Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Macca19 who has had some decent intel in the past has said JHF to Port is definitely a chance
Maybe he got the same "source" as you did about Rankine lol. If this is true, North should invalid which ever club he choose and tell JHF this as part of releasing his contract and demand the best trade for them after drafting him for only a year and he does a runner. If he was out of contract next year then sure he earnt the right to decide which club he wants to play for, just imagine if this was Rachele and he wanted to return home this year to Victoria but only play for Melbourne and rules out all the other clubs.

If JHF returning home is actually an inevitability because he isn't happy, then Clarko-to-the-Roos would have been the perfect opportunity for them to cut ties with JHF early with maximum trade value. They could totally reduced all the negative noise by emphasizing Clarko coming to to the club to steer them straight...losing JHF could just be painted as a failure of the old guard.

If they lose JHF after one year AND miss out on Clarko, hooly dooly they will be in a world of hurt...I'd actually feel sorry for the poor buggers. Equally, if they don't trade him now and he is destined to walk at the end of next year, they won't get as much for him as they could right now.

Pretty obvious they are up to something when they are okay with Amon leaving and also talk of Bergman/Georgiades possibly on the way out.
I wonder if Aamon will be like B Crouch.

Everyone assumes his new salary triggers band 1/2, but in reality band 3.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If JHF returning home is actually an inevitability because he isn't happy, then Clarko-to-the-Roos would have been the perfect opportunity for them to cut ties with JHF early with maximum trade value. They could totally reduced all the negative noise by emphasizing Clarko coming to to the club to steer them straight...losing JHF could just be painted as a failure of the old guard.

If they lose JHF after one year AND miss out on Clarko, hooly dooly they will be in a world of hurt...I'd actually feel sorry for the poor buggers. Equally, if they don't trade him now and he is destined to walk at the end of next year, they won't get as much for him as they could right now.

I was about to post the exact same thing.

North Melbourne need a fresh start. They don't need this bad news 12 months from now. Rip the bandaid off now, trade to the AFC or Port and go into the draft with a monster draft hand.

Currently they have:
1, 55, 66

If they break the news they're losing JHF now, the AFL will give them a priority pick (lets say 11 - what they gave GC once).
1, 11, 55, 66

Then they trade out JHF to the Crows or Port
To the AFC
1, 5, 11, 55, 66 + Future First

To Port:
1, 7, 8, 11, 55, 66 (AFL will give port First Round compensation on the proviso it goes to NM for JHF)

And yes the corrupt AFL will absolutely manipulate this to help NM.

I wonder if Aamon will be like B Crouch.

Everyone assumes his new salary triggers band 1/2, but in reality band 3.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It is being reported that he’s being offered $600-650k a year isnt he?..

That is nowhere near band 1.

Band 1 is $750k and higher.. and even $750 is right on the limit. $800k to be certain.

It was idiotic at the time to reject the trade and has proven to be even more idiotic now.
They take our trade offer and CCJ in the PSD and they're in a vastly better position.

Pretty obvious they are up to something when they are okay with Amon leaving and also talk of Bergman/Georgiades possibly on the way out.
Amon probably gives them a band 2 or 3, and Georgiades and Bergman should both be late firsts.

They should be considered favourites for him at the moment - negligent if they're not up to their eyeballs in JHF.

I was about to post the exact same thing.

North Melbourne need a fresh start. They don't need this bad news 12 months from now. Rip the bandaid off now, trade to the AFC or Port and go into the draft with a monster draft hand.

Currently they have:
1, 55, 66

If they break the news they're losing JHF now, the AFL will give them a priority pick (lets say 11 - what they gave GC once).
1, 11, 55, 66

Then they trade out JHF to the Crows or Port
To the AFC
1, 5, 11, 55, 66 + Future First

To Port:
1, 7, 8, 11, 55, 66 (AFL will give port First Round compensation on the proviso it goes to NM for JHF)

And yes the corrupt AFL will absolutely manipulate this to help NM.

In this scenario I do not see how we land Rankine.

Port don't * around when it comes to trading. They're good at trading out excess value. Kinda surprised at Georgiades unless they thought he was going to be a flight risk?

A bit disappointing on our end, would love to know our drafting teams thoughts. Maybe they think he is too much of a diva, maybe the price is too high, maybe they think Rankine can fill some of the midfield void instead?

In this scenario I do not see how we land Rankine.
I guess if we're trading out potentially all of Crouch, McAsey, Himmelberg, Rowe, Sholl, possibly one or two others.... a bunch of 2nd/3rd round picks that we try to package up and push up the order into an eventual 1st round pick? But yeah, I think we're probably just getting Rankine. Successfully landing both Rankine AND JHF in the one trade period would be very un-Adelaide. Justin Reid would get a statue outside Adelaide Oval.

Port don't * around when it comes to trading. They're good at trading out excess value. Kinda surprised at Georgiades unless they thought he was going to be a flight risk?

A bit disappointing on our end, would love to know our drafting teams thoughts. Maybe they think he is too much of a diva, maybe the price is too high, maybe they think Rankine can fill some of the midfield void instead?

Just because Port Power have entered the race, I'm not sure we've left it.

Are we overvaluing JHF? There have been so many players hyped up like crazy over the years that just ended up good players.

The Dawson deal has given me hope we could get Rankine and still keep our first, I'm sure that first then goes into a package presented for JHF.

Maybe we're better off just using it on Phillipou.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because Port Power have entered the race, I'm not sure we've left it.

Are we overvaluing JHF? There have been so many players hyped up like crazy over the years that just ended up good players.

The Dawson deal has given me hope we could get Rankine and still keep our first, I'm sure that first then goes into a package presented for JHF.

Maybe we're better off just using it on Phillipou.
This is a very good point..

Even last year the frotging over JHF by the media and commentators was way over the top and I said so at the time..

That SANFL finals game he played (against the tigers I think) was just ridiculous.. everytime the ball went near him the commentators of that game lost it.. just completely lost it over him.

The funny thing is.. He actually lost the game for the Pathers that night!..

Missed a couple of very easy shots on goal and turned over the ball directly to opposition defenders under barely any pressure right when the game was on the line and South had all the momentum.

I clearly remember watching it and thinking what the fk are these commentators on??..
How are they not seeing the complete fk ups this lad has been making in this game..

Its almost like the media get to about this time of year and one or two of them decide that player x (JHF in the case of last year) is the number 1 pick and everyone else in the media etc just jump on board and start frothing at the mouth over the kid to the point where his deficiencies and fk ups on the field from that point onwards are competely brushed over..

Apparently they are after Ben Mackay from North to shore up their defence. Horne would be the other player they are after but I can't see north trading him until ooc.

That SANFL finals game he played (against the tigers I think) was just ridiculous.. everytime the ball went near him the commentators of that game lost it.. just completely lost it over him.

Missed a couple of very easy shots on goal and turned over the ball directly to opposition defenders under barely any pressure right when the game was on the line and South had all the momentum.

I clearly remember watching it and thinking what the fk are these commentators on??..
How are they not seeing the complete fk ups this lad has been making in this game..

Its almost like the media get to about this time of year and one or two of them decide that player x (JHF in the case of last year) is the number 1 pick and everyone else in the media etc just jump on board and start frothing at the mouth over the kid to the point where his deficiencies and fk ups on the field from that point onwards are competely brushed over..

Mate - And I thought your player evaluation of Keays and Laird was terrible. Oh boy.

He was the best player for South and was the leading goal kicker and leading clearance player in an SANFL prelim at the age of 18.

He kicked 3.3. His "easy shots on goal".

3rd Quarter - Running back with the flight takes a mark 20 meters out from goal. Rush of blood and he plays on and is caught from behind and miskicks. Mental error.

4th Quarter - Ball up in Souths forward pocket. JHF wins it and snaps on goal and hits the post.

4th Quarter - Bad kick by Glenelg defender. Horne Francis wins the ball wheels around and hits the post again from 40 out with two defenders closing.

He didn't lose s**t. If JHF doesn't play - South lose by 50 points.

Mate - And I thought your player evaluation of Keays and Laird was terrible. Oh boy.

He was the best player for South and was the leading goal kicker and leading clearance player in an SANFL prelim at the age of 18.

He kicked 3.3. His "easy shots on goal".

3rd Quarter - Running back with the flight takes a mark 20 meters out from goal. Rush of blood and he plays on and is caught from behind and miskicks. Mental error.

4th Quarter - Ball up in Souths forward pocket. JHF wins it and snaps on goal and hits the post.

4th Quarter - Bad kick by Glenelg defender. Horne Francis wins the ball wheels around and hits the post again from 40 out with two defenders closing.

He didn't lose s**t. If JHF doesn't play - South lose by 50 points.
He won a couple of balls on the outer wing in the last quarter and on both occassions kicked the ball directly on the chest of a tigers player.

The Panthers had all the momentum, were winning the ball, and yes he was a big part in them winning that ball and having that momentum. But its useless winning that ball and having that momentum if you just turn it over or you fail to convert it onto the scoreboard.

But the ultimate point I was making is that he was overrated and overhyped by the media. The commentators that night were utterly ridiculous, everytime the ball went near him they went crazy even if he didnt even win the ball..

This is a very good point..

Even last year the frotging over JHF by the media and commentators was way over the top and I said so at the time..

People often massively over hype draftees

I can still remember someone on here claiming that Lukosius was going to be the next Nick Riewoldt.

There's definitely been some big red flags with JHF in his first year that have you questioning his professionalism and his attitude and I've not seen anything yet that fills me with confidence that these issues will change if he leaves North Melbourne.

After seeing him this year I definitely think at this point that he's massively overrated on here.

I actually hope that North gets Clarkson and JHF decides to stay.

After seeing him this year I definitely think at this point that he's massively overrated on here.

I actually hope that North gets Clarkson and JHF decides to stay.

That talent hasn't disappeared.

Its well documented that he was very unhappy with how much of a s**t-show North Melbourne was.

I think he has done exceptionally well in such a terrible environment. He he has played 16 AFL games for 2 wins. His Average losing margin is 53 points.

Aint nothing wrong with the kids attitude. He gets axed for a crap reason, misses a trip home to play in front of friends and family and how does he respond? He comes out in the VFL and leads both teams in disposals and clearances and is one of the two best players on the field.

This kid is going to be an absolute gun. Lets just hope its for us and not our little brother.

Back