Preview Rd 2 Geelong v Carlton Thursday March23 2023, MCG @ 720 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Sav, SDK (MOC moves to Curnow, Whyte onto Mackay) and Dangerfield all go down early we still have to win by 40 points or the premiership dream is over? Context matters, always.
Both teams have players out - we are supposed to have depth. No excuses - they were all used up last week for us folding over in the 4th quarter.

Both teams have players out - we are supposed to have depth. No excuses - they were all used up last week for us folding over in the 4th quarter.
I'd be harsher on Carlton if they lost to us with no game injuries than if Cripps, Mackay and Docherty went down early though. So it's just the way it goes.

We have every right to win this game because:

1. Carlton will be without Walsh and Hewett, so their midfield will be weak. Walsh had 33 touches last time we played Carlton, and Hewett has turned into a really good player for them. Having both of these out is a huge advantage for us

2. Even though Stewart being out will hurt us, remember that he missed 4 games last year due to his suspension. We won all 4 of those games, including some against high quality opposition: Melbourne, Carlton and Freo.

3. Having Henry and Kolo missing will also hurt, but we’ve now got Esava playing well as a tall and athletic marking defender, and we have several versatile players who can play as decent intercept defenders to cover if necessary

I heard he was really proppy. Lets hope we sit him if he needs to be sat.

No way should players be playing through any sort of pain this early in the year.

He seemed to be moving ok, and has played through worse.

Our medical staff did a great job last year, so if they give him all the all clear I reckon we can be assured he's good to go.

Selection integrity obviously is very important and I think even more so after a premiership year. Brad Close should be a watch after his non ‘ you’re hot you’re hot kick it kick it’ to Ollie Henry running into an open goal.. That was mentioned to Scott in the presser by Rohan Connelly and Scott said it was round 1 rustiness… We can’t get into the habit of giving players an ‘out’ just because of last year’s performance…
Parfitt was not AFL ready last week… and the whole midfield lowered their colors ..so they need to lift!
Pretty sure you can see Close calling to Henry in that footage. How do you know what he said?

Stewart, Henry, Kolo, Duncan- a lot of premiership talent that is not coverable. Our depth is not that good. Fitness ? We were only a week behind Collingwood in preparation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game Day

The closest I come to melting is Ceglar emergency over Neale. 🤢
me too grumble grumble grumble.... get him in there.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back