Its time for chartered planes

Remove this Banner Ad

Book it for Finals, just take a hit money wise. If the teams are not in the grand final. Maybe offer it fans in package deal. Make it a football experience, like grand tickets, flights, accommodation, having assistant coaches or players on the planes to answer questions, etc

When are the finals played or you are suggesting Thu - Mon for every week of the Finals? Are you expecting to pay for flying hours only?

My company is a charter supplier and we sell flights for teams and thousands of sports fans around the world. Strangely here in Australia it's not so popular, even often cheaper than group tickets

So, are you saying that punters are on the the flights that the footy players are on ?? I realise how big the planes are, but I have always just assumed that the planes only carried the players and team staff.

I highly doubt a 150+ capacity would all be the team..I believe players/staff are cordoned off by a couple empty rows to the general public?

My company is a charter supplier and we sell flights for teams and thousands of sports fans around the world. Strangely here in Australia it's not so popular, even often cheaper than group tickets

I think the threat of some random airline killing all of an australian club is WHY charter flights arent used all the time. Rely on the big ones.

I highly doubt a 150+ capacity would all be the team..I believe players/staff are cordoned off by a couple empty rows to the general public?

I think the threat of some random airline killing all of an australian club is WHY charter flights arent used all the time. Rely on the big ones.

There are exactly the same safety rules for aircraft used commercially, doesn't matter if operating regular or non scheduled flights;)

There are exactly the same safety rules for aircraft used commercially, doesn't matter if operating regular or non scheduled flights;)
Totally wrong. 'Charter' category and 'Regular Public Transport' category flights have a gigantic number of differences in the rules they are governed by. 'Airwork' and 'Private' are different again FWIW.

Another thing that isn't being considered is that in Aus vs the U.S./many other places (particularly NZ) the cost of aviation is insanely high due to bureaucratic bullshit from CAsA. They are literally the worst government department I've ever had to deal with by a gigantic margin.

And there's no way clubs would be able to buy a decent sized jet to use for one return flight a week. The costs would be completely prohibitive. Chartering a Skytraders A319 or something could be worth it for the richer clubs, but I'd imagine the deal with Virgin is the main problem with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer Eagles and Freo come up with some sort of Melbourne training facility. Spend 3 weeks in Melbourne at a time say twice a season. So instead of 6 flights we are only doing 2. Or only needing to jump on a plane for an hour to go to NSW / QLD for a game.

Would help massively for that block of away games but also on the flipside having 3 home games in a row would be amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back