Certified Legendary Thread Convicted Rapist: Jarryd Hayne - Fumbling and Quitting the Lifelong Dreams ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently some NRL hopefuls participated in a trial for NFL scouts this week. Has anybody heard anything about how it went?

There was a Fox Sports article where the author sent some of their NRL footage to a few scouts, surprisingly the scout actually rated the both of them and said one of them could be a linebacker. Think it was the Dally M Medallist or whatever from this year that trialled along with another bloke

There was a Fox Sports article where the author sent some of their NRL footage to a few scouts, surprisingly the scout actually rated the both of them and said one of them could be a linebacker. Think it was the Dally M Medallist or whatever from this year that trialled along with another bloke

Was the scout from some s**t team like the Browns. Linebacker is too much of a stretch for a NRL flog, unless they are a run stopper only. too much of a liability in a zone or pass D. and they are too small for DE. not that they could even get pressure as a DE without knowing how to rush correctly.

The players were Taumalolo and Valentine. Valentine is a quick young winger, a bit small I think. Not sure what position he could play, maybe could be used in a Theo Riddick or Cole Beasley type role.
Taumalolo is a beast of a human, more likely to garner interest I'd think. Big, solid brick that's near on impossible to tackle because of his size and speed. Really quick for a big man.

They used to leave for the Wallabies. Then when the ARU ran out of money, playing in Europe was the new thing (also useful when you get sacked for pissing in your own mouth or getting blown by a dog). Now it's the NFL. There's even one who's signed a WWE development deal. NRL players do love to quit the NRL, don't they?

At least when the odd AFL player does it they're in the tail-end of their career.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They used to leave for the Wallabies. Then when the ARU ran out of money, playing in Europe was the new thing (also useful when you get sacked for pissing in your own mouth or getting blown by a dog). Now it's the NFL. There's even one who's signed a WWE development deal. NRL players do love to quit the NRL, don't they?

r.
"At least when the odd AFL player does it they're in the tail-end of their career"
I can't think of any AFL players who have reached the top in other sports, perhaps you can?

"At least when the odd AFL player does it they're in the tail-end of their career"
I can't think of any AFL players who have reached the top in other sports, perhaps you can?

Darren Bennett was named in the NFL All-Decade team. I'd call that "top", what do you think?

I dunno whether 31yo was considered the "tail end" of a career at the time - but Ben Graham certainly didn't seem that old. Played in a Super Bowl though, so he certainly reached the top of his sport. Got in a good 6 years or so in the NFL (as well as another 1 not so good year.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back