List Mgmt. Jack Frost has requested a trade

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really going to miss or those fumbles, trips, dropped marks, over running the ball and losing his man plays :(

I'll definitely miss how much breathing room he gave his opponents.

He's such a kind soul.

We can't afford to lose Brown. I would assume he is staying given Frost is going.
We would hope so. But amazingly "The Age" suggests that even though the Kangas have cooled on the FA aspect of Brown (due to compensation for Wells) he might get there for a late pick ???? Seriously the cost cutting at our newspapers has led to consequential reduction in intellectual capacity of the journo's. Why bother writing tripe ?

frost was a handy back up for us, but never was going to be best 22 short or long term going forward.
good luck to him, hope he likes the heat and humidity over summer and early autumn

I'm really going to miss or those fumbles, trips, dropped marks, over running the ball and losing his man plays :(
You can always watch Brisbane games

I'll definitely miss how much breathing room he gave his opponents.

He's such a kind soul.

I will never forget when we almost back in the game against West Coast and Oxley slipped and handballed to Frost. It happens whatever. Frost somehow slowly baulked himself straight into Darling but is looking to handball back to oxley who is on the ground and maybe marley who is covered with his right hand. By the time he can transfer the ball to handball with his left Darling has got him and inferred pressure makes him miss the target by going back over his head into the corridor with west coast players running goal side instead of the boundary.

The best part was when Frost was making an effort to chase Cripps down he trips himself and Darling over. Watch Darling throw his head back as he falls forward. At this point I questioned what I was doing watching the s**t

I will never forget when we almost back in the game against West Coast and Oxley slipped and handballed to Frost. It happens whatever. Frost somehow slowly baulked himself straight into Darling but is looking to handball back to oxley who is on the ground and maybe marley who is covered with his right hand. By the time he can transfer the ball to handball with his left Darling has got him and inferred pressure makes him miss the target by going back over his head into the corridor with west coast players running goal side instead of the boundary.

The best part was when Frost was making an effort to chase Cripps down he trips himself and Darling over. Watch Darling throw his head back as he falls forward. At this point I questioned what I was doing watching the s**t

Seriously, why did you remind me of that?

I had successfully suppressed that f**king memory.

No loss, I think he got the best out of himself, but never improved from his breakout season in 2014. He jokingly made a remark during the year about his elite kicking and marking ability saying those were the areas he needed to improve.

It just means we'll get to keep Nathan Brown who by far is a much better player, premiership player with big game experience, along with his age demographic in a young side is a big reason why we may climb up the ladder.

Off topic, but when did you become a mod again?

Off topic, but when Derek Hine briefed our mods about what's going to happen over the upcoming trade period - our mods figured they would need a helping hand - so I'm just pitching in for a little while until the turmoil passes (*)

* Note: I might have just totally made that up - sometimes fiction is more fun than reality.

He'll be good depth for them, but I wouldn't play him ahead of Harris Andrews or Darcy Gardiner.

Lost respect for him when he sat out of the Prelim when he was right. Hope you enjoy that piece of garbage club Frosty.

Overall what are posters thoughts on how well we have done with Frost? Starting as a rookie, moving to a pick in the twenties; is this a win for the club? Noting he has played a fair number of senior games.

I get that if he is not part of our future whatever we can get for him now is good value, and a pick in the twenties certainly sounds that. Is it a win that we have put all these games into him, especially given the argument it takes players years to learn a game plan and those games could have been put into a player that might be a part of our long term future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall what are posters thoughts on how well we have done with Frost? Starting as a rookie, moving to a pick in the twenties; is this a win for the club? Noting he has played a fair number of senior games.

I get that if he is not part of our future whatever we can get for him now is good value, and a pick in the twenties certainly sounds that. Is it a win that we have put all these games into him, especially given the argument it takes players years to learn a game plan and those games could have been put into a player that might be a part of our long term future.
Moving to a pick in the 20's? What fantasy world will that happen in? 3rd rounder at best.

Can also understand Frost wanting to move for further opportunities; disappointing if true that he wasn't committed to the club (missing prelim) at the end though. While he obviously has his limitations as a player Frost has been a solid pick up from the rookie draft and will do well at Brisbane.

Moving to a pick in the 20's? What fantasy world will that happen in? 3rd rounder at best.
My mistake, I thought that was what was on offer. Anyway, regardless, what I'm asking is does that (2nd round or 3rd round) represent a good outcome for the club or would we have better to have been better to put those games into someone else?

My mistake, I thought that was what was on offer. Anyway, regardless, what I'm asking is does that (2nd round or 3rd round) represent a good outcome for the club or would we have better to have been better to put those games into someone else?

I think it would have been better to get games into Marsh earlier.

Could not agree more but he did lose a fair bit of opportunity with the hammies.

2 pre seasons shot due to hamstring tendons ? We are talking about Marsh not Frost ?
He was back training before Christmas in both cases. He didn't miss any football because of his hamstrings.

Easy in hindsight but getting Marsh right injury wise was a good thing if that was a consideration...which I am unsure whether it was or wasnt but Marsh had a few terrible years with injury.

Frost can be a good one on one blanket defender,has great closing speed and with time will learn to balance the art of sticking tight to his direct opponent compared to playing off him which is his preference (because of aforementioned closing speed). Will also learn to mark. Will never learn to kick or handball though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back