Game Day Geelong v Richmond Fri May 12th 2023 7:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
231 days ago, the Geelong team that ran out in the Grand Final was the oldest team to play (and win) a match of AFL

The team that runs out tonight isn't necessarily of a younger profile, as it still skews slightly older due to the availability of our 3 oldest players, but we going in with what feels like one of our more inexperienced line ups for a while

We're going to see pick #8 Jhye Clark debut as tonights sub, where he current sits on an emergency list with a total of 1/4 senior match experience

Knevitt & Dempsey have a total of 8 matches (including a few as the starting sub) between them, and then we have another 6 players with less than 70 games each

We often hear about how it's the bottom 6 of a side that's more important than the top 6, well tonight's going to be a test for the Kittens and an exciting one at that

231 days ago, the Geelong team that ran out in the Grand Final was the oldest team to play (and win) a match of AFL

The team that runs out tonight isn't of a younger profile, but still skews slightly older due to the availability of our 3 oldest players, but we going in with what feels like one of our more inexperienced line ups for a while

We're going to see pick #8 Jhye Clark debut as tonights sub, where he current sits on an emergency list with a total of 1/4 senior match experience

Knevitt & Dempsey have a total of 8 matches (including a few as the starting sub) between them, and then we have another 6 players with less than 70 games each

We often hear about how it's the bottom 6 of a side that's more important than the top 6, well tonight's going to be a test for the Kittens and an exciting one at that

Who is that? Looks like Charlie Curnow.

Settle down nerves Nellies we still have enough firepower and a defence to put this Tugger side away they have only scored 100 points twice this year once with both Lynch and Nankervis in the side and kicked straight 17:7 and last week v the West Coast seconds they have had weeks where they couldn't score 50 points for the game,we have got this Cats by 5 goals pulling away.

This us going to be nerve wracking. Only due to so many experienced players out. Otherwise I would be completely confident.
But that makes it exciting? If we had full team I would be going in super confident and expecting a pretty boring game where we power ahead and then cruise…

Now I have huge nervous energy for tonight with my head telling me surely we can’t win with half our GF starting team out - but my heart believing we can pull off something special

A lost tonight and we move on 5-4 same as last year, to win the next couple with players slowly coming back and rock on to the finals…. A win tonight will be both exciting and also set ourselves up for a second half where we can genuinely focus on managing players into a possible top 4 position again

We are the premier club… therefore a no excuse football club! We should win against a bottom 4 team!
'Ken oath!! Best team in the comp and also the best list of kids in the comp. How can anyone beat that! Rebuilding while winning flags! It's a nice view from the top. No excuse and no nuance!

Cats by 157.

I'm still pretty confident we will win this unless Richmond pull in comfortably their best performance of the season. Playing how they have been won't get it done.

IF we are flat for whatever reason we will be in trouble. With these outs our core have to fire. I believe they will and also that the kids + Parfitt will surprise a few.

Geelong by 28 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've already marked this down as a loss. I've even given my hat a good wash and I'm wearing it proudly.

In Jhye we trust.

I've already marked this down as a loss. I've even given my hat a good wash and I'm wearing it proudly.

In Jhye we trust.
I'm so proud that you're sticking to the hat thing. I didn't even offer anything up. I don't have a hat so a picture of you wearing it proudly rather than eating it after the match will suffice.

They struggled against the West Coast witches hats last week therefore we should be confident about this game. They will raise their game against the premiers so the first half will be important for the cats young brigade to stand up. Clark as sub has been talked about which I disagree with as a debut game! I’m backing Parfitt to be the midfield bull and lead the cats to victory!

This Is Bad GIF by CBC

So we know how the 15 usuals gel as a team, as cats09 says, its the bottom 6 that are providing the question mark.
Good thing. They'll be super keen and psyched to do well, cover themselves and the team in glory.
Tiggers brain trust won't have any idea from previous exposure, and we'll be cheering every newbie kick.

To balance that, they do have an idea what Jez and Hawk can do, and have nothing but plodders to counter.
Cattas by 48, Jye to get a run and smash it.

I'm interested to see how so many play tonight, such an intriguing game.

I personally think we've still been quite reliant on Danger and Guthrie. They didn't start the year well but once they got going in some games we started to come good. I thought Danger was very good against Adelaide and we'd be struggling to hang on once he went off. We did hang on buy I'm not convinced.

I didn't think Holmes started the year that well but found his feet on the back of others but maybe I've come to the wrong conclusion and it was in fact the team as a collective coming good and not individuals relying on others.....thus it will be great to see what happens tonight. Holmes, Bruhn, Clark, Knevitt, very excited to see how they go.

If we lose then not much lost overall and are probably exactly where I think we are, win, well then it's very exciting - if these kids can hold up the midfield then wow.

All I know is I'm going to get 5000 tags or DMs from the mouth frothers if we lose tonight. It's angry as heck over there. Hopefully no issues at the ground for folks attending.

I've given up going to games v Richmond, it makes you wonder how many other supporters across the AFL dodge their MCG games.
They are simply dogs, and it's not even a broad generalisation.
From the viewpoint of a person pushing a wheelchair, you get a pretty good idea of who's helpful and who's rude, abusive, selfish.
Guess which hole they fall into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back