Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if North are allowing him to travel with the team to see his family? Or is his non selection more sinister.

Sounds completely desperate to me.

North are completely out of control...
Or maybe NM don't want JHF coming home to SA this weekend out of fear he won't get on the plane back to Vic lol.

News reports in Melbourne say North may want to cut their losses, and try to get an early pick from Adelaide
But then how do we secure rankine? Without the draft collateral we will need to cough up some quality players too to get both done

If we get JHF/Rankine this trade period, I'm going to be pumped AF!

However, I don't think this and next year's 1st will get it done. We will have to get creative with trading Crouch/Sholl/Himmel/Rowe etc or give up a best 22 player:

Untouchables
  • RUCK/FWD: FOG/McAdam/TT/Walker/Rachelle/Milera
  • MIDS: Berry/Laird/Soliglo
  • DEF: Hinge/Dawson/Smith/Butts
50/50
  • RUCK/FWD: McHenry
  • MID: Jones/Keays/Schoenberg
  • DEF: Doedee/Murray/Parnell

Tradeable
  • ROB / Murphy

Rankine Trade: 2023 Pick 1 + Keays > Rankine + 2022 Rd 2 pick
JHF trade: 2022 Pick 1 + ROB (replaces Goldy) + Murphy > JHF

Will likely miss out on Philippou, but hopefully Reidy can get creative with the Sholl/Crouch/Berg picks.

We wont get JHF. I love the positivity though. The way we have traded in the past we are more likely to get none more than both. JHF is contracted and frankly we simply wont have the currency to trade, unless we give up a player like Rachele, Soligo, Berry along with our first pick. I just dont see it happening.

We wont get JHF. I love the positivity though. The way we have traded in the past we are more likely to get none more than both. JHF is contracted and frankly we simply wont have the currency to trade, unless we give up a player like Rachele, Soligo, Berry along with our first pick. I just dont see it happening.
What if tho, Nth are keen to just get rid of him due to the circus, and he has requested us? Maybe they will lower the asking price?

News reports in Melbourne say North may want to cut their losses, and try to get an early pick from Adelaide

What North needs to do above all else is be able to show they’re still in charge and doing what’s best for the club.

Not being held to ransom by a kid who doesn’t want to be there is part of it - but they need a decent haul to show for it.

A top 5 pick and a senior player like Doedee and they can definitely spin that as a strong hand in return

What if tho, Nth are keen to just get rid of him due to the circus, and he has requested us? Maybe they will lower the asking price?

Nah, they'd be backing themselves into keeping him and turning him around under a new coach. If Noble was still there, sure, but under a new coach that could be clarko, they'd be thinking he will stay.

What North needs to do above all else is be able to show they’re still in charge and doing what’s best for the club.

Not being held to ransom by a kid who doesn’t want to be there is part of it - but they need a decent haul to show for it.

A top 5 pick and a senior player like Doedee and they can definitely spin that as a strong hand in return

If we go for JHF we will almost certainly have to kiss goodbye to Rankine. Which I mean is not a bad thing. Unless we march Rankine to the PSD. So I guess I take back what I said about it not happening. However i suspect Port will throw the kitchen sink at JHF and Rankine which means we will find it hard to compete.

If we go for JHF we will almost certainly have to kiss goodbye to Rankine. Which I mean is not a bad thing. Unless we march Rankine to the PSD. So I guess I take back what I said about it not happening. However i suspect Port will throw the kitchen sink at JHF and Rankine which means we will find it hard to compete.
Port can throw whatever they want at any club for whoever; the player still have to agree to go there and we have PSD picks before Port.

If both want to come we will find a way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

However, I don't think this and next year's 1st will get it done. We will have to get creative with trading Crouch/Sholl/Himmel/Rowe etc or give up a best 22 player:

Untouchables
50/50

Tradeable
  • ROB / Murphy

Will likely miss out on Philippou, but hopefully Reidy can get creative with the Sholl/Crouch/Berg picks.
The club would likely trade any of those highlighted with no concerns to get Rankine or JHF. The issue is getting them to go.
We might not
True, but I expect them to beat Essendon now that the season's over.

Port can throw whatever they want at any club for whoever; the player still have to agree to go there and we have PSD picks before Port.

JHF cant be marched to the PSD and we have already offered Rankine a godfather type offer. So unless we make a second godfather offer that knocks Port out of the water its going to be tough. How much coin do we have.

I get the feeling most of this board would be happy to ship off McHenry/Jones. But part of me has a soft spot for the 2018 draft (first one I followed closely).

Anywa, feel free to suggest something else or add something constructive.

Well that’s just daft. The endowment effect in full glory

Untouchables mid season:
Rachele
TT
Dawson

Now add maybe Fog and Soligo

If you’re obsessed with not paying don’t go shopping

Untouchables
50/50

Tradeable
  • ROB / Murphy

There is no way most of those players listed would be untouchable in a trade

Untouchables mid season:
Rachele
TT
Dawson

Nothing like abuse to encourage constructive discussion.

And we wonder why more people don’t post to the AFC board.

Surely next years first, McAsey and McHenry would be enough for JHF, that's 3 first rounders there

I'll offer them four first rounders: Jones, McHenry, McAsey and Milera. Maybe five, throw in Smith as steak knives

Untouchables mid season:
Rachele
TT
Dawson

Are we willing to move a player with currency though?

Doedee, Keays, McAdam or god forbid a Berry or Butts.

Not saying that I want to trade these guys but for the purposes of the exercise, they would have currency.

Back