Injury Jack Higgins out of football for the whole of next year with brain injury. Needs more brain surgery.

Remove this Banner Ad

The time is now and 2020 to try and strike. 2021 those guys are all twilight players, regardless of that I expect there are other teams who would now be better than us with a different age profile. Can't contend forever, would love to take advantage and win another this year, must strike while you can.

Are there not a million other threads in which to bicker about Richmond's list?

Good luck to the young bloke.

Pretty bad luck for Higgo to miss a AFL grand final due to this issue

Was easy best 22 when fit

Erm, wasn’t he in s**t form and got dropped and got the initial knock to the head in the VFL?

Case of second year blues before this unfortunate injury.

Erm, wasn’t he in s**t form and got dropped and got the initial knock to the head in the VFL?

Na wouldve strolled into the side in front of Rioli (maybe) Short, Baker, Ellis types - People theorizing his poorer form was related to his medical issue.

Perhaps only the doctors know or can guess. The condition existed previous to the vfl hit is my understanding.

Was in very good form early and significantly improved the midfield last season when he went in their @ afl level, according to the stats - like I said very sad to see Higgo miss a AFL gf (and/or VFL premiership). Hope he can get his health right and will be a big bonus for Richmond if he plays next season.

Onya Higgo

His poor form was due to being shifted into the midfield and he was a bit out of his depth, so they sent him to the VFL to learn his trade.

With finals on the cards, then if he wasn't doing well in the middle (and he was starting to get it right), then they probably would have switched him back to the forward line.

There was no real head knock, it was a preexisting issue. Yeah, he probably got a bump that knocked it loose, but it was always going to happen sooner or later. In many ways he's lucky that as an AFL player his health is so closely monitored and they caught it quickly.

Man , doesn't this just put it all into perspective ... all the best Jack Higgins , thoughts are with you and your family , friends and all close to you .
Such a lovable positive personality ... Get well soon lad !!!

quote from the start is concerning:

HOST: its been a lot more serious than a lot of you may be aware of, and Jack came quite close in a lot of circumstances to nearly passing away, so thats been the situation hasn't it Jack?

HIGGINS: I almost came close to dying a few times which is pretty sad, had open brain surgery which is pretty crazy, has surgery and lost 8kg in one day. I've been through a lot, but I guess there's people doing worse in worse situations than me so I can't complain.

Hope this is good news, fingers crossed for him, seems a really genuine, good bloke who just loves his footy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back