Recommitted Jamie Elliott [re-signed with Collingwood for two more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting to see what their offer is, surely they wouldn't have offered 4 years so must be 3 years with some good coin.
It would make sense

We have plenty of coin to throw around but not in a position to give up draft capital so i wouldn't be surprised if he gave him a really good offer.

No idea if it's true but i really hope it is.

Only a Facebook rumour but says he’s off to the hawks.
Someone posts a link to the Tom Browne tweet on bigfooty, someone reads it and takes it to a facebook group saying “Elliot to Hawthorn”.

I think there will be a few teams sniffing around, Tom Browne has now named Melbourne, Hawthorn, North, Bulldogs and a potential to stay at Collingwood,
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Tom report Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and St Kilda enter the race over the next week knowing very well Jamie won't move interstate.

Elliott would be in a hard place.

Collingwood have given him good money for a few years and he has not really repaid them due to injuries. He would want to stay and repay them.

However, some teams will throw some big money and years at him and he needs to set himself up after footy as best he can.

Imo Hawks are being used to drive up Elliott price.

We have a few wait and see prospects in the forward line. Ross, Walker, Moore, Hanrahan we'd be jumping the gun if we started recruiting more of these types.

Unless we see Wingard as a full time midfielder.

On Collingwood players I'd much prefer hawks to pick up Murray as a stop gap for Impey.

Bidding war would be interesting. He was Collingwood's best forward yesterday, he is simply outstanding when on the paddock and clubs hand over a little extra cash for FAs as they don't need to use picks.

Strange situation the Pies find them self in with Elliot

Certainly worth 4 x $600-$650k and will get offered good coin but can you trust his body to stand up for that long and get another 100 games
I would say no as these injuries wont get better as you get older and would not be wanting to carry that type of salary for a long period

But if he did want to repay the club he would take a less deal (years) but on good coin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there will be a few teams sniffing around, Tom Browne has now named Melbourne, Hawthorn, North, Bulldogs and a potential to stay at Collingwood,
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Tom report Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and St Kilda enter the race over the next week knowing very well Jamie won't move interstate.
North aren’t interested, it’s pure guesswork from Browne because of our cap space and interest in Papley.

I have a strong feeling management is leaking this out so it bumps up Collingwoods financial offer. I think after the loss and realisation of lack of avenue to goal, Collingwood really need to match what we are offering. He will be a huge miss to them if he can stay healthy.

In saying that, I do hope we land him. Exactly what we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back