Is Geelong home games at Etihad the biggest league-endorsed rort of recent times?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looked at the fixture and noticed we have a home game against Essendon soon. The game is at Etihad though... That's not our home ground, is this a mistake? Am I reading it wrong?

Surely you are? We played them away at the MCG for "The Country Game" earlier this year I thought?

Spare me. Everyone has issues with fixturing, Geelong do far better than most. They've got a genuine home advantage like the interstate teams, yet they've only got to duck up the road to play away games in melbourne.

Scott has an excuse for whingeing, like every coach he's just trying to get a leg up at every opportunity. OP however is just being a sook.

Spare me. Everyone has issues with fixturing, Geelong do far better than most. They've got a genuine home advantage like the interstate teams, yet they've only got to duck up the road to play away games in melbourne.

Scott has an excuse for whingeing, like every coach he's just trying to get a leg up at every opportunity. OP however is just being a sook.

Melbourne is only an hour from Adelaide too?

Just looked at the fixture and noticed we have a home game against Essendon soon. The game is at Etihad though... That's not our home ground, is this a mistake? Am I reading it wrong?
Surely someone from Geelong signed off on these deals?
I actually used to enjoy going down to Cat Park to see the Bombers. Hopefully once the ground is completed you can play all home games there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have gravitas WHEN either Carter OR Cook say it, but when a Scott says anything its a case of pick the Murali style version of spin ...

Note WHEN not if !!!

One less game Pies membership seating can be sold?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...w/news-story/bfb2aa4da6c949763f94a35234a24df7

“In an ideal world, we would host all 11 home games at Simonds Stadium, but we understand this is not possible.

“Having said that, we would prefer to play our Melbourne home games at the MCG, and will continue to push this issue with the AFL.

“We also asked for more night games and are pleased to have received four after getting just one in 2015.”

- CEO Brian Cook

Surely someone from Geelong signed off on these deals?
I actually used to enjoy going down to Cat Park to see the Bombers. Hopefully once the ground is completed you can play all home games there
No we didn't sign off on it, the AFL forces us to do it. Yes hopefully that happens.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...w/news-story/bfb2aa4da6c949763f94a35234a24df7

“In an ideal world, we would host all 11 home games at Simonds Stadium, but we understand this is not possible.

“Having said that, we would prefer to play our Melbourne home games at the MCG, and will continue to push this issue with the AFL.

“We also asked for more night games and are pleased to have received four after getting just one in 2015.”

- CEO Brian Cook

Wait until the current reno is complete .... it worked a treat when he was learning the trade :thumbsu:

It's a disgrace. No other club is forced to play their home games at an oppositions home turf.
You are aware that Collingwood "hosted" North Melbourne at Etihad just two days ago, yes?

-Melbourne hosted St. Kilda at Etihad in round 6
-Essendon hosted Melbourne at the MCG in round 2
-St. Kilda hosted Collingwood at the MCG in round 3
-Carlton will host Melbourne at the MCG in round 22

A lot of clubs have to deal with this problem.

No we didn't sign off on it, the AFL forces us to do it. Yes hopefully that happens.
Has this always been the case?
Funnily enough I was at our last game down there and talk at the time was that you requested to play the bigger drawing sides in Melbourne.
I know you definately requested to play the Pies twice a year at the MCG and that was only in the last 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back