Free Agency Jarrod Brander - signs with GWS as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So word is Geelong, as they have been for years, are interested and believe he is worth chasing. Actually rate him.

If so straight swap for Clark gets that done and dusted early.

Hawks also keen with two ex Eagles coaches. And Rawlings at North who drafted him and has pick 1 in the psd.

If he goes anywhere it will be out of those three imo.

Last edited:
Apparently Geelong is interested
I think Geelong was interested a long time ago and the media is just reaching into their archive box to shake out a story that won't get any fact checking done on it.

At the point we were asking I could genuinely understand but now our development guys in the vfl are so tall I would not expect us to draft our trade for any kp players at this point.

TL:DR Geelong almost certainly not interested. It's churnalism

An interesting comment was made to me during the week, by a pretty good ex AFL player, in relation to how players are used in the AFL “reserves” teams.

In relation to Brander, he is being played in the reserves, where the Eagles see him fitting into their present team ( mobile winger ). I said, would it not be better playing him in the reserves as a tall forward or back. The ex player re-interated that the Eagles will play him where they see him fitting in, not letting him display how good he is as a tall back or forward.

As such, he has been pigeon holed. Does he need a fresh start ?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back