Preview JLT2: Geelong V Essendon 7:10 pm Thursday 7th March @KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like to see Tarca and Brownless given a run.

Discuss here.
Id like to see Buzza and Abbott ... Fort can have watch.

and sure why not Brownless.

Pretty sure Ablett will get a go... I really would not be fussed if Hawk missed again... its a long season

Tarca with Ablett coming in... ? lets see if we can get some goals kicked.

have to drop a couple of defender types.. Henderson and Taylor could stay out for mine , id like to try to play them undersize and see how we go.

Keep Clark and Constable in ..

From a purely selfish point of view I'm annoyed it isn't on Friday night as I could take the lad.. That said not having to deal with Bomber nuffies is always good.

Just want to see some good form, hopefully the players that struggled have blew out the rust, hopefully the young players that showed promise on Friday can build... And most importantly no injuries

Best available 22 to play this game.
Taylor rested, but extra interchange allows us to try brownless, tarca, Jarvis, kennerley, kreuger etc
Give miers Atkins kolo zuthrie O'Connor a spell b4 vfl duties to prove their worth

Bews Blicavs Clark
Stewart Henderson Henry
Duncan Constable S.Selwood
Kelly Hawkins Dahlhaus
Ablett Ratagolea Selwood
Stanley Dangerfield Parfitt
Menegola Fort Cockatoo Rohan
Narkle Kreuger Guthrie Brownless

Switch Selwood and Parfitt in the middle
Give Cocky some short runs

Best available 22 to play this game.
Taylor rested, but extra interchange allows us to try brownless, tarca, Jarvis, kennerley, kreuger etc
Give miers Atkins kolo zuthrie O'Connor a spell b4 vfl duties to prove their worth

Bews Blicavs Clark
Stewart Henderson Henry
Duncan Constable S.Selwood
Kelly Hawkins Dahlhaus
Ablett Ratagolea Selwood
Stanley Dangerfield Parfitt
Menegola Fort Cockatoo Rohan
Narkle Kreuger Guthrie Brownless

Switch Selwood and Parfitt in the middle
Give Cocky some short runs
Is Cockatoo fit and ready?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hoping it was too bad to be true.

Very early days... and I can remember Stewart getting some very negative reviews early on ... lets see him get some games at vfl level ...abbot is in his third year and it took him some time to even look like getting a shot. For now id prefer to go with Abbott and bring in Buzz to give us a look at what he can do as a ute and up forward.

I would like to see Cunico, Kreuger, and Tarca given a run...

I think Brownless, Kennerly, Jarvis, Okunbor are development this year.

Cunico is like the proverbial Mystery Mid ... some seem to like him others seem ambulant ... im yet to be convinced he has enough to offer to hold of more talented players

As soon as possible I like us to turn the side over by adding more and more fresh younger players but players that we have developed an opinion that are a long term players for us. We have to endevour to stop wasting game on dry wells. So if playing Cunico is part of that assessment process ..then sure give him a shot

Fort looked hopelessly out of his class the other night; the question is whether they now take that as read, or give him another go to confirm (or otherwise) it.

Abbott looked out of his class when he first took on AFL listed ruckmen. I think he has improved to the point where he can be competitive and after another year might even be handy (if he has more improvement in him).

Fort looked overawed last week and I hope it was a one off, but I hope to see Abbott play this week.
A chance to run the ruler over him again - first chance this year.

Given this is the last hit-out before Round 1, it simply must be a case of only selecting players who are genuinely in contention to play against the Pies.

Whether you like it or not, that surely means there's going to be very few (if any) players given a run just to see how they'd go at the level. All those who are speculative at this point would have to be now looking at starting the season in the twos and building their case for senior selection from there.

As a result, I think there will be minimal changes to last week for this game. Maybe the 24 who are most likely to be considered for Round 1, with a couple of smokies (at most) to round out the numbers.

So, based on the JLT1 squad, I'd go...

Out: Fort, O'Connor
In: Abbott, Gaz

Gaz is an obvious in. And they might as well look at Ryan again, given Fort was anonymous (and I still believe we should only be looking for one ruck in a best 22, anyway).

If Jed's right to go, he comes in as well. Probably for Zuth.

I don't see Miers playing Round 1 either but he probably did enough to earn another game. Whereas I think Atkins is probably likely to play against Collingwood, so he should be just about guaranteed JLT2.

Doesn't make for much excitement in watching more of the kids, I know. But it does seem like the most prudent approach to having the group hit Round 1 strongly.

And would mean that we still have the buzz of two debutants in Clark and Atkins for our first test at the 'G this year.

Clark has to be a chance to do a Selwood in his first year.
Or is that me jumping the gun?

I could certainly see Clark emulating Selwood's first year. In fact, I believe he could easily surpass him.

After all, Scoots only managed 9 senior games in his first season with the Weagles.

;)

I'm presuming that if we were testing Harry for concussion then the short break will see him rested again. Maybe gets a chance in a VFL practice match before the season starts? We like that trick.

Would love to see Kreuger and Tarca, but at least lets keep Miers and Chook getting more exposure ahead of possible debuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back