Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

1st challenge in life, lol.
The guys an elite footballer, i think he might have faced challenges over the years.

I hope for your credibility that you're correct though, as otherwise you'll have proven yourself to be clueless.
Elite footballer? He is a talented youngster with potential but please get your hand off it

My credibility I could care less about, I am just a guy on an internet forum with an opinion who thinks he has shown the signs already he doesnt want to work for it and if you don't then you will never become elite.

Haha you can spend as much time questioning my ITK as you like!
I don't think it's underwhelming at all, I'm stoked he's happy in Victoria and at the North Melbourne football club. Players are instructed by their managers to keep a lid on it, when they're on the verge of contract negotiation.

I'll run you through the process (which I'm sure you are familiar with, yet choose to ignore):

• Jason will sign this offseason.
  • SA posters will then start a thread about him being OOC 2025 - Exactly as they've done with Lukosius, Rankine etc.
  • Mattaes Phillipou will get drafted to a Victorian club.
  • SA posters in parallel will start a thread about Mattaes Phillipou being OOC 2024.
  • Mattaes will sign an extension for an additional 2 years at his club being OOC 2026.
  • Jason will then sign another extension after having spent 4 years in Victoria and settling in.
  • Mattaes will then sign another extension.
This cycle will continue with every highly touted SA prospect that gets drafted to a Victorian club, and the same SA posters will continue to convince themselves "maybe this one".

Yeah. Buckley missed out on at least 3 flags at Brisbane and at least 2 at North to win 0 at Collingwood. Hopefully history is repeating itself and you are right.
The Brisbane Bears where amalgamated with the Fitzroy Lions.
Would history repeating itself also mean North need to amalgamate with the new Tassie side ?

I don't think it's underwhelming at all, I'm stoked he's happy in Victoria and at the North Melbourne football club. Players are instructed by their managers to keep a lid on it, when they're on the verge of contract negotiation.

I'll run you through the process (which I'm sure you are familiar with, yet choose to ignore):

• SA posters will then start a thread about him being OOC 2025 - Exactly as they've done with Lukosius, Rankine etc.
  • SA posters in parallel will start a thread about Mattaes Phillipou being OOC 2024.
  • Mattaes will sign an extension for an additional 2 years at his club being OOC 2026.
  • Jason will then sign another extension after having spent 4 years in Victoria and settling in.
This cycle will continue with every highly touted SA prospect that gets drafted to a Victorian club, and the same SA posters will continue to convince themselves "maybe this one".

To be fair, it's not as if SA have been churning out quality kids by the barrel full in the last few years, you can bank on WA producing far more quality kids, yet you don't see Eagles or Freo fans obsessed about getting all decent WA lads back home.

As the great man said…

We all believe what we want to believe 👍🏼

I'm sure in his petulant mind he answered yes to all of those questions. It doesn't excuse what he did, nor distract from the fact that there's no precedent for his behaviour.

Every year there's a wooden spoon side. The extent of JHF's acting out is a first. It was an entire year of bizarre anti-social behaviour and it takes an extraordinary amount of bias to place no blame on the individual.
When you start using words like petulant you've crossed into ole fogey town.

The Brisbane Bears where amalgamated with the Fitzroy Lions.
Would history repeating itself also mean North need to amalgamate with the new Tassie side ?
More likely that North win another 2 flags whilst he has no team success. Just like Buckley.

How can you be, its an unknown.
North fans are pretty adamant that he'll display the same traits in a new environment though, which is also an unknown.

We'll have to wait and see yeah?

He's an exceptionally talented footballer, and that's likely to continue (in an upward trajectory).

It's also beyond dispute that he is very immature, and hasn't necessarily been well advised. There's little chance that he was doing any of the deep thinking that some here ascribed to him. But lots of young people are immature and after some time, they're not. I think he'll probably grow up in the next year or two, and be a gun player.

So yeah, he's a big loss to us and the way it happened is a bit grating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t North have a SuperCoach expert in charge of their trading and drafting over the last few years?

Would explain them holding onto JHF instead of handing over the Adelaide bounty offered to them. As well as ponying up pick 19 for CCJ. Goater another great SuperCoach pick.

Wonder who they had at the club that could evaluate whether these guys could actually play.

Didn’t North have a SuperCoach expert in charge of their trading and drafting over the last few years?

Would explain them holding onto JHF instead of handing over the Adelaide bounty offered to them. As well as ponying up pick 19 for CCJ. Goater another great SuperCoach pick.

Wonder who they had at the club that could evaluate whether these guys could actually play.

I don't think that non trade was as bad as Richmond picking Fiora over Pavlich or Tambling over Buddy (for example)

Point is, all this past hindsight revisionist stuff is pointless, North Melbourne picked/drafted JH-F because they were confident he would be there for the long haul.

It's all water under the bridge stiff now, I don't think for a moment Port Adelaide will play finals in 2023 (I think they are an outside chance to finish bottom 4) and North have Port's 2023 FRP, I think they have made as well as they could have from an unfortunate situation.

If JHF does come good the attacking midfield options in the future at Port Adelaide are going to be hard to stop.

Rotations between Rozee JHF Butters Durrsma SPP Farrell maybe even Georgiades HFF to onball will be very handy.

Are you saying JHF can't play?

Muppet.

Nah Goater is good. I look forward to seeing how his career progresses when he also has the good sense to get out of North Melbourne.

He's an exceptionally talented footballer, and that's likely to continue (in an upward trajectory).

It's also beyond dispute that he is very immature, and hasn't necessarily been well advised. There's little chance that he was doing any of the deep thinking that some here ascribed to him. But lots of young people are immature and after some time, they're not. I think he'll probably grow up in the next year or two, and be a gun player.

So yeah, he's a big loss to us and the way it happened is a bit grating.
Ok, so just to clarify, North, along with probably every other club, interviewed JHF prior to the draft, none of them uncovered personality traits to suggest he was 'immature' snd North take him at pick one.
Fast forward 12 months, he leaves a basketcase club who sacked their coach, again, have an inept medical team and with clouds hanging over their incoming coach, its now determined that the issue all along was JHF's immaturity, which from all reports seems to be fine now.

And none of that has anything to do with North who employed him during his year of supposed immaturity.

This is why North has been a basketcase and will likely continue to be a basketcase, you have to admit you have a big problem before you can begin to fix big problems.

Lol, do you think perhaps Jason weighed up the piss poor Coach that you'd soon sack and go no way im listening to that pretender?

Do you think its possible Jason weighed up the senior players on a list that couldnt win games to save themselves and go dont tell me how to play until you get yourselves sorted first?

Do you think its possible Jason weighed up his underlying health issue in his legs and your medical teams inability to treat it and go why should I care if they dont?

Do you think its possible Jason weighed up the direction the club was going in with all that in mind and decided that no one person, be it JHF himself or your messiah Clarko, is going to turn it around in 12 months and decided to cut his losses and ask for a way out?

If you answer yes to any of those then his decision is justified.
If you answer no to any of those you're dilusional.
wth am i reading here - to assume that Jason weighed up anything is a fantasy.

old mate fabian got in his early and helped orchestrate a deal back to sa.

Do you think maybe Jason decided to sacrifice some integrity to escape a club he saw as unworthy by alienating himself from the group and fans in the hope they say good riddance?
he's not that smart or manipulative - he's a brat

Buckley left the Brisbane Bears at the first opportunity he had. Turned out alright if i remember correctly.
Sometimes young players know that they don't need to waste their careers at a basket case.
Buckley told Brisbane before being drafted that he wasn't sticking around regardless and they drafted him anyway. Had JHF done the same then we would have taken the deal from Adelaide.

Ok, so just to clarify, North, along with probably every other club, interviewed JHF prior to the draft, none of them uncovered personality traits to suggest he was 'immature' snd North take him at pick one.
Fast forward 12 months, he leaves a basketcase club who sacked their coach, again, have an inept medical team and with clouds hanging over their incoming coach, its now determined that the issue all along was JHF's immaturity, which from all reports seems to be fine now.

And none of that has anything to do with North who employed him during his year of supposed immaturity.

This is why North has been a basketcase and will likely continue to be a basketcase, you have to admit you have a big problem before you can begin to fix big problems.
We literally removed our coach to get someone better - something poort can't seem to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back