NFL 2023 - Coaching and GM Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Gus Bradley will remain the Colts' defensive coordinator under head coach Shane Steichen.​

Fowler said Bradley, hired last February as the team's defensive coordinator, was widely expected to keep the job despite the head coaching turnover. Pro Football Focus graded the Colts as the NFL's 12th best run defense and the 15th best coverage unit in 2022. Indianapolis' defense held up through much of the 2022 season despite its offense time and again putting the defense in unenviable positions. The Colts last year allowed the tenth lowest EPA per rush.

Desai was only given the job with Chicago coz Nagy was a lame duck coach and no one wanted to go there. They promoted Desai from safeties coach for that reason, not because he was a hot commodity. :sick: hire for me. But what do I know....

Eagles hired Seahawks associate head coach Sean Desai as their defensive coordinator.​

Desai showed some clever ideas in his one year as Bears defensive coordinator before Chicago fired Matt Nagy and rebooted. It's a nice fit for him in Philadelphia as he'll replace Jonathan Gannon working with one of the league's most talented defenses. Desai also interviewed with the Browns, Vikings, Dolphins, and Broncos this offseason for their defensive coordinator vacancies.

Desai was only given the job with Chicago coz Nagy was a lame duck coach and no one wanted to go there. They promoted Desai from safeties coach for that reason, not because he was a hot commodity. :sick: hire for me. But what do I know....

Eagles hired Seahawks associate head coach Sean Desai as their defensive coordinator.​

Desai showed some clever ideas in his one year as Bears defensive coordinator before Chicago fired Matt Nagy and rebooted. It's a nice fit for him in Philadelphia as he'll replace Jonathan Gannon working with one of the league's most talented defenses. Desai also interviewed with the Browns, Vikings, Dolphins, and Broncos this offseason for their defensive coordinator vacancies.

Hard to know if it's a decent hire or not. & 'sick' usually means 'good' btw;)

Hard to know if it's a decent hire or not. & 'sick' usually means 'good' btw;)

Just joining the dots, a lot of Bears fan didnt rate him (but that could have had a lot to do with Nagy) and a lot of teams passed on him becoming DC this offseason before the Eagles hired him.

Youre right it is hard to know though and I probably am being harsh.

Lets Go Wow GIF by CTV

Just joining the dots, a lot of Bears fan didnt rate him (but that could have had a lot to do with Nagy) and a lot of teams passed on him becoming DC this offseason before the Eagles hired him.

I'm ok with going with a younger hire & he's got Philly roots having coached at Temple. As always, we shall see.

Well this is weird.... 99% chance he wont have a job when/if he comes back id have thought

Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier will take the 2023 season off and return to the team in 2024.​

Frazier, who will turn 64 in April, will cede coordinating duties to someone else -- presumably a current Bills staffer -- for the coming season. He's been with the Bills since 2017. It's a major loss for a Buffalo defense graded by Pro Football Focus as last year's tenth best coverage unit. Buffalo in 2022 gave up the NFL's sixth lowest EPA per rush. The Bills struggled to pressure the passer in the wake of Von Miller's season-ending knee injury -- a deficiency that showed up late in the season and into the postseason.

Browns such a progressive franchise, no discrimination, happy to pay women and rapists top dollar.
If there is a blind guy that graduated from the Ivy league, I feel quite certain he will become Director of Scouting

But honestly, couldn’t draft any worse than Depodesta and Berry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were always going to struggle there though, most hires were made before we'd even been able to interview.

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said, "I just want to run the damn ball" when describing the differences between himself and former offensive coordinator Kellen Moore.​

If you thought that quote was bad, it only gets worse upon further inspection. McCarthy added, "I don't desire to be the No. 1 offense in the league. I want to be the No. 1 team in the league." He also noted that Moore wanted to light up the scoreboard, and that was seemingly said as a knock on his philosophy. McCarthy described the run game as a means of resting his defense. The talk of his bygone style of football lines up with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones previously saying McCarthy will be bringing a version of the scheme McCarthy ran in Green Bay to Dallas. This type of backsliding from the Cowboys' offense was all but inevitable after they swapped out Moore for Brian Schottenheimer this offseason. The former Seahawks offensive coordinator was famous for his dogmatic commitment to the ground game while in Seattle. He is now serving as the Cowboys' offensive coordinator following Moore's dismissal.

Found another thing he apparently sucks at—Madden

Dude blew a 13 point lead in 1:35 against the Jets

GG.exe seeing this. might be able to submit clips to be a coach.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back