Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

Melb are probably going to have to win both their games to make top 4, as is Brisbane. So that last game of the season between the both of them is going to be spicy and huge.
Unless Pies lose both games, that R23 clash will be for a top 4 spot. Don’t see Sydney losing either of their last two.

Cats still my pick as the strongest team in it this year, but I sure hope the Pies finish 4th and get them first week.

Cats record in first week of finals is 1 win and 8 losses since 2012. The 1 win was courtesy of an Isaac Smith miss for Hawthorn after the siren.

Cats still my pick as the strongest team in it this year, but I sure hope the Pies finish 4th and get them first week.

Cats record in first week of finals is 1 win and 8 losses since 2012. The 1 win was courtesy of an Isaac Smith miss for Hawthorn after the siren.

It’s gonna go Dees vs Tiger EF, Cats vs Tiger SF. Then Richmond flag;)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

dees will need to beat brisbane last round to finish second
and brisbane will need to win that to make top 4
so that will be a final more or less

We will finish top. A Dees v tigers final would be 6v7. The winner will have to travel to Sydney or Brisbane.
Good luck.
Or Perth. Just listened to the Real Footy podcast, a lot of talk about Sydney being a lock for top 4.

Sydney and Brisbane need to beat Collingwood and Melbourne respectively.

If they don't, Freo will jump them into 4th spot by defeating WCE and GWS (not that that's a sure thing).

Last edited:
Yeah, Freo should be in the conversation. I was playing around with ladder predictor and it's really 2nd place to 6th place in a race to join Geelong in the top 4. Within that there is also a percentage battle between Melb, Syd and Bris.

St Kilda and Carlton will have a big say who finish in the top 4 if they decide to find form as well.

Great final two rounds ahead of us.

We will finish top. A Dees v tigers final would be 6v7. The winner will have to travel to Sydney or Brisbane.
Good luck.

You’ll finish top and lose the QF, probably against the pies which will have to be played at the MCG instead of GMHBA. I’d tip them to beat you easy. I think you play the winner of 6th v 7th but not 100% sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 4 Odds after round 20:
Geelong - locks (no odds available)
Melbourne $1.02 (Unders)
Sydney $1.10 (about right)
Brisbane $1.50 (FFS Cmon Carlton next week!)
Collingwood $2.25 (a tad shorter than the $6 I got two weeks ago)
Fremantle $4.00 (Who knows, probably about right)
Carlton $18 (should be $500)
Isn't it interesting how the odds were reasonably accurate?

My assessment of the odds at the time wasn't too bad either, if I do say so myself.

Maybe let’s change it to the final 4 ie prelims. I have a cats v Tigers prelim and a Dees vs Pies one.

Time to reassess?
I don't know how they keep doing it. Coming from behind and/or winning super tight ones. It's like nothing I've ever seen or heard of in my life.

But look, they've got a home Qualifying Final. They're in the mix.

I'd still be tipping Geelong, Melbourne or Sydney ahead of them but, they're a chance.

They've scraped into the top 4 with a final round comeback victory, and effectively landed a top 2 spot. Quite similar to 2019.

They're exactly where any fan would want their team. Enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back