Free Agency Jarrad Waite signs with North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't like the thoughts from Walsh that they confirmed their thoughts on Waite after he torched them in a game.

To me if Waite is torching you, instead of recruiting Waite you go and recruit a better defender.

I presume they weren't successful in getting in to the conversation but they'd be better off spending big money on Frawley who would complement Thompson and Hansen perfectly and give them a really good core backline than Waite and Higgins.

Maybe, but it can also cost guys like Black or Brown 22 games of AFL development next year, you don't take someone like Waite for a year or two without the intention of it winning you a flag. If you don't, it might set back the development of your other forwards.

If they're good enough they'll play. Competition for spots is not a bad thing.

I presume they weren't successful in getting in to the conversation but they'd be better off spending big money on Frawley who would complement Thompson and Hansen perfectly and give them a really good core backline than Waite and Higgins.

We spoke to Frawley, but we were always well behind Geelong and Hawthorn.

By_ytGKIAAAVnI8.jpg:large

Waite isn't much chop, plays a good game every once in a while.
Nothing to get excited about though, must be a slow day.

Not at all, I just would hate to see Waite play all 22 games next season at the expense of someone like Brown, who had a few really exciting cameo performances in 2014.

Alternatively, it may mean we don't have to persist with an out of form Petrie and an injured Black due a lack of options, like we did at times in 2014.

He's also someone who can play that floating CHB role if Hansen's body continues to give him grief.

Alternatively, it may mean we don't have to persist with an out of form Petrie and an injured Black due a lack of options, like we did at times in 2014.

He's also someone who can play that floating CHB role if Hansen's body continues to give him grief.
Any idea of the coin Waite would be on? Also is it a 1 or 2 year deal?

Calling it now, North are falling into the trap of overrating their list thinking they are premiership contenders next season. Their prelim showed they are a mile off the best, they are overrating their chances based on beating an average Essendon team and catching Geelong on the decline.

North will miss the flag window in the next 2 years and the Waite and Higgins signings will just be expensive wastes.

Your basing them being a mile off the best based on 1 match. Going by the GF Sydney are a mile off the best too.
They beat every top team during the year and just caught Sydney at their absolute best.

They are a top 4 team. Shows how ****ed up this place is when people think a top 4 team should just play it safe and not go after a flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And no compo! Ouch

Matt White got richmond zero compo. He is younger than Waite & left for more money than Waite & longer deal.

Compo is based purely on age & length of contract & dollars.

It was entirely expected.

Just means we give you less for jones :p

Obviously not on a big salary then. Makes it an even more attractive signing.

Difference is you guys all claimed the club didn't want to keep Daisy.
The circumstance are both very similar. Collingwood wanted to keep Dale but on their terms (Carlton offered more money and a longer contract). Carlton wanted to keep Waite but on their terms (1 year with a trigger for a second). North have offered a guaranteed two years.

My point was more about you raising Waite's injury troubles and revelling in the joy it would bring should his body fail him.

The circumstance are both very similar. Collingwood wanted to keep Dale but on their terms (Carlton offered more money and a longer contract). Carlton wanted to keep Waite but on their terms (1 year with a trigger for a second). North have offered a guaranteed two years.

My point was more about you raising Waite's injury troubles and revelling in the joy it would bring should his body fail him.

Not revel in Waite's pain - revel in seeing it hurt North. There's a difference. Especially if Greenwood is pushed out.

Your basing them being a mile off the best based on 1 match. Going by the GF Sydney are a mile off the best too.
They beat every top team during the year and just caught Sydney at their absolute best.

They are a top 4 team. Shows how ****** up this place is when people think a top 4 team should just play it safe and not go after a flag
No im basing it on a whole season, they werent in the top 4 teams in the H&A and history shows youre not a contender unless you do finish in the top 4. I believe they are trying to steal a quick flag which I dont think will work for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back