January Daily Punt -Damn it's Hot!

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as its restricted to horses from the magic millions sales it will be a farce. Of course some good horses race there but it has no depth usually. I notice they have lengthened the stayers cup from 1800m to 2200m this year... Still wouldnt call it a stayers race though

Been waiting for Deep Image to run after its huge 2nd agains Winning Rupert last start, i see its nommed in the Maiden at the GC on sat, Obviously a plan by the trainer to not win its first start by running it out of its class so it can run in a 200k maiden. will be interesting to see the opening price

Been waiting for Deep Image to run after its huge 2nd agains Winning Rupert last start, i see its nommed in the Maiden at the GC on sat, Obviously a plan by the trainer to not win its first start by running it out of its class so it can run in a 200k maiden. will be interesting to see the opening price
That whole idea of a 200k maiden must lend itself to some.dodgy practices. A $200k maiden!

Scratched

Have no interest in the race meet. Travelling large distances off indifferent preps nothing being straight forward preparation, the tracks a pile of s**t horses being forced to run a set distance and often only a handful of horses of high talent.

Rupert v Glamour is a good example.

1200m horse vs miler+ on a track they haven't run on and GG has had 1 non descript run over a distance you can't judge it on got beat 5 by fox play last time from memory farken. Reckon it's do-able will be hard form to do. I'd stay safe with QLD'ers and proven travellers/weight carriers.

Four people charged by police over alleged harness race-fixing in Victoria

The Sporting Integrity Intelligence Unit (SIIU) and Shepparton detectives have today charged four people in relation to alleged harness race-fixing in Victoria.

Nathan Jack, Lisa Bartley, Mark Pitt and Amanda Turnbull have been identified as the licensed participants charged with engaging in conduct that corrupts a betting outcome and other related offences.

Following the running of race four at Cobram on June 22, 2015, the Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Integrity Department launched an investigation into the training arrangements surrounding the winning horse Airbournemagic, the tactics adopted during the running of the race and the associated betting on the race.

https://www.punters.com.au/news/Charges-laid-in-harness-race-fixing-probe_156433/

It sounds like they made a real hash of this. Even the local newspaper was all over it at the time.

Big Plunge at Trots day

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiRlZG3v7nRAhWBQpQKHQaLCd4QFggdMAA&url=http://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-cobram-courier/20150701/281840052322956&usg=AFQjCNHiHGeohmHFUkhlHqEu7uwcnjJ7Mw&sig2=Vf_TGC8DA3zY9OJN-ROUMQ

Apparently changed trainers as well after the race...

Last edited:
some strange things happening in NZ today too.

jockeys being jockeys and horses struggling to break 3 quarter pace over the last 600m in the wet.

55seconds last 600.. and a horse started $1.80 on the tote in those conditions...

it was an absolute quagmire, ive never seen horses going so slow. but safe , i love heavy track racing, its the easiest surface to win on in winter (summer tracks different cos horses arent set for wet track campaigns.) stupid synthetic tracks have taken that income stream away from me though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some strange things happening in NZ today too.

jockeys being jockeys and horses struggling to break 3 quarter pace over the last 600m in the wet.

55seconds last 600.. and a horse started $1.80 on the tote in those conditions...
I dont get how a jockey cant count laps when its one and a half laps. A four lap race at gloucester park maybe, lap 29 of a 1500m swimming race, understandable. Horse actually kicked on well after being sprinted early, pulled up, quickened again and out 3 wide for the rest

I dont get how a jockey cant count laps when its one and a half laps. A four lap race at gloucester park maybe, lap 29 of a 1500m swimming race, understandable. Horse actually kicked on well after being sprinted early, pulled up, quickened again and out 3 wide for the rest

They're an interesting species, I'll leave it at that.

if you actually saw how slow they were going you would probably understand... seriously i could walk faster. it took forever to run some races

Have no interest in the race meet. Travelling large distances off indifferent preps nothing being straight forward preparation, the tracks a pile of s**t horses being forced to run a set distance and often only a handful of horses of high talent.

Rupert v Glamour is a good example.

1200m horse vs miler+ on a track they haven't run on and GG has had 1 non descript run over a distance you can't judge it on got beat 5 by fox play last time from memory farken. Reckon it's do-able will be hard form to do. I'd stay safe with QLD'ers and proven travellers/weight carriers.

Global Glamour kicking WR's head in with a huge gap to third would be turning back the clock to classic G Waterhouse.

Usually no depth to this meeting but it looks particularly uninteresting this year (IMO). First 3 races are pretty hard to get excited about.

2YO the most interesting event, lots of spruik runners so good prices about if you don't believe it. Sticking with Madeenaty since everyone's dropped off, saver on Gai's who has the victory over it.

I think if you back Boom Time and save on Centre Pivot you probably collect on R4. Huge effort if Stratum Star can salute. Lucky Hussler meets similar field to last year, think the result will also be the same, double figures Kinshachi looks good to me too EW.

Sprint looks a lottery, good luck if you're down by then. Charlie Boy first up for Ciaron with Hughy is your possible quaddie splitter. Good luck campaigners.

Don't think I'd even do the form. However I'd also be keen to forgive Madeenaty and say Lucky Hussler can do it again.

Stratum star was a very strong performance in the end, back to his best. Not sure if he has 7kg on the field though it would be close.

camperdown race 1 number 5 will be a great horse
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back