Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part I:

Thread Rules:
Alright.

I recognise that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. I appreciate that Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • If I see the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

If you accumulate enough points in a 12 month period you will lose privileges:

5 points - 1 week off.
10 points - 2 weeks off
15 points - 3 weeks off
20 points - Account banned.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates a part of this forum that isn't on Int Pol or the SRP does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Thanks all.
Play nicely, all.

Last edited:
If Hamas was slaughtering innocent Israelis and stealing Israeli land would you be talking about Egypt or other neighbouring countries taking in Israelis?????

Will you answer the question this time?

Here’s the original question which I answered clearly and plainly but I will try again.

Yes I would be still talking about Egypt and other countries taking in Israelis .

Don’t know how that is any different to how I answered it the first time but surely I have answered it now ?

They are walled in because of Israel, not because of Egypt.
They wouldn't need to go anywhere if Israel wasn't forcing them to flee.

Very very simple.
Not complicated at all.

But being morally correct or it’s not Egypts fault that they built a wall ..isn’t helping the children caught in a war zone that are dying.
Can’t they at least let the women and children through that want to get the hell out of there?

But being morally correct or it’s not Egypts fault that they built a wall ..isn’t helping the children caught in a war zone that are dying.
Can’t they at least let the women and children through that want to get the hell out of there?

The main problem is the occupying force, the one that is bombing and shooting these women and children that you so clearly care about.

Why do you keep deflecting to Egypt?

So what do you think?
I in favor of free movement, but recognise I’m in a very small minority. I also believe that movement is at your own risk (so for example Australia is not responsible for deaths of people getting into leaky boats)
But I’m also not in Egypt and can easily understand reluctance to help given the cost. I’m not going to tell Egypt what to do; they aren’t taking any offensive actions (compare Russia I’m happy to tell them to **** off with their ******** invasion as they are in full control of what they do and are prime cause)

That doesn't answer the question. Again.

If Hamas forcibly displaces Israelis, Israelis can run to Egypt or to other countries, because that's what neighbours do, right?

All Hamas has to do is kill 30,000 Israelis, destroy every building in Israel and force every Israeli to move from the North to the South and then into the Sinai and according to people like you, that wouldn't be genocide. That would be journalists with an agenda using emotive language

You would have no issue with Hamas doing that. It's war, bad stuff happens in war. It's not genocide or ethnic cleansing, it would just be part of war.
All the IDF would have to do is surrender. Simple. Everyone then goes home happy.

Yes if the IDF surrendered the war would stop. Not everyone would go home happy but the killing of innocent women and children would stop. Isn’t that what we are all here for ?

Yes if the IDF surrendered the war would stop. Not everyone would go home happy but the killing of innocent women and children would stop. Isn’t that what we are all here for ?
So why don't they?

I in favor of free movement, but recognise I’m in a very small minority. I also believe that movement is at your own risk (so for example Australia is not responsible for deaths of people getting into leaky boats)
But I’m also not in Egypt and can easily understand reluctance to help given the cost. I’m not going to tell Egypt what to do; they aren’t taking any offensive actions (compare Russia I’m happy to tell them to * off with their ***** invasion as they are in full control of what they do and are prime cause)

Well I say open your border to the women and children Egypt
One …it saves lives of the innocent .
Two….As soon as Hamas no longer has women and children to hide amongst then they surrender. No more terrible terrible terrible war

How does that fit in to your ideology?

Two….As soon as Hamas no longer has women and children to hide amongst then they surrender. No more terrible terrible terrible war

Three... It gives Israel an out for all the murders they have committed. Unless Egypt is willing to then fight for Gazans, feed, clothe, and house them their fate will be the same.

All Israel has to do is stop and rebuild.

Not hard.

or Israel say "we don't believe you have released everyone we will still kill off any potential terrorist, and we know women cna be terrorists and children grow up to be terrorists"

you don't get to dictate to Egypt what Egypt chooses to do when Egypt are not dropping bombs on anyone. THough Id turn a blind eye if they dropped one on Bibi.

Exactly.. so don’t you think it’s time to look at other options?
Gaza is 40km by 10km. The children aren’t far from safety.
other options apart from stop bombing
Bibi commit ritual seppuku maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t help the women and children if they are the bad guys .

They are the powerful guys and it’s not their women and children getting killed.

That's weird. You've just posted 5 times that Egypt are the bad guys. It's not their women and children either.

Why do you apply different standards for different bad guys?

That's weird. You've just posted 5 times that Egypt are the bad guys. It's not their women and children either.

it is deflection away from the crime israel commits by putting onus on a third party to intervene.

All right so the Israelis are the bad guys and the Egyptians are the bad guys. So no chance of the bombing stopping or borders been open .
What’s left ?
Hamas to surrender ? I’m happy with that .
Or is that a no no on here ?

All right so the Israelis are the bad guys and the Egyptians are the bad guys. So no chance of the bombing stopping or borders been open .
What’s left ?

No one supports Hamas here.

With Israel shooting anyone that waves a white flag, how do you propose that Hamas surrenders?
Can it be done safely?

What’s left ?
Egyptians not bad guys. Are neutral by inaction.
What happens when Hamas surrender and Israel claim it is not a real surrender and so keep attacking?

No one supports Hamas here.

With Israel shooting anyone that waves a white flag, how do you propose that Hamas surrenders?
Can it be done safely?

Mmm. Good point. I think there used to be a head honcho somewhere but whether anyone listens anymore. Who knows.
Return of all hostages would be away of showing that you are fair dinkum about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back