Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL what a ridiculous statement, Blues have played nobody and are probably behind Sydney St Kilda and the dogs when back to full strength, Dockers have been found out a couple of times this season also.
The top 2 is set but its a raffle of about 5 or 6 clubs for 3rd and 4th
Why would we be behind the dogs when we beat them.

To be fair... it was absolutely disgusting umpiring.
Totally agree...the disgusting umpiring in the third allowed Richmond to build a false dawn lead, that Carlton ultimately snuffed in the blink of an eye in the fourth.

This b-ing and moaning by Richmond fans on the umpiring in that game is laughable.

Totally agree...the disgusting umpiring in the third allowed Richmond to build a false dawn lead, that Carlton ultimately snuffed in the blink of an eye in the fourth.

This b-ing and moaning by Richmond fans on the umpiring in that game is laughable. ticky touch, wanky, bullshit 50m penalties and free kicks are good for the game... and make a good spectacle that's up to you.

Agree that umpiring was terrible. Unwatchable bullshit. Ticky touch, wanky 50m penalties and free kicks.

Agree that umpiring was terrible. Unwatchable bullshit. Ticky touch, wanky 50m penalties and free kicks.
there were two questionable 50s - the others were absolutely there. The ticky touch frees all went Richmonds way in the third that led to multiple goals. I'm pretty confident that you're suggesting Carlton got it all their own way throughout the game. If that's the case, it's categoric bullshit.

there were two questionable 50s - the others were absolutely there. The ticky touch frees all went Richmonds way in the third that led to multiple goals. I'm pretty confident that you're suggesting Carlton got it all their own way throughout the game. If that's the case, it's categoric bullshit.

Jesus man what did you want the free count to be? It was 28-20 and 8-1 50’s your way. Is 35-15 and 10-0 50s more accurate? Talk about being one eyed.

Jesus man what did you want the free count to be? It was 28-20 and 8-1 50’s your way. Is 35-15 and 10-0 50s more accurate? Talk about being one eyed.
what does the free kick count matter if they're there? Richmond were ill disciplined - Hardwick even called it out. In the third quarter, Richmond were gifted multiple goals from nothing, yet you complain about the count.
Stop sooking about umpiring. It's cheap...but ultimately, it's not worth debating.

Back on thread topic

Demons and Lions are probably locked into 1 and 2.

Before last week I would have locked Freo in as well, but potentially its 3rd and 4th between Freo, Carlton, Swans, StKilda, (and potentially Tigers and Geelong)

This weeks Carlton vs Swans game is the first step in sorting that out, if the Swans lose they are probably out of the race.

This b-ing and moaning by Richmond fans on the umpiring in that game is laughable.
Just to make a point in a game in which I have no skin. Sydney have given away 4 clear 50's in the first quarter, at least the equivalent of each of the 8 Richmond conceded, including one where a Swan just kicked the ball away a few seconds after a Carlton free kick had been awarded. None of them have been paid. Re-watch the tape after the game if you're not convinced. This is what frustrates.

I didn't even intend for Richmond to finish 9th, somethings are just meant to be
Just for trivia's sake, North have finished 9th three times since Richmond last finished in that position back in the mid 00's. If there wasn't already so much to poke fun at them about, then Ninth Melbourne does have a bit of a ring to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just for trivia's sake, North have finished 9th three times since Richmond last finished in that position back in the mid 00's. If there wasn't already so much to poke fun at them about, then Ninth Melbourne does have a bit of a ring to it.
They'd be reminicing about the 9th days at the moment, I know I did when we were garbage. Winning 50% of our games seemed aspirational.

We're pushing our claim, but it's still not set. At the start of the year, I thought 6th was our upper limit and 10th was our worst case scenario.
Looks like that's shifted a couple spots: 4th - 8th.
A lot would have to go wrong for us to finish below 8th. A few things would have to go right for us to maintain top 4.
Still a few teams fighting for that spot, but it helps when you can beat one of them.

They'd be reminicing about the 9th days at the moment, I know I did when we were garbage. Winning 50% of our games seemed aspirational.
Oh yeah, we've definitely been there, and for way too long. The good thing mate is that if you remember where you came from, it just makes the little bit of success you have all that more enjoyable and satisfying.

When Dimma took over, we'd have taken 9th in a heartbeat in those first couple of years, whatever the resultant banter. Bit like the Pies fans who I'm sure would gladly take the Colliwobbles jibes if they somehow found a way to finish runners up this year.

I've just rolled through the ladder predictor and this could be quite an insane year. Unless someone drops off there two be two 13-9 teams that miss finals.

I actually end up with Brisbane, Melbourne, Carlton and Richmond top 4 just picking on who would be favourites if played today. Granted there's plenty of 50/50 games in there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back