff a la the Stand rule and the nominate to go up on the ruck rule) or let his team down by trying to keep the ball in play by doing something stupid or dangerous, nearly always turning the ball over on a dangerous position. The original skill is removed (like so many others) and guess what there's no increase in scoring (sound familiar). Then finally, here's the rub, the rule itself is left up to a wide interpretation making it virtually impossible to be consistent, so it isn't consistent and drives everyone crazy.

There was no need to introduce this rule. A defender usually got a round of applause for being able to execute a difficult kick under pressure and made ground for his team. If he screwed it up and kicked it out on the full or turned it over, kudos to the bloke who put the pressure on. What the bloody hell was wrong with that ? It allowed the game to reset for a boundary throw in, take a sip of your beer (or a bite of pie) without missing any action) and allowed ruckman and followers to go to work. It was a great part of the game !

The game is being fundamentally changed, bit by bit, rule by rule until it has become almost unrecognisable from the greatest game ever devised.

The rule changers are a blight on the game and should hang their heads in shame. 666 (netball basically), stand, medi sub, deliberate out of bounds, chopping the arms, ruck nominating and the failure over at least a decade or more, to be completely unable to get a consistent ruling on holding the ball or is it dropping the ball or is it illegal disposal (???) has turned our brilliant game into a farce at times.

Add to that the ARC joke (not very ******* funny when it decides a final!)

So, * off Gil and SHocking and the Scotts , leave the bloody game alone ! For about the one millionth time !

(If you're tldr then you deserve exactly what you get - nothing but eating the s**t you're fed)

the evolution into aflx is almost complete
AFLX disappeared. No govt repeals any law. AFL won't wind any rules back.
The stand rule is stopping me watching games on TV for a few reasons

1. the umps constantly yelling stand

2. the way infringements over the mark are policed differently for some teams

3. it's impact was figured out halfway through the first season it was brought in, the cats had a massive head start on that little change
Dissent appearing but waning through a season and RFC can't adapt. If umps are going be strict on us then the club has to address the reasons and modify the way we play.

Yet another skill that was removed from the game. I still think deliberate out of bounds is the second most contentious rule (behind holding the ball) in the game. Why was it brought in ? To increase scoring (for sponsors ads mainly) by ensuring that a defender boxed in couldn't kick the ball up the line. (The same reason a defender could no longer chop the arm of a forward in a marking contest, increase scoring) He now either has to try to fake fumbling the ball over the line (here we go back to kindergarten stuff a la the Stand rule and the nominate to go up on the ruck rule) or let his team down by trying to keep the ball in play by doing something stupid or dangerous, nearly always turning the ball over on a dangerous position. The original skill is removed (like so many others) and guess what there's no increase in scoring (sound familiar). Then finally, here's the rub, the rule itself is left up to a wide interpretation making it virtually impossible to be consistent, so it isn't consistent and drives everyone crazy.

There was no need to introduce this rule. A defender usually got a round of applause for being able to execute a difficult kick under pressure and made ground for his team. If he screwed it up and kicked it out on the full or turned it over, kudos to the bloke who put the pressure on. What the bloody hell was wrong with that ? It allowed the game to reset for a boundary throw in, take a sip of your beer (or a bite of pie) without missing any action) and allowed ruckman and followers to go to work. It was a great part of the game !

The game is being fundamentally changed, bit by bit, rule by rule until it has become almost unrecognisable from the greatest game ever devised.

The rule changers are a blight on the game and should hang their heads in shame. 666 (netball basically), stand, medi sub, deliberate out of bounds, chopping the arms, ruck nominating and the failure over at least a decade or more, to be completely unable to get a consistent ruling on holding the ball or is it dropping the ball or is it illegal disposal (???) has turned our brilliant game into a farce at times.

Add to that the ARC joke (not very ******* funny when it decides a final!)

So, * off Gil and SHocking and the Scotts , leave the bloody game alone ! For about the one millionth time !

(If you're tldr then you deserve exactly what you get - nothing but eating the s**t you're fed)
I actually don't mind the 666 rule because with Lynch and Jack up fwd it does benefit us hence why i have always said Prestia was our most important player.With Hopper and even with an aging Jack its going to be delicious this year IMO.
Our backline not as solid as a few years ago i feel but will be negated by Prestia & Hopper.
But yeah the rest of the rules can * off.

Back