Preview Geelong v Richmond Fri May 12th 2023 720 pm @ MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregson was great in first year, but sadly he never came back to anywhere near his best form after his injury.

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy tomorrow night, win or lose. It will be great to see our youngsters playing. The positive of injuries is that young guys get an opportunity to play seniors who otherwise wouldn't.
MOST games, would agree with you, enjoy win or lose, but not against this team. The worst team to lose players like Danger, Stengle, Close, Guthrie, Rohan, DeK, AND Stanley. Danger has been in awesome form, coinciding with our 5 wins. His absence is the tipping point for me.

MOST games, would agree with you, enjoy win or lose, but not against this team. The worst team to lose players like Danger, Stengle, Close, Guthrie, Rohan, DeK, AND Stanley. Danger has been in awesome form, coinciding with our 5 wins. His absence is the tipping point for me.
I would rather lose those players to this Richmond side than Collingwood or Melbourne.

SEN's take:

The depleted Cats head to the MCG as one of the form teams in the competition having won their last five games by an average of 55 points.

Unfortunately for Chris Scott’s side, they’ll be without premiership stars Patrick Dangerfield and Brad Close who will both miss this big clash due to injury and suspension respectively.

As for Richmond, they’ve had a very disappointing 2023, battling both injury and form.

They enjoyed their second win of the year last week against West Coast, smacking the helpless Eagles by 46 points with a number of their stars finding form

Lucky we have only those two out isn't it?

The media around us are really shite aren't they?

Maybe. I just don't get it though. They're missing like 2 structural players and are playing like trash
Were.
Took us a few games to find form, Hawks, WCE... the rest is history so far for us.
As CS has said for years- not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them. This is our weakest team for years, in reality.
Tigers were much better after half time last week- sadly, WCE ran them into form.

A perfect storm of declining players, ordinary form anyway, and a fractured club behind the scenes I reckon.
Hope you're right.
Someone wished last week that we had a win without more injuries- so we lose Danger.
That plus Close, Tigers will be confident they have a massive chance this week to exact revenge.
I've seen us smash a depleted Tigers team in a year they won a flag, just prior to the mid year break.(2019)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you're right.
Someone wished last week that we had a win without more injuries- so we lose Danger.
That plus Close, Tigers will be confident they have a massive chance this week to exact revenge.
I've seen us smash a depleted Tigers team in a year they won a flag, just prior to the mid year break.

Richmond will be up and about for this I reckon. They'll be wanting some payback, and they'll sense a strong opportunity to nail us whilst we're 'down'. I also won't be surprised to see a fiery game tbh.

We're going in with a young side, and our success will depend on them holding their nerve, not being over-awed, and our older heads leading the way.

The crux of it all will be whether our midfield can generate enough forward entries to give our forward line sufficient opportunities to kick on goal.

I reckon we'll stand up pretty well across the ground, and our young 'uns will hold their own. If that occurs, and we contain Bolton, we'll win.

It's all about the midfield though, and there's no denying Richmond have the advantage there.

A perfect storm of declining players, ordinary form anyway, and a fractured club behind the scenes I reckon.

Wish I could paste your summary on their thread, they're drowning in jealous bile and selection jitters over there.
Browse for an enlightened discussion and see it's just a crucible for disrespect/hatred and inciting a boo ganza.
Ahh Tiggs, never change.

Wish I could paste your summary on their thread, they're drowning in jealous bile and selection jitters over there.
Browse for an enlightened discussion and see it's just a crucible for disrespect/hatred and inciting a boo ganza.
Ahh Tiggs, never change.

It's not the place for any sensible footy fan to be.

Just a breeding ground for spite and hatred.

Richmond will be up and about for this I reckon. They'll be wanting some payback, and they'll sense a strong opportunity to nail us whilst we're 'down'. I also won't be surprised to see a fiery game tbh.

We're going in with a young side, and our success will depend on them holding their nerve, not being over-awed, and our older heads leading the way.

The crux of it all will be whether our midfield can generate enough forward entries to give our forward line sufficient opportunities to kick on goal.

I reckon we'll stand up pretty well across the ground, and our young 'uns will hold their own. If that occurs, and we contain Bolton, we'll win.

It's all about the midfield though, and there's no denying Richmond have the advantage there.
Very logical, but a few too many IFS for my liking.

Last year when Danger was out the other players stepped up. I know Guth is out too, but I expect Atkins, O'Connor and Holmes to take up the challenge. Smith is still there and Miers and Simpson have been great. Time for Duncan to find his best form and Parfitt to turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back