Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah cause we will beat you in the SF to make you go out in straight sets. Another wasted top 4 spot and another year added to your 11 year drought. It’s so funny seeing you guys pretending to be a successful club since 2011. Almost as bad as port with their 37 flags

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Your not even in the Top 8...

Nah cause we will beat you in the SF to make you go out in straight sets. Another wasted top 4 spot and another year added to your 11 year drought. It’s so funny seeing you guys pretending to be a successful club since 2011. Almost as bad as port with their 37 flags

I've never felt as much second hand embarrassment as I do when I read your posts littered around these pages. Pack it in mate

I am genuinely laughing out loud.
Imagine carrying on sooking for 4 days straight about a loss.
Get a life mate

Do you actually think I give an f about this year after winning 3 flags in 4 years . We have nothing to lose, all the expectation is on you. Big choke incoming, lock it in.

Here is the rule for picking your top 4 that everyone keeps failing.

choose the 3 best teams that you think will make it. Reject the fourth and add geelong instead. Cos geelong always makes it.
Wise words, it also works in reverse once the finals start and you want to figure out who is going to win the premiership.

Last edited:
Here is the rule for picking your top 4 that everyone keeps failing.

choose the 3 best teams that you think will make it. Reject the fourth and add geelong instead. Cos geelong always makes it.

This year will be Geelong's 8th top four finish over the past 10 years... Incredible consistency.

Although the Cats haven't delivered in September from all those Top 4 placings.

1 straight sets exit
5 Preliminary Final losses
1 Grand Final loss
0 premierships

1. 2013 Prelim Final... Haw 14.18 (102)... d. Geel 15.7 (97)..... 5 point loss
  2. 2014 Semi Final..... NM 14.14 (98)...... d. Geel 13.14 (92).... 6 point loss
  3. 2016 Prelim Final... Syd 15.7 (97)....... d. Geel 8.12 (60)..... 37 point loss
  4. 2017 Prelim Final... Adel 21.10 (136)... d. Geel 10.15 (75)... 61 point loss
  5. 2019 Prelim Final... Rich 12.13 (85)..... d. Geel 9.12 (66).... 19 point loss
  6. 2020 Grand Final... Rich 12.9 (81)....... d. Geel 7.8 (50)...... 31 point loss
  7. 2021 Prelim Final... Melb 19.11 (125)... d. Geel 6.6 (42)...... 83 point loss

Reminds me a little of Geelong from 1989-1995... Perennial bridesmaids.

Do you think they have they overachieved or underachieved? :think:

I tend to think they've overachieved in getting as close as they have. Maybe in 2019, they could've won the flag after finishing on top of the ladder. Although Richmond had their measure kicking 8.8 to 2.4 in the 2nd half of the Prelim Final.

Last edited:

Not as funny as it is watching a Richmond fan (37 year drought) sledge a Geelong fan (44 year drought) about an 11 year drought.

This year will be Geelong's 8th top four finish over the past 10 years... Incredible consistency.

Although the Cats haven't delivered in September from all those Top 4 placings

1 straight sets exit
1 Grand Final loss
0 premierships

3. 2016 Prelim Final... Syd 15.7 (97)....... d. Geel 8.12 (60)..... 37 point loss
  5. 2019 Prelim Final... Rich 12.13 (85)..... d. Geel 9.12 (66).... 19 point loss
  6. 2020 Grand Final... Rich 12.9 (81)....... d. Geel 7.8 (50)...... 31 point loss
  7. 2021 Prelim Final... Melb 19.11 (125)... d. Geel 6.6 (42)...... 83 point loss

Have they overachieved or underachieved? :think:

I tend to think they've overachieved in getting as close as they have.

MASSIVELY underachieved, I’d call it a failure. All they did was starve themselves of top picks for a decade. They could’ve rebuilt and gone back up into contention and won 1-2 flags by now. That’s actually one of the things I like about GMHBA, it keeps them from bottoming out so they’ll never win a flag as they’ll run out of top end talent once their veterans retire. 🤌

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as funny as it is watching a Richmond fan (37 year drought) sledge a Geelong fan (44 year drought) about an 11 year drought.

Um what? ours was shorter so yeah we can give it to you. Idk what’s funny about that.

It will be 12 after this year then you will fall off a cliff and won’t contend until the next decade. You are in the middle of a 20+ year drought without realising it.

MASSIVELY underachieved, I’d call it a failure. All they did was starve themselves of top picks for a decade. They could’ve rebuilt and gone back up into contention and won 1-2 flags by now. That’s actually one of the things I like about GMHBA, it keeps them from bottoming out so they’ll never win a flag as they’ll run out of top end talent once their veterans retire. 🤌

Mate f***en shut up. Everyone in the forum be they cats fans, or fans of any other side that didn’t recently spend nearly four decades as the running joke of the competition, laughs at you.

Sledging a team because they have a home ground isn’t clever.

Sledging a team because they ‘only make finals because they have a home ground’ is not clever

Sledging a team for winning games at home is not clever.

All these particularly unclever pot shots you take at us, are made to look even more re+@rded by the fact that there are 17 sides in the competition, including yours, who are worse sides than we are when travelling.

That’s not a large portion of other teams. That is every team. 100 per cent of teams in the competition, for a decade - so it’s not as though it’s a small f***ing sample size - are worse on the road than us.

And the funniest part about that is?

All 100 per cent of the other clubs travel LESS than us.

So not only are we better at winning at home, better at winning away, we are better winning at home despite playing there less and better a winning away despite playing away more, and even with 4 seasons in which you were the standout side in the competition, and despite the fact that you only have to travel 6 times a year, your magnificent ahd perfect team STILL couldn’t manufacture a better travelling record than the joke from down the highway.

Stop making s**t up to make yourself look witty, or informed, or clever, or like an Australian football connoisseur, or like you actually have the part or your brain that can process, analyse, dissect and compile information and then produce a worthwhile, sensible, reasonable opinion.

Because while im sure your brain dead special needs Tigers supporting friends in the real world buy it, no one in this forum does.

Um what? ours was shorter so yeah we can give it to you. Idk what’s funny about that.

It will be 12 after this year then you will fall off a cliff and won’t contend until the next decade. You are in the middle of a 20+ year drought without realising it.

37 is shorter than 11 now. Ok

And while a broken clock (which would still be smarter than you) is still correct twice a day, people have been talking about this cliff since September 2010. It still hasn’t arrived only now our side isn’t just being propped up by old c***s. And the overall standard of competition has gotten worse. So good luck with that.

I can live with a longer drought if we religiously make grand finals. Think we’ve played in about 8 of them since the AFL era compared to your 3

And achieved the same thing so you’ve just had more heartbreak than me. Tbh tigers supporters are ready to relax now and watch the rebuild. No stress trying to win another flag 3 in 4 is enough.

37 is shorter than 11 now. Ok

And while a broken clock (which would still be smarter than you) is still correct twice a day, people have been talking about this cliff since September 2010. It still hasn’t arrived only now our side isn’t just being propped up by old c***s. And the overall standard of competition has gotten worse. So good luck with that.

37 is shorter than 44 bruh wtf. Cliff will arrive eventually, I’m calling the drought though. Can’t call me a broken clock that’s right twice a day with that one.

37 is shorter than 44 bruh wtf. Cliff will arrive eventually, I’m calling the drought though. Can’t call me a broken clock that’s right twice a day with that one.

You weren’t sledging anyone about 44 years. In fact I’m sure you probably had no idea our previous drought was 44 years. You were sledging someone who has been 11 years without seeing their side win a flag.

You were 20 before you saw your team win one, and if you were born earlier you’d have been 37.

So a) wtf would you give it to someone about going 11 years without a title when your club only recently went 37 without even making a grand final and b) why would you give it to someone for whom an 11 year wait is minimal compared to their previous wait?

Oh that’s right, nevermind.

You called someone Bruh though, so there’s that

Mate f***en shut up. Everyone in the forum be they cats fans, or fans of any other side that didn’t recently spend nearly four decades as the running joke of the competition, laughs at you.

Sledging a team because they have a home ground isn’t clever.

Sledging a team because they ‘only make finals because they have a home ground’ is not clever

Sledging a team for winning games at home is not clever.

All these particularly unclever pot shots you take at us, are made to look even more re+@rded by the fact that there are 17 sides in the competition, including yours, who are worse sides than we are when travelling.

That’s not a large portion of other teams. That is every team. 100 per cent of teams in the competition, for a decade - so it’s not as though it’s a small f***ing sample size - are worse on the road than us.

And the funniest part about that is?

All 100 per cent of the other clubs travel LESS than us.

So not only are we better at winning at home, better at winning away, we are better winning at home despite playing there less and better a winning away despite playing away more, and even with 4 seasons in which you were the standout side in the competition, and despite the fact that you only have to travel 6 times a year, your magnificent ahd perfect team STILL couldn’t manufacture a better travelling record than the joke from down the highway.

Stop making s**t up to make yourself look witty, or informed, or clever, or like an Australian football connoisseur, or like you actually have the part or your brain that can process, analyse, dissect and compile information and then produce a worthwhile, sensible, reasonable opinion.

Because while im sure your brain dead special needs Tigers supporting friends in the real world buy it, no one in this forum does.

Why can’t you just admit you failed. I can with the Tigers we were an absolute joke, massive failures for 40 years. It’s not a big deal to admit it, it’s not a personal attack.

Why can’t you just admit you failed. I can with the Tigers we were an absolute joke, massive failures for 40 years. It’s not a big deal to admit it, it’s not a personal attack.

Admit what?

We didn’t win a flag? Well we didn’t, I can admit that.

I can also admit I’d much rather follow a team who tries to win every year than one who accepts defeat, one who deliberately tries to lose like, ooh I don’t know, the reigning premiers did a decade ago, teams who say that success is for 5 years down the track, and teams who start any given season not trying to claim the title.

Not being the one side that wins the flag isn’t failure. It’s failure to win the flag, it’s not failure to compete, not failure to give yourself a chance, not failure to be better than most other teams, not failure to give your fans something to invest in each week.

It’s easy for you to admit that Richmond failed for 37 years - because they were f***en hopeless for most of that time.

I doubt you’re going to find people saying the same about Sydney 96-05 or west coast 92-06: normal people in normal sporting competitions appreciate sustained quality even if it doesn’t come with a trophy.

Belittling a sporting organisation for daring to try and buck the trend of ‘ok we were good for 5 years time to be *en s**t again until the afl hands us a whole bunch of help’ is stupid. Belittling a sporting organisation for - wait for it - playing games in the city where it is based A is stupid. Belittling a sporting side for its home record is stupid - I’ll ask again, what should we do when we play at KP to make you happy, deliberately lose? Belittling a sporting organisation for its home ground reliance, when it travels not only more frequently but a whole lot more successfully than YOUR OWN TEAM is stupid.

It’s a recurring theme with the garbage you espouse.

Although the Cats haven't delivered in September from all those Top 4 placings.

1 straight sets exit
1 Grand Final loss
0 premierships

Reminds me a little of Geelong from 1989-1995... Perennial bridesmaids.

Do you think they have they overachieved or underachieved? :think:

I tend to think they've overachieved in getting as close as they have. Maybe in 2019, they could've won the flag after finishing on top of the ladder. Although Richmond had their measure kicking 8.8 to 2.4 in the 2nd half of the Prelim Final.
Underachieved due to poor game plan not suited for finals and some horrendous decisions made by the match comittee in the finals.

we should of gone all the way in 2013. And made at least another grand final in 2016-18 period when danger and selwood were at their peaks.

You weren’t sledging anyone about 44 years. In fact I’m sure you probably had no idea our previous drought was 44 years. You were sledging someone who has been 11 years without seeing their side win a flag.

You were 20 before you saw your team win one, and if you were born earlier you’d have been 37.

So a) wtf would you give it to someone about going 11 years without a title when your club only recently went 37 without even making a grand final and b) why would you give it to someone for whom an 11 year wait is minimal compared to their previous wait?

Oh that’s right, nevermind.

You called someone Bruh though, so there’s that

Footy banter mate, cats aren’t off limits. They bad us for our drought too probably not knowing that you had a longer one lol

See dude even the pies supporters you replied to gets it. Cats are a team full of hacks right now just making up the numbers again. Can you hurry up and win a flag and not waste the top 4 spot again. I’m half rooting for you ffs.

Which begs the question as to what the 16 teams ranked below us are full of.

I guess no team aside from the one who is ultimately going to win the flag should show up, and their fans shouldn’t show any interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back