Recommitted Jake Stringer [re-signed until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Has he worked out yet he is either a very dangerous forward or a mediocre midfielder?
If he plays as a forward you'd offer 3 years for sure. If he still thinks he's going to be a midfielder... Essendon have a lot of other options.

He’s excellent in the centre bounces where Essendon’s smaller midfield doesn’t have the protection from the extra numbers.

Take out his games where he rushed back while overweight last year and he’s been in excellent form in his role for a while now.

Doubt we'd be asking for anything more than half of what we paid for him, which was 2x 2nds. Would probably settle for an early 3rd. The fact we won't give him the deal he wants suggests we don't view him as untouchable.

Um, what? :think:

Not sure this is serious, right? We got him cheap as chips because his club kicked him out.

He's lost 8kg, looks to have finally pulled his finger out, and has started the year well until he did a hammy. I'm not sure any Essendon supporter could be thick enough to think a 3rd round pick is acceptable, so I assume you are taking the michael.

He will likely sign a 3 year deal and as long as he isn't paid north of 600 that would be fine.

Um, what? :think:

Not sure this is serious, right? We got him cheap as chips because his club kicked him out.

He's lost 8kg, looks to have finally pulled his finger out, and has started the year well until he did a hammy. I'm not sure any Essendon supporter could be thick enough to think a 3rd round pick is acceptable, so I assume you are taking the michael.

He will likely sign a 3 year deal and as long as he isn't paid north of 600 that would be fine.

I think it’s more if he goes then it’d be because we refused to pay him seeing as he wants to stay. It’s hard to get value for a player if another club is ponying up 4 years and we are only offering 3

He would have interest from other clubs if a deal doesn't get done with Essendon.

But at the same time you wouldn't want to over pay a player like Stringer with Parish, Merrett out of contract

4 years at reduced pay imo should get the job done.

Could you imagine how Kobe Mutch felt busting his ass in a contract year set back by injury doing all his rehab right whilst Stringer rolls his ankle stacks on 10kg then gets rushed back into the side. It’s culture destroying for clubs.
Stringer = Premiership winning AA elite superstar
Mutch = not that.
I get it, but the kid got his chances.

Let's just forget 2020 EFC. not our finest year.

Stringer = Premiership winning AA elite superstar
Mutch = not that.
I get it, but the kid got his chances.

Let's just forget 2020 EFC. not our finest year.

Not saying Mutch shouldn’t have been cut but Stringer’s lack of professionalism may not cost him games but it will cost him money imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would have interest from other clubs if a deal doesn't get done with Essendon.

But at the same time you wouldn't want to over pay a player like Stringer with Parish, Merrett out of contract

4 years at reduced pay imo should get the job done.

Essendon will have enough to pay all three. Easily.

Best they start front loading guys now whilst there is plenty of pie so they can bring in some big names in 2-3 years.

Stringer wants $800k x 4 years

DREAMING !!!

Lucky to get $500k x 3

Nick Riewoldt called out Jon Ralph for making that up and he retracted pretty bloody quickly.

No one thinks Stringer is worth $800,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essendon will have enough to pay all three. Easily.

Best they start front loading guys now whilst there is plenty of pie so they can bring in some big names in 2-3 years.
We are ok for salary cap. I expect we paid the bare minimum of the cap last year

Hooker and Zaharakis are coming out of contract this year and they had a decent contracts, Hurley next year

We had cap set aside for Daniher, Saad, McKenna and Fantasia in 2020 and still had enough to chase Dunkley with a big pay day, we've replaced those guys with the much cheaper Hind, 2MP, Waterman and Caldwell (arguably without losing much in terms of on-field performance)

We can afford to pay Merrett, Parish and Stringer well, give Laverde and Redman a bit of a bump, and still have a nice war-chest for FA chasing this off season

We are ok for salary cap. I expect we paid the bare minimum of the cap last year

Hooker and Zaharakis are coming out of contract this year and they had a decent contracts, Hurley next year

We had cap set aside for Daniher, Saad, McKenna and Fantasia in 2020 and still had enough to chase Dunkley with a big pay day, we've replaced those guys with the much cheaper Hind, 2MP, Waterman and Caldwell (arguably without losing much in terms of on-field performance)

We can afford to pay Merrett, Parish and Stringer well, give Laverde and Redman a bit of a bump, and still have a nice war-chest for FA chasing this off season
Sadly no decent FA to chase.
i imagine we'll bank it for 2022 off season.

His time at Essendon was a rollercoaster, 2018 decent, 2019-2020 poor, 2021 decent to date. Never was good throughout a season though and his hamstrings mean his burst midfield stints is probably done and near decline. I wouldn't go more than 2 years if I were dodo and I wouldn't recommend chasing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back