Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no denying Ross is the best ever coach Freo has had

Justin has a short window to even equal Ross, the only way to get around Ross is to win a flag

Letting Hogan go who is worlds above any other option currently available is a big gamble to getting that done
Ross Lyon was a tyrant just like Saddam Hussein. Hell some people on big footy thinks he is the Ivan Milat the AFL. So let Rossy Milat coach the demons or roos then lol.

Ross Lyon easily surpassed Chris Connolly within 2 seasons by making a grand final. Not to mention guide Freo to finals for 2 years in a row.

All Justin Longmuir needs to do to surpass Chris Connolly is guide the Dockers to finals for 2 years in a row but one of them years has to be a preliminary final just like Chris Connolly 2006 season.

Yep we set the standards high here. I would be happy for Freo to make a preliminary final under Justin Longmuir and back it up the next season with an Elim final.

I have said my opinion on Hogan. Don't care if he stays or goes.

Keeping Hogan for 2021 makes Freos season interesting. Could potentially spearhead Freo to finals and get a finals win for the 1st time since 2015.

If we can't make Jesse work for the club, its the clubs problem.

Nah, Jesse could actually grow the f**k up, show professionalism in his job, not rock up to training hung over and acutally show the club that he values them. What a load of absolute s**t and that's being nice about it.

If I go back to school and fail, it's not my fault, it's those damn teachers!

Amazing how people still can't see why Hogan is up for grabs, it's extremely obvious yet people keep complaining and making a million excuses for him. If Jesse played at any other team and wasn't from WA, everyone here wouldn't be making excuses.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it f**ks up our salary cap, so be it. I’d love us to offer Jesse a contract extension (5 years excluding his trigger) $300K base salary plus $20k per game played. That’s $440K if he plays 22 games per season. It shows our confidence in him and gives him an incentive to play each week. I’d even throw in a goals bonus (40+ goals per year, another $50K) and an accolades bonus (top 5 Doug, top 5 Coleman) to give him the incentive to get on the park and perform.

He’s worth more to us if we can get him right off the field and he performs to his potential on the field.

I’m all for keeping Hogan on face value, but there’s a bit more to it than that.

Culture is about everyone embracing the ethics associated with what the entire group has agreed upon, to allow one player to play up because he’s different is not going to create a successful culture, but is only going to have players resenting the situation & look elsewhere for a more disciplined set up.

Hopefully we make Lachie Neale resent leaving our club for a more professional set up, but I’d say he’s pretty happy with his current environment.

Longmuir is providing what appears to be an enjoyable environment to train & play footy in, that’s up to Jesse to be part of under the conditions laid out by the playing group. If he can’t, that’s not the clubs issue, but Hogan’s.

It appears to me that since Dusty stopped looking around & committed to Richmond, he’s accepted his responsibilities & has been part of establishing that successful culture.
You mean since Dusty won 3 premierships?

I hope you have some Prozac handy when tuning into that mess.

Prozac? Cmon. I’ve been on a steady morphine drip since July and my television has been bolted to the wall otherwise it would be in my neighbors front yard. My country is a joke.

So sad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Sickened by the thought that if Tabs goes down our forward line will look like our backline did in 2020, except with fewer experienced and talented players. I hope there’s a bloody good reason for letting him go.

or they have something very sneaky up their sleeve....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants are currently doing their “due diligence” on Hogan according to their footy manager on Trade radio this morning. He also said “along with a number of other clubs”
We might get a bidding war going yet..

I only want Hogan to stay if he wants to stay. If he wants to go then let him. There's no point keeping a player at a club if they don't want to be there. Pro footy has a shelf life and if he feels that his career is being threatened then he has a right to move on. I don't want to lose him and was against a trade to begin with. i think it sucks but hey it is what it is. I'm over it now and I'm curious to see how this all plays out.

Perhaps, but it sounds more to me like they are trying to figure out why a team like Freo would move on a player like Hogan after two years.

I'm sure they know, this is just optics for their supporter base to justify it, just like we did our 'due diligence' on him...... which resulted in us not wanting him....... then wanting him......now not wanting him.

This says a fair bit about where Jesse is at. From McCartney:

"But it's about gathering a lot of information. Whether it's Jesse Hogan, or Brayden Preuss or others, you just go in with your eyes wide open. The old adage I suppose, you don't want any surprises with any players you bring into your footy club."

I'm sure they know, this is just optics for their supporter base to justify it, just like we did our 'due diligence' on him...... which resulted in us not wanting him....... then wanting him......now not wanting him.
You're probably right. Even the illusion of looking into issues will make the supporters and stakeholders feel like it's ok when it proceeds. Especially with the price I hope is attached to his trade.

They should have #9, #12, #14
It's not the #3/4 from Sydney that I wanted but we should be able to extract some value out of him.

If they only offer him a one year deal then it's not going to happen, but if they put a three or more year deal on the table for Hogan then we should ask for two of those picks, or even their first next year and one of those picks.

You're probably right. Even the illusion of looking into issues will make the supporters and stakeholders feel like it's ok when it proceeds. Especially with the price I hope is attached to his trade.

They should have #9, #12, #14
It's not the #3/4 from Sydney that I wanted but we should be able to extract some value out of him.

If they only offer him a one year deal then it's not going to happen, but if they put a three or more year deal on the table for Hogan then we should ask for two of those picks, or even their first next year and one of those picks.
I’d be pretty happy with pick 9. Don’t we already have pick 10 as well? Could potentially bundle those and move up the draft order if there’s someone we have in mind. Otherwise settle for two top 10s (realising they will drop a couple of spots after Acadamy/FS etc) and finish this rebuild.

I’d be pretty happy with pick 9. Don’t we already have pick 10 as well? Could potentially bundle those and move up the draft order if there’s someone we have in mind. Otherwise settle for two top 10s (realising they will drop a couple of spots after Acadamy/FS etc) and finish this rebuild.
Finish the rebuild without a decent key forward except Tabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back