Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

thanks mate we'll come back and check on you in a few years when your club folds

We'll do you a good deal on tarps when the time comes.

Had a weird game. Was quiet for long periods, then had a big burst that got Port right back into it......then had that bizarre play where the picked up the ball and jogged backwards before being ambushed by 3 Adelaide players and turning it over for the winning Crows goal.

Arguably looked more dangerous as an old-school full forward than as a mid.

Had a weird game. Was quiet for long periods, then had a big burst that got Port right back into it......then had that bizarre play where the picked up the ball and jogged backwards before being ambushed by 3 Adelaide players and turning it over for the winning Crows goal.

Arguably looked more dangerous as an old-school full forward than as a mid.

Any one is going to look bad if your team mates have checked out and provided support. Butters did that plenty of times too just had no support or trust to dish off too.

Just because Port fans have bumped the thread when JHF's played well... I thought I'd come and check the thread today after JHF went totally missing in the Showdown.

Confused High Quality GIF
I hate Port more than anything but JHF is a star in the making. Almost got Port back into it last night and looked the only one that could.

Wouldn't surprise me if he won Brownlow one day

Just because Port fans have bumped the thread when JHF's played well... I thought I'd come and check the thread today after JHF went totally missing in the Showdown.

Confused High Quality GIF
He had the most scoring shots, most clearances, 2nd most score involvements of any player on the ground.

For your own mental health you and every other North supporter should just try to forget he exists.

Not that I'll be helping with that. I'll remind you of how good he is at every opportunity. Same with Harley Reid.

He went missing?

He took a contested mark and got a free for what was a pretty blatant dive forward when feeling contact.

He also played as a mid for the majority of the night and had about 14 possessions or something.

Think ‘went missing’ is pretty relevant when the Crows built their lead in the first half while he was having no impact in the midfield.

And I reckon he’ll be a star but don’t be delusional.

He took a contested mark and got a free for what was a pretty blatant dive forward when feeling contact.

He also played as a mid for the majority of the night and had about 14 possessions or something.

Think ‘went missing’ is pretty relevant when the Crows built their lead in the first half while he was having no impact in the midfield.

And I reckon he’ll be a star but don’t be delusional.

He attended only 9/21 CBAs and spent large periods up forward. Not sure where you get majority mid from.

He doesn’t play wing so when he’s not attending CBAs he’s forward or bench. So more like less than 50% midfield which matches up to the eye test as well.

I'm not gonna gloat on his squib dropped mark or late in the game when he looked like he was jogging on a treadmill, got caught with the ball that ended up being a crows goal and giving them the win.

I'm not invested in what he does on field good or bad.

But he did get boo'ed and sarcastically cheered when he messed up.......I'm happy to hear it :thumbsu:

Nothing short of what he deserves.

Just one other thing.....I noticed a few people trying ruffle feathers mentioning Harley Reid. Believe it or not most North fans (including me) are rooting for him. Because he isn't gonna bail on westcoast like jas did with North. Notice how there was so much fan & media love for Reid's game a couple weeks ago....the b'o'g performance in their derby. You're boy, the little prince hasn't got that kinda love from media & fans across the country. You know why that is? Because we don't support dishonourable campaigners like him.

#foodforthought
#dontplayplayersthatareinjuredorconcussed
#icebaths

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand the unhinged North diehards booing Horne-Francis. Nobody likes getting burned when one of their top draft picks prematurely quits their club. (Even though the trade resulted in them getting 1st rounders: Sheezel, Wardlaw and Goad in return, which was probably a win for North)

However, I'm confused why he gets booed by a small, but noisy portion of fans from the 16 other clubs. What's the issue? Are they simply being brainless sheep by piling on the kid after 12 months of media-driven controversy & negativity once it became clear he was bailing on the Arden Street rabble?

Was there some off-field sex scandal which I'm unaware of? Or did he racially abuse someone or make some homophobic attack?

I can't be arsed browsing through a 277 page thread on The Horny Oneto find the answer.

Can someone please tell me what am I missing?

All I see is a brilliant young footballer who wanted to go back home, who seems to be v.happy to be playing for Port. One of my favourite opposition players to watch; who will be one of the superstars of the AFL over the next decade.

Normally I don't give a flying f**k about players getting booed. Spectators pay their had-earned money to watch the game. If they wanna boo rival stars, then who the hell do people think they are by telling them to knock it off? But it does seem to be a little distasteful to target a 20 year old kid with boos and heckling. Not in keeping with the Aussie ethos of giving someone a fair go.

Last edited:
I can understand the unhinged North diehards booing Horne-Francis. Nobody likes getting burned when one of their top draft picks prematurely quits their club. (Even though the trade resulted in them getting 1st rounders: Sheezel, Wardlaw and Goad in return, which was probably a win for North)

However, I'm confused why he gets booed by a small, but noisy portion of fans from the 16 other clubs. What's the issue? Are they simply being brainless sheep by piling on the kid after 12 months of media-driven controversy & negativity once it became clear he was bailing on the Arden Street rabble?

Was there some off-field sex scandal which I'm unaware of? Or did he racially abuse someone or make some homophobic attack?

I can't be arsed browsing through a 277 page thread on The Horny Oneto find the answer.

Can someone please tell me what am I missing?

All I see is a brilliant young footballer who wanted to go back home, who seems to be v.happy to be playing for Port. One of my favourite opposition players to watch; who will be one of the superstars of the AFL over the next decade.

Normally I don't give a flying f**k about players getting booed. Spectators pay their had-earned money to watch the game. If they wanna boo rival stars, then who the hell do people think they are by telling them to knock it off? But it does seem to be a little distasteful to target a 20 year old kid with boos and heckling. Not in keeping with the Aussie ethos of giving someone a fair go.
Cats supporters didn't boo him last year.

Soz my fellow North fans, he's a gun. He nearly ripped that game open against the Crom. His only flaw is his two way running.

We got a very good deal for him, though. All we really lost was a year on one player.

I'd be quite surprised
North interviewed him over Zoom where some at the Roos were concerned he was a flight risk in pre-season.
What environment did the Roos welcome JHF into? Where he enjoyed just two wins, endured a coach sacking and suspected his knees had been medically misdiagnosed, with Port opting to operate soon after the trade was finalised.

You wonder about the teaching habits at North; compare that introduction to Luke McDonald, who played in a preliminary final in his first season. McDonald was drafted into a locker room featuring Daniel Wells, Andrew Swallow, Lindsay Thomas, Scott Thompson as well as those four superstars who were horrible spiked in 2016.

JHF now has Travis Boak, Connor Rozee and Zak Butters to learn from at Alberton and has started to shine brightly.

I find it funny, that what he produced in that game was considered MVP worthy.
Then again Port are known for failing to grasp reality.

Did you see how shitful the rest of the team played?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back