List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you high? Geelong will not hand over 3 R1 picks for a rfa
Correct. GWS has apparently said they aren't only interested in draft picks anyway.

You'd think GWS will have something to play around with in terms of draft picks with the Corr and Williams deal. The wash-up is likely to be some draft pick exchanges and a player. Maybe two.

GWS has apparently said they aren't only interested in draft picks anyway.
The problem with a player is that you would need someone who wants to head out to play with GWS. No offence to GWS at all - but none of the Geelong players with a serious shot of being in next year's starting 22 would want to leave, but I'm not sure who outside of those players would be worth any value to GWS in a Cameron trade.

It's kindof like Essendon wanting a player for Daniher last year. It's a nice idea, but Essendon as a club didn't have broad appeal for good players to go there late last year, and neither does GWS at the moment.

Well rumours of Narkle wanting out, coupled with 1 first rounder for Jezza....
I'd do that, and wish Narkle the absolute very best, assuming he DOES want out.
I reckon Narkle already has a club in mind and I equally reckon it's not GWS. Don't the rumours hint to a WA return?

Well rumours of Narkle wanting out, coupled with 1 first rounder for Jezza....
I'd do that, and wish Narkle the absolute very best, assuming he DOES want out.
Hate losing players with talent but I guess he'd be in the mix. Don't buy the line he's unhappy though.

Have a feeling GWS will want Esava and he might wonder where he fits-in with Jeremy arriving.

The problem with a player is that you would need someone who wants to head out to play with GWS. No offence to GWS at all - but none of the Geelong players with a serious shot of being in next year's starting 22 would want to leave, but I'm not sure who outside of those players would be worth any value to GWS in a Cameron trade.

It's kindof like Essendon wanting a player for Daniher last year. It's a nice idea, but Essendon as a club didn't have broad appeal for good players to go there late last year, and neither does GWS at the moment.
Think you'll find high on the list of priorities is getting AFL exposure. And GWS isn't a basket case.

Think you'll find high on the list of priorities is getting AFL exposure. And GWS isn't a basket case.
No, it's not a basket case - but it's not that appealing because there's no go-home factor, you get to play in front of crowds of 12k, you're out in the very unsexy side of Sydney, you're at a club with no tradition and no real identity, and most of all - a club who just missed the finals and is haemorrhaging good players.

They can turn the last bit around, just not this year.

> Grand Final in 2020
> Add three first round picks
> Add Jeremy Cameron
Seems okay. Not at all greedy or anything. 😉

No, it's not a basket case - but it's not that appealing because there's no go-home factor, you get to play in front of crowds of 12k, you're out in the very unsexy side of Sydney, you're at a club with no tradition and no real identity, and most of all - a club who just missed the finals and is haemorrhaging good players.

They can turn the last bit around, just not this year.
I'm sure that Cat's won't force the issue but I don't know of a player who wants to spend his time running around in the twos with the occasional ones outing.

If the GWS can convince a prospect he will be in the best 22 and come-up with a reasonable package it's very enticing. Not a bad place to live either and there's now a Cat connection with Stevie J returning in a coaching role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit annoyed this has all hit the press this week btw.
I'm a bit different on that.
Normally there are distractions in GF week like a Monday night Brownlow that you spend all day getting ready for.
A parade.
Melbourne media all over you.

Almost too much distraction.

This might just give them some clear headspace over breakfast for a day or two.

And then it's on with the show.

Wait so let me get this straight. He wanted to stay but GWS did not want to cough up the money, and now that he wants out, all of a sudden they can come up with more money to match? Do they not see the message that sends to other players on the list that they obviously low balled him? And if they are willing to do it to a star forward, you better believe they will do it to others. Contrast that to how we treat players who want to move and you will have your answer to why we are a destination club.

It's the same with Adelaide and Crouch "If we don't like the compo we'd get for you leaving, then you can stay"

Sorry to intrude, but I think it's hilarious the melting that's going on across the AFL regarding Cameron to Geelong. My lot have been some of the worst.

All I'll say is well done - that's the game the AFL want everyone to play, and you guys play it better than most.

Best of luck Saturday - don't let anyone say it's a flag with an * - you can only play according to the conditions with which you have been presented.

Sorry to intrude, but I think it's hilarious the melting that's going on across the AFL regarding Cameron to Geelong. My lot have been some of the worst.

All I'll say is well done - that's the game the AFL want everyone to play, and you guys play it better than most.

Best of luck Saturday - don't let anyone say it's a flag with an * - you can only play according to the conditions with which you have been presented.

Thanks, HD. Somehow I don't think the melts would be as bad (or the demands as high) if Jezza succumbed to the North war chest!

Don't see how it would destabilise our prep - admin, coaches and players would all be buoyed by the news, surely.
And it's probably not news to any of them in any case.
Yes I think the Cats would have been right in this announcement to maximise a boost in morale to the team. I'd be pumped if I was Hawk etc.

Back