Toast Jack Riewoldt 300th game Tonight!

Remove this Banner Ad

St Francis is my best but I hope we get a few more in that 300 club. I rate that achievement second only to flags.
What do they do at the 300 functions argue, about whether Hafey dynasty was as good as the Hardwick one?

I noticed in all the media films of the 300-club meeting, KB was doing all the talking. He could even talk the legs off Jack!

I don't think there'd be a lot of arguing. I reckon Jack and St Francis would just look at each other, shrug, put the earmuffs on and have another beer.

Now look at you. Shadow of the man you used to be!!!

Can't use the old line about "I don't date girls who were alive when the tigers last won a premiership" either!

I tried to do a Top-10 once with some mates - it's difficult! There's a lot of explaining/justifications. No one's right (except me, of course).

1. KB.
2. Dusty.
3-4. Richo and Jack - it varies on the day. Can't split them.
5. Weightman.
6. Rance.
7 - 8 - 9. St Francis, Sheedy & Cotchin. Can't split them. I just want them in my team.
10 - (Got stuck here) - could be any of several - Cloke, Roach, Campbell, Clay, Bowden, Knights, Lee, Grimes (maybe others). Roach at his best (79-82 was as good as anyone, but he had an ordinary 2nd half of his career - thank you Roger Merrett).

(The obvious explanations - I don't remember Royce Hart before his knee - I'm too young. The 3 great centremen - Stewart, Raines and Rioli - all played less than 130 games - not long enough for mine. Raines was great.)

As I said - only players I've seen, my list, and it's correct and I'm right. Mind you, ask me tomorrow and I might change my mind. Toughest choices were Bourke and Rance. I may have Rance too high and I may have Bourke too low. But whatever.

I agree with the top 2, I'll have a think about the rest, but, Maurice has to be in the top ten, less than 130 games or not, he was unreal.

Was just looking at the all time goal scorer list because of the Hawkins main board thread

So close to catching richo but don’t know how long jack has left, don’t see any need to retire yet
I think he certainly plays in 2023 and has another 30-35 games left (depending on richmond playing finals)
that will take him to close to 350 games and if he averages 2 goals a game he gets to 800

Remove this Banner Ad

Back