Prediction Is there any reason we can't be the 2019 premiers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’ve been thinking about this. This year is a particularly even year and whilst we’re currently in the mix I’m not really convinced of our ability to win the whole thing.

After yesterday’s performance and soft draw coming up I’d hate to say it but Collingwood look like top 4 material. Argh. That in itself frustrates me. They’ve gone from looking like complete mediocrity to full on finals contenders in what seems like a few weeks.

And that’s the problem. It’s like so even that there’s more competition. Like if there were only a couple of excellent teams to deal with it might make life easier for teams like ours because we have shown that we can beat a great team on our day. But with so many teams all seemingly capable, it’s harder in my opinion.

The question is: Are we ever gonna win another flag (at least in the next decade?) I don’t want to be one of those clubs that endures a 50 year drought.

Oh and if North don’t win it this year (as if we would anyway!) I sincerely hope Melbourne do. Their supporters have waited long enough.

Ok I’ve been thinking about this. This year is a particularly even year and whilst we’re currently in the mix I’m not really convinced of our ability to win the whole thing.

After yesterday’s performance and soft draw coming up I’d hate to say it but Collingwood look like top 4 material. Argh. That in itself frustrates me. They’ve gone from looking like complete mediocrity to full on finals contenders in what seems like a few weeks.

And that’s the problem. It’s like so even that there’s more competition. Like if there were only a couple of excellent teams to deal with it might make life easier for teams like ours because we have shown that we can beat a great team on our day. But with so many teams all seemingly capable, it’s harder in my opinion.

The question is: Are we ever gonna win another flag (at least in the next decade?) I don’t want to be one of those clubs that endures a 50 year drought.

Oh and if North don’t win it this year (as if we would anyway!) I sincerely hope Melbourne do. Their supporters have waited long enough.

Your age is?

Go to the bathroom get out a cake of solvol shove it in your gob until you've washed that hope right out! The noive of the guy.

I think we've got it this season. Barring something catastrophic like brown or cunners going down.
Not the end of the world as we have LDU ' groins of teenage steel' and larkey ' groins of play dough chunks left on your deck and baked so as they cannot be removed' ready to replace them.
Don't be so hard on yourself GG.
You are a credit to the organisation.

Just get that garner right. I repeat before I have even made my initial statement, that he is nothing like kieran Harper

IIRC, this time last year no one gave Tiggers much of a shot, 2 years ago same for Chihuahua's, healthy list, and a bit of momentum towards the business end, and lets re-assess.

My thoughts exactly. With basically a full list I don't think there's anyone we can't beat on our day. Whether we can keep a full list and get into a position that allows us a run at a prelim in Melbourne is another story. Nothing to say other teams won't lose players too... I doubt a Tigers that lost a couple of Dusty / Rance / Cotchin / Caddy would inspire much fear for example. Every team is vulnerable. At this point of the year not worth worrying about much beyond clocking up as many wins as we can and seeing how things sit come end of H&A.

Beating the Pies at the G is pivotal for mine
If we continue our good run of injuries and if the Crows continue their slide, we fear nobody on the run home. If we line up close to full strength in Etihad against Sydney, I'll be very disappointed if we don't knock them off. Garner looms as a key player. He would be a good backup for Waite and a major extra weapon if W80 can stay on the park. Add an improving Ahern to the mix and we're flying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we continue our good run of injuries and if the Crows continue their slide, we fear nobody on the run home. If we line up close to full strength in Etihad against Sydney, I'll be very disappointed if we don't knock them off. Garner looms as a key player. He would be a good backup for Waite and a major extra weapon if W80 can stay on the park. Add an improving Ahern to the mix and we're flying.

I want us full strength for WCE in Hobart.

What's your gut feel as to how we'll go after the break SB? Compared to how you felt in 2016, for instance.

It's too hard to predict mate. We're just too skinny in the midfield to make strong predictions.

If they all come back fit, then we should win the next three, and be even money v Sydney at Etihad.

The Pies at the G is a worry. I think their speed might catch us out.

If all goes well, we could bag as many as 15 wins. If we lose mids, we might struggle to get 12.

It's too hard to predict mate. We're just too skinny in the midfield to make strong predictions.

If they all come back fit, then we should win the next three, and be even money v Sydney at Etihad.

The Pies at the G is a worry. I think their speed might catch us out.

If all goes well, we could bag as many as 15 wins. If we lose mids, we might struggle to get 12.
Yeah, what we'd give to have J. Kelly helping our midfield out right about now....

So far a few teams have been flag faves
Crows..too many injuries
Tiggers...element of surprise gone?
Swans...tried and failed before
Coast....over here dunno?
Then
Cats....seem a bit inconsistent
Port....same
GWS.....always injuries
Pies.....play a risky game Not sure
Hawks....always possible
Nmfc....best is great but close down stars and everything stops

Hard to know who to barrack for
Guessing that tiggers coast Syd and cats are definites
Prolly pies hawks port and us but there is so much that we can stuff up
Coach needs to keep experimenting eg Daw forward or play ldu even if he isn’t getting a kick Maybe he is better in the Ones

I'd prefer to endure back to back from Richmond than have Melbourne win it.

This.

I'll take Richmond, COLA and West Coast playing pass the parcel with it for the next 10 years rather than watch that AFL protected spunkstain tank their way to the dias.

We can make it, but to make it we can't lose any of our important players. Not one.

Our younger guys can't fill in, they are too young or too inexperienced to take that responsibility. We all know what happens when there are too much youth and no structure.. *cough* Carlton and St Kilda *cough*

We have a chance if most of our KP players stay on the park. Guys like Thommo, Taz, BBB, Cunners, JZ, Waite, Wood, Jmac, Lmac, BJ etc.

What I like about North of 2018 is the improvement in flexibility. What I don't like about it is what we haven't liked about it for years. Depth. We don't have players that can play a role on GD that an injured player did without changing structures making things convoluted.

Have to hit the draft hard or look for FAs or even trade options.

It is certainly possible, but the chances of a premiership against teams like Richmond at the MCG or WCE in Perth will prove to be a challenge. Playing either of those teams in those locations is scary AF.

We aren't playing any finals in Geelong though- that game would've been much closer in Melbourne; same reason Richmond don't care about losing interstate.
On a side note, it is a complete joke that Geelong played a 'home' game today v Richmond at the G. Would love a home game v Geelong in Melbourne...

A few ears for Collingwood? It has been eight since they were any good? That is a long time being s**t.

I must admit I laughed at this thread when it started, but even for allowing our thin midfield, why not us?

As long as our guns are fit in September we are a chance. Particularly if we don’t have to leave Melbourne.

I don't understand how anyone can hope Melbourne win a Premiership. They were literally given a coach for free. Ask yourself the last time we were given a lazy few million straight up from head office. They don't deserve sh*t.

I don't understand how anyone can hope Melbourne win a Premiership. They were literally given a coach for free. Ask yourself the last time we were given a lazy few million straight up from head office. They don't deserve sh*t.

I wanted Essendon to win the 2000 grand final. And enjoyed them romping it in.

That's all I need to say on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back