Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of Davies-Uniake North don't have any highly sought after players. Ben McKay perhaps.
LDU
Cam Zurhaar
Bailey Scott
Flynn Perez
Curtis Taylor
Ben Cunnington
Paul Curtis
Todd Goldstein

They have all extended their contracts during or after last season.

All of them would have immediately been snapped up by other sides.

If it was such a toxic, turbulent environment then at least one of them would have taken other opportunities. But they all bought in.

The Port narrative that JHF did what anyone would do in such a toxic environment doesn't really hold up.

In the spirit of this thread:

Rozee, Butters, Georgiades, Marshall, Houston, Burton, SPP, Farrell, Duursma, Bergman, Jones, Sinn, Burgoyne and JHF himself all under 25. We'll be fine m8.

These players are all guns.

LDU
Cam Zurhaar
Bailey Scott
Flynn Perez
Curtis Taylor
Ben Cunnington
Paul Curtis
Todd Goldstein

If it was such a toxic, turbulent environment then at least one of them would have taken other opportunities. But they all bought in.

The Port narrative that JHF did what anyone would do in such a toxic environment doesn't really hold up.

These players are all spuds.

LDU
Cam Zurhaar
Bailey Scott
Flynn Perez
Curtis Taylor
Ben Cunnington
Paul Curtis
Todd Goldstein

Which of those would be highly sought after?

Which of those would be highly sought after?
Are we going to get into some dumb internet argument about the definition of "highly sought after" or can we all just agree that they had other options?

All of these players would have had multiple offers from other sides if they went on the open market. They chose to stay/extend.

Are we going to get into some dumb internet argument about the definition of "highly sought after" or can we all just agree that they had other options?

All of these players would have had multiple offers from other sides if they went on the open market. They chose to stay/extend.
Not a dumb argument, you were asked a direct question about highly sought after players that has re-signed and you gave a list of spuds or oldies - don't try to veer the answer due to norf's list being crap at the moment. The truth is that with JHF leaving this gives you lot a real chance of injecting young class into the squad for the next few years, it's up to the recruiters to make sure they choose well and a decent culture starts up at norf.

Not a dumb argument, you were asked a direct question about highly sought after players that has re-signed and you gave a list of spuds or oldies - don't try to veer the answer due to norf's list being crap at the moment. The truth is that with JHF leaving this gives you lot a real chance of injecting young class into the squad for the next few years, it's up to the recruiters to make sure they choose well.
Okay, then. List the spuds that I named?

Tell me, which players would you not want Port to add to their list?

The point that I was making was that a number of players had options to leave or not extend their stay at North. Many other clubs would love to have them. But they decided to stay or extend.

This flies directly in the face of the narrative that JHF did what anyone would do.

LDU - Yes
Cam Zurhaar - Fat and Lazy. Could be a better player. Solid B grader.
Bailey Scott - His Dad was pretty good
Flynn Perez - No
Curtis Taylor - No
Ben Cunnington - Old
Paul Curtis - No
Todd Goldstein - Ancient

Scott, Perez, Taylor, Curtis are all virtual no names. To call any of these guys "highly Sought after" is ridiculous.

LDU - Yes
Cam Zurhaar - Fat and Lazy. Could be a better player. Solid B grader.
Bailey Scott - His Dad was pretty good
Flynn Perez - No
Curtis Taylor - No
Ben Cunnington - Old
Paul Curtis - No
Todd Goldstein - Ancient
Contender for dumbest post of the year.

You don't want Paul Curtis? Just showing your ignorance, mate.

Yet, no other players willingly left, two players opted to join and numerous highly sought after players decided to re-sign and extend. It can't have been as toxic as you are painting it to be.

I think that JHF came in and burned a lot of bridges at a very quick rate. We'll see how it plays out at Port.
reading between the lines of stories in the trade period, it seemed highly likely that tarryn thomas wanted out but no suiters were willing to take on the contract he has at north

Contender for dumbest post of the year.

You don't want Paul Curtis? Just showing your ignorance, mate.

Absolutely. It's only mid-January but will still be hard to top.

It's amazing how many people are willing to demonstrate their ignorance of players. It's clear this guy has never seen Curtis play, yet that hasn't stopped him from expressing a braindead opinion.

Yes this Curtis bloke is averaging a whopping 10 disposals and 0.8 goals, surprised he didn't find himself his own $800k contract with that sort of incredible form.

Aah mate, proving you haven't watched him if you resort to stats.

The rampant ignorance in this thread is breathtaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpkin, LDU, Larkey, McKay, Zurhaar are a good crop of young players. Add the unknown players in Sheezel, Wardlaw, Thomas and Phillips and you have some potential.

However, outside of Cunnington (who is a star) and Goldstein, north probably have the worst leadership of any club in recent memory.

Aah mate, proving you haven't watched him if you resort to stats.

The rampant ignorance in this thread is breathtaking.
I'm using facts, you're using opinions.

Would I have Curtis at Port? Sure, I'd be content if we gave up a third rounder or so for him to take up a depth small forward role. That doesn't make him 'highly sought after'. Same with Perez, Taylor, Scott, they'd be fringe players but handy depth, Perez in particular I think has some potential but even your club only gave him a one year deal so even they obviously don't see him as all that highly sought after.

From the list you gave I'd give you Zurhaar and Goldy as 'sought after', that's it.

Would I have Curtis at Port? Sure, I'd be content if we gave up a third rounder or so for him to take up a depth small forward role. That doesn't make him 'highly sought after'. Same with Perez, Taylor, Scott, they'd be fringe players but handy depth, Perez in particular I think has some potential but even your club only gave him a one year deal so even they obviously don't see him as all that highly sought after.

From the list you gave I'd give you Zurhaar and Goldy as 'sought after', that's it.

LOL, you're using stats, which are factual per se but they don't tell the full story, as we all know.

It's OK, your opinion will be updated by mid season.

This is just embarrassing, mate. If Paul Curtis was on the open market then his phone would be ringing off the hook. He is a huge talent and only 19.

As predicted, Port fans are turning this into a dumb internet argument about what "highly sought after" means, rather than the point that players had options and chose to stay/extend.

This Curtis bloke is averaging a whopping 10 disposals and 0.8 goals, surprised he didn't find himself his own $800k contract with that sort of incredible form.
10 disposals, 3 tackles and 0.8 goals is good for a 19 year old playing in the forward pocket for a side that lost by 50 every week.

JHF only averaged 16 poss and 3 tackles in the middle.

Rachele averaged 11 poss and 1.3 goals and 2 tackles in a side that actually got the ball up that end, sometimes.

Curtis has played 15 games. He plays for a club nobody watches. He might be good. If North fans have that to cling to, I'm happy to give it to them. Highly sought at this stage might be a stretch, but he might be a player other sides are interested in based on his very small body of work.

Sorry I find the fact that Power supporters think that people "watch" their club & they are "relevant", utterly ridiculous.

We are on FTA in your market twice as many times as you are.

Nobody is watching North. Nobody wants to watch North. Being the smallest club that has spent the last 3 years years bottom of the ladder doesn't help that in any way.

We are on FTA in your market twice as many times as you are.

Nobody is watching North. Nobody wants to watch North. Being the smallest club that has spent the last 3 years years bottom of the ladder doesn't help that in any way.
Who watches AFL on FTA?

There was no strategy mate.

Last year Kockie gets wind that big Jase aint happy and offers him a godfather deal for an 18 year old to come home half way through the current season. Thats when big Jase pulls up stumps because all he’s thinking about is mums macaroni cheese and a new Ferrari..
Hang on, is it half way through or 3 rounds in, you mob are all over the place with your wild theories.
With that degree of uncertainty in mind it could quite easily have been when the season had finished too.
But that doesn't fit the North narrative..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back