Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird how high a bar we hold 20 year olds to.

Will be a great player for us, will just need time not unlike most 20 year olds.
It's not about the performance level even, it's, what does he do well that can be built on?

Win the ball? No
Good ball user? No
Great kick? No
Competitor? No

Whatever you list he has shown none if it. Adams you could see was a Luke Ball type and a ball winner, something to work with

Aish has nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

It's not about the performance level even, it's, what does he do well that can be built on?

Win the ball? No
Good ball user? No
Great kick? No
Competitor? No

Whatever you list he has shown none if it. Adams you could see was a Luke Ball type and a ball winner, something to work with

Aish has nothing.

If you don't think he has shown anything, you never watched him at Brisbane/play at all.

If you don't think he has shown anything, you never watched him at Brisbane/play at all.
Recent form is your best guide. I watched him quite a bit last year and he was very ordinary and lucky not to be dropped more than he was. His form has continued along those lines with us this year.

Recent form is your best guide. I watched him quite a bit last year and he was very ordinary and lucky not to be dropped more than he was. His form has continued along those lines with us this year.

Not sure that's totally valid. Otherwise you'd have young players who show signs, have 2nd/3rd year blues and then just get delisted.

The signs are there, even the blind could see.

Not sure that's totally valid. Otherwise you'd have young players who show signs, have 2nd/3rd year blues and then just get delisted.

The signs are there, even the blind could see.
typical bigfooty response.. some people don't see what you see so they must be blind. nice one bud:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win the ball? No
Good ball user? No
Great kick? No
Competitor? No

Aish has nothing.

Good ball used: Yes.
Good kick: Yes.
Can tackle: Yes.
Well-rounded: Yes.
Young: Yes (put it this way, he's 2 years younger than Taylor Adams).

Challenges: impacting the game/competitor.

Maybe try the Josh Smith thread, not the James Aish thread?
Pretty sure that was his point. Josh Smith is getting very little love in 'his' thread?

So he can tackle? Is it just that he won't tackle then? He's laid 7 tackles in 4 games so far which is pathetic for a mid/flanker/whatever he is. We have a certain American 7 footer who has managed to have that many tackles in 2 games.

Aish will come good, let's give him more than two games before we bring out the guillotine can we

He wasn't a highly prized draft pick and keenly sought trade target because he can't kick, can't get the ball, can't compete yadda, yadda, yadda....

Spot On. Just need to Get bit more Competitve and Attack the Ball More

If the shoe fits.

Was a contender for the Rising Star in his first year. If you don't think that constitutes as 'signs', not sure what does.
Sam Blease, Liam Jones, Mitch Golby, aaron sipposs, Tom Bugg, Ben Sinclair, Jarrad Grant. All recent years rising star nominees. Not the best form guide ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back