Is Geelong home games at Etihad the biggest league-endorsed rort of recent times?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not just post this in one of the five or six threads started about this in the last 24 hours? Why bump an old thread?

Seriously - whenever we win the Man Board goes mental.
It doesn't really have anything to do with the GWS whatsoever though, they remain just as irrelevant as ever. It's a Geelong issue which the AFL have reignited by allowing a club to host a final at a venue with a smaller capacity than a Kardinia Park with half a stand knocked down, despite there being much larger alternatives within the same state.

Why not just post this in one of the five or six threads started about this in the last 24 hours? Why bump an old thread?

Seriously - whenever we win the Man Board goes mental.

That second comment explains why older threads should be bumped over this.

It's not the winning, people have been commenting over GWS being gifted success since it the club started.

People don't care if you earn a win, but being gifted them by the AFL...Yeah, that annoys people.

That second comment explains why older threads should be bumped over this.

It's not the winning, people have been commenting over GWS being gifted success since it the club started.

People don't care if you earn a win, but being gifted them by the AFL...Yeah, that annoys people.
Gifted fmd lol

Gold coast?
How many picks did melbourne have that they fluffed?
When we beat Carlton in 2014 they had more 1st rounders than us in their team.

Every expansion teams 1st flag (sorry freo) was due to consessions

And the Melbourne power clubs became that way due to zones

Seems you guys couldnt run a fair and even competition long before we got here.

Gifted fmd lol

Gold coast?
How many picks did melbourne have that they fluffed?
When we beat Carlton in 2014 they had more 1st rounders than us in their team.

Every expansion teams 1st flag (sorry freo) was due to consessions

And the Melbourne power clubs became that way due to zones

Seems you guys couldnt run a fair and even competition long before we got here.

So you don't think you were gifted, but then go on to make excuses by saying "yeah, but everyone got gifts", effectively admitting that you know you're getting such gifts...

Of course, other clubs only got startup concessions...7 years in, they weren't still getting concessions to boost their list (COLA, Academy).

So you don't think you were gifted, but then go on to make excuses by saying "yeah, but everyone got gifts", effectively admitting that you know you're getting such gifts...

Of course, other clubs only got startup concessions...7 years in, they weren't still getting concessions to boost their list (COLA, Academy).

No excuses. Im saying that there were concessions.

But for some reason we are the ones to end the world of footy. All of the others didnt.

The big 4 didnt with their control back in vfl days of zones

Eagles Crows didnt with their soo sides.

Port didnt with their concessions nor have the Swans

We wont either nor will the Suns.

But hey,

If its a gift then give us the damn cup and stop fluffing around.

Cap shrinks as our list does. You know this dont be like those other plebs.

The academies help even out the natural downsides of being a frontier/northern club. Wether you believe what we keep bringing up or not as real. It does exist.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

It doesn't really have anything to do with the GWS whatsoever though, they remain just as irrelevant as ever. It's a Geelong issue which the AFL have reignited by allowing a club to host a final at a venue with a smaller capacity than a Kardinia Park with half a stand knocked down, despite there being much larger alternatives within the same state.
I hope you are not winging about travelling to another state and missing on finals tickets because your team had to play at a s**t box suburben oval because that would suck eggs. 500 tickets were offered to freo members that day.

A club with various of their best players suspended by WADA for the year getting the coveted number one draft pick as a direct result of that stain on the game.
Now that is the biggest league endorsed rort , right now.
Nothing else comes close this year. Nothing!!!
Gil is an absolute farce of a CEO for allowing this rort to go on.

So the Geelong Football Club gets disadvantaged for being a strong, powerful club? Seems strange that the minnows get preferential treatment. Hawthorn have 75k members. The possible GWS v Hawthorn prelim should be played at the SCG/ANZ. It's in the same state and it has a larger capacity. What's fair for one should be fair for the other.

GWS a minnow :rolleyes: .... its a developing market leader, doing the hard yards. Freo copped it in the neck, and now its the boot on the other foot ??

Why would you NOT want to play on the MCG the week before the Grand Final, and 2 weeks after we beat Hawthorn on it?

Also, do you remember the last final we played in Geelong?

MCG please.

I hope you are not winging about travelling to another state and missing on finals tickets because your team had to play at a s**t box suburben oval because that would suck eggs. 500 tickets were offered to freo members that day.

How many were allocated for the GF?

It's only a matter of time before the AFL are held accountable. Cooky is starting to throw his weight around now as well.

GEELONG would expect to be granted a home final at Simonds Stadium as soon as next season once the venue's redevelopment is completed by May.

The Cats' request comes with Greater Western Sydney likely to play its preliminary final against either Hawthorn or the Western Bulldogs at 24.000-capacity Spotless Stadium on September 24.

Asked whether the Cats deserve to host a final at Kardinia Park in 2017, Geelong CEO Brian Cook was adamant.

"We do. If it's good enough for GWS, it's good enough for us," Cook told SEN.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-...ium-finals-from-next-year-says-ceo-brian-cook

It was a Geelong home final. Who gives a rat's clacker about the Freo fans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The redevelopment has hurt any chance of home finals this year. Personally I'd prefer all of our finals at the MCG anyway, I reckon playing a home prelim infront of 24k then a Grand Final at the 'G infront of 100k might be a disadvantage for GWS.

I'm happy with the AFL's reasoning for the Geelong v Hawthorn game the other night being at the MCG rather than KP due to the capacity.

But if they're going to turn around and not play the GWS PF at ANZ stadium or the SCG for the same reason then Cats fans have the right to feel aggrieved.

I'm happy with the AFL's reasoning for the Geelong v Hawthorn game the other night being at the MCG rather than KP due to the capacity.

But if they're going to turn around and not play the GWS PF at ANZ stadium or the SCG for the same reason then Cats fans have the right to feel aggrieved.

Not really.
If they had hawks v cats at the cattery theyre costing themselves money and possibly 30k fans not getting in.

If they have GWS v Hawthorn at Skoda they're saving money and possibly 10k fans dont get in.

Big difference.

Only a matter of time really. Cook is keeping them honest and accountable.
Don't get to play 11 H&A games or finals on our home ground.

One of those two has to change at a bare minimum for equality.

Not really.
If they had hawks v cats at the cattery theyre costing themselves money and possibly 30k fans not getting in.

If they have GWS v Hawthorn at Skoda they're saving money and possibly 10k fans dont get in.

Big difference.
AFL have said before "the fans come first". If 10,000 fans are missing out on a seat when there is a larger capacity stadium available in the same state then it just shows that that line is BS. We already knew that though. It's all about the money and in this instance giving GWS the best chance at winning that final which is in the financial interests of building the game from the AFL's perspective.

AFL have said before "the fans come first". If 10,000 fans are missing out on a seat when there is a larger capacity stadium available in the same state then it just shows that that line is BS. We already knew that though. It's all about the money and in this instance giving GWS the best chance at winning that final which is in the financial interests of building the game from the AFL's perspective.
Ding ding ding. There has yet to be a GWS vs Hawthorn final in the history of AFL/VFL. How the AFL can come out and say that a 25k stadium is more than big enough to host a team with 75k members is beyond me. It'll also be the only game in Sydney that week. Should be played at SCG/ANZ and I can guarantee you'd get more than 25k there.

Whats notable is the lack of hawks or doggies fans complaining in here
Don't tell me you're going to want finals played in Tasmania? The biggest embarrassment in the club's history since it's attempted merger with Melbourne. Once you guys becoming fully re-branded as the Tassie Hawks, then you can complain. Geelong Cats, it kind of says it all.

Don't tell me you're going to want finals played in Tasmania? The biggest embarrassment in the club's history since it's attempted merger with Melbourne. Once you guys becoming fully re-branded as the Tassie Hawks, then you can complain. Geelong Cats, it kind of says it all.

I dont think its geelong fans bitching either. i think its the swans loving media and .... What do we see, the swans ARE playing thir home ground and would have if it was a prelim

Also the afl got plenty of state money into upgrading spotless. Maybe the state insisted on some finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back