Preview JLT1: Dockers vs Collingdidnt, Monday 4th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the doubts over Darcy it’s disappointing to see Meek not listed.

Hopefully Dixon gets a game in JLT2 just to get a taste of the higher level.
North has done some rehab work lately but hopefully see him next week too as he pushes for AFL selection early.

I noticed that Gaff is playing for the Eagles in the JLT. Is it just me or does anyone else think it’s wrong that potentially next week Gaff could be lining up against Brayshaw in JLT2? :mad:

Wow, that’s great news. Can we had Ballantyne play on him? Ballantyne is a good bloke and I’m quite sure he will not intentionally smack that pathetic sob in the face when he is not looking. Anyway, even if he accidentally does that, I’m absolutely certain he’ll be very remorseful about it.

Collingwood have named a strong side.

Really hope we can give the forward line enough entries to build some chemistry.

The backline will get a workout.

Go for it.

Personally I am not a fan of any player who treats a club as he did. Neale had a little more dignity.

Dignity - really?? I reckon Neale maximised what he could get under the pretense of anonymity, Freo wasn’t going to cough up $800k for a ball burning non accountable - non tackler.
We got a good deal and Brissy got a good deal for Beams - win all round for everyone.
I don’t think Beams treated Brisbane poorly at all, just a result of circumstance - list management and value by another party.
Lachie has no more dignity than Beams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dignity - really?? I reckon Neale maximised what he could get under the pretense of anonymity, Freo wasn’t going to cough up $800k for a ball burning non accountable - non tackler.
We got a good deal and Brissy got a good deal for Beams - win all round for everyone.
I don’t think Beams treated Brisbane poorly at all, just a result of circumstance - list management and value by another party.
Lachie has no more dignity than Beams.
Beams didn't go near paying back the club that paid picks 5 (de Goey), 25 and Crisp for him before deciding to do a runner. If Neale did similar in a couple of years, then I'd agree with you. Also, I thought Fremantle were going to match the salary?

Meek, North, Watson, Nyhuis, Dixon, Sturt

plus those rested/rehab: Fyfe, Sandi, Blakely, SHill, Bennell, Conca, Kersten, Valente, Carter

Unless he has an injury that is a bad sign for Nyhuis. I would have liked to see North,but you feel that they are getting him up to full speed gradually and he will get opportunities

, Freo wasn’t going to cough up $800k for a ball burning non accountable - non tackler.
Also, I thought Fremantle were going to match the salary?
Freo agreed to match 800k. Brissy offered close to 7 figures.

It's amazing how persuasive a million dollars over 5 years is...

Happy Darcy has been named.
is that a new name for the Shoosher? :think::moustache::p
Happy Darcy
I actually like the title, the Big Shoosh, kinda like the big show, Maxwell named himself.

Beams didn't go near paying back the club that paid picks 5 (de Goey), 25 and Crisp for him before deciding to do a runner. If Neale did similar in a couple of years, then I'd agree with you. Also, I thought Fremantle were going to match the salary?
I think the Beams situation had a 2 fold effect - when they coughed up the picks Brissy were an absolute basket case, being able to get Beams albeit due to family sickness and uniting him with his brother gave the the Lions a real shot in the arm.
Fagan, the injection of high draft picks and the gameplan since have helped stem the player drain from the club.

Just saying I don’t think Neale was a high enough priority for what he wanted and what we were prepared to pay - when we needed trade currency and the players we really needed became available.
Just don’t think Neale showed anymore dignity than anyone else in either circumstance - Beams became the piece that got them Neale - Neale has an additional 8 years football ahead of him - on the sliding scale of football longevity.....

Unless he has an injury that is a bad sign for Nyhuis. I would have liked to see North,but you feel that they are getting him up to full speed gradually and he will get opportunities

Last years selections and being delisted at years end didn’t give you the sense that he’s not considered best 25ish?

I think the Beams situation had a 2 fold effect - when they coughed up the picks Brissy were an absolute basket case, being able to get Beams albeit due to family sickness and uniting him with his brother gave the the Lions a real shot in the arm.
Fagan, the injection of high draft picks and the gameplan since have helped stem the player drain from the club.

Just saying I don’t think Neale was a high enough priority for what he wanted and what we were prepared to pay - when we needed trade currency and the players we really needed became available.
Just don’t think Neale showed anymore dignity than anyone else in either circumstance - Beams became the piece that got them Neale - Neale has an additional 8 years football ahead of him - on the sliding scale of football longevity.....
I can't see a Neale- Beams trade connection. If Brisbane could have kept Beams they would do it. They seemed genuinely blind-sided by his defection, and had been selling the idea that their midfield would now be much better with the arrival of a genuine A-grader in Neale, when in reality they were looking at a nil-all draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back