Preview Geelong v Richmond Fri May 12th 2023 720 pm @ MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could paste your summary on their thread, they're drowning in jealous bile and selection jitters over there.
Browse for an enlightened discussion and see it's just a crucible for disrespect/hatred and inciting a boo ganza.
Ahh Tiggs, never change.

There won't be enough of them there to worry about their infantile desire to boo everything.

What dropkicks.

Were.
Took us a few games to find form, Hawks, WCE... the rest is history so far for us.
As CS has said for years- not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them. This is our weakest team for years, in reality.
Tigers were much better after half time last week- sadly, WCE ran them into form.

Its a weak team on paper ours yes but it doesnt have the structural problems theirs has balance wise. If CS coaches well and the players buy in well we should win.

Richmond will be up and about for this I reckon. They'll be wanting some payback, and they'll sense a strong opportunity to nail us whilst we're 'down'. I also won't be surprised to see a fiery game tbh.

We're going in with a young side, and our success will depend on them holding their nerve, not being over-awed, and our older heads leading the way.

The crux of it all will be whether our midfield can generate enough forward entries to give our forward line sufficient opportunities to kick on goal.

I reckon we'll stand up pretty well across the ground, and our young 'uns will hold their own. If that occurs, and we contain Bolton, we'll win.

It's all about the midfield though, and there's no denying Richmond have the advantage there.

Absolutely they'll be up and about, and yes they have a pronounced midfield advantage on paper. Prestia's 200th game, he's well-regarded by their mob of course and they'll be wanting to get in Tom Stewart's face and put him off his game (and fwiw I think that is a potential chink in Stewart's armour - yes, he was great after he poleaxed Prestia last year; played very well in that game - but I've seen him rattled when his pride is stung; Charlie Cameron got under his skin up at the Gabba once and Stewart was poor. His temperament will be tested).

That's where Chris Scott and the coaches need to close the gap; our midfield mix isn't terrible, but they will have to put in big shifts to get over Richmond.

Blicavs and Atkins will be required to do a ton of work; hopefully Ceglar will be better for the run and allow Blicavs some time away from ruck duties.

We probably need Holmes to play a lot more inside this week.

If they had Lynch I'd be a lot more concerned, as it stands we might just sneak a win with luck.

There won't be enough of them there to worry about their infantile desire to boo everything.

What dropkicks.

Booing is the least of it.

They're laughing over a photo of GAJ having done his shoulder, want Stewart and Cameron taken out physically by whatever means necessary, and are straight up abusive in the vilest manner to any Cat fans who set foot there.

It all goes on without a whimper by their mods , so there's virtually no class, decency or decorum whatsoever, other than the odd, lone voice.

Just a cesspit.

Last edited:
Absolutely they'll be up and about, and yes they have a pronounced midfield advantage on paper. Prestia's 200th game, he's well-regarded by their mob of course and they'll be wanting to get in Tom Stewart's face and put him off his game (and fwiw I think that is a potential chink in Stewart's armour - yes, he was great after he poleaxed Prestia last year; played very well in that game - but I've seen him rattled when his pride is stung; Charlie Cameron got under his skin up at the Gabba once and Stewart was poor. His temperament will be tested).

That's where Chris Scott and the coaches need to close the gap; our midfield mix isn't terrible, but they will have to put in big shifts to get over Richmond.

Blicavs and Atkins will be required to do a ton of work; hopefully Ceglar will be better for the run and allow Blicavs some time away from ruck duties.

If they had Lynch I'd be a lot more concerned, as it stands we might just sneak a win with luck.

Agreed.

I'm on the record as saying I think this game will be close, very close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a returning Cotchin part of this supreme midfield we speak of? A bit spasmodic for mine.
Our forwards and backline will be too strong, Blics in great form, all it takes is a youngster or two to really shine.
Go Jye, my grandsons cats hero from the land of the Lighthouse.

Richmond may well be like Hawks were for a while very competitive even if the 2 sides named should be an arse whoopin

It'll come down to how long Richmond can maintain the rage, and how our youngsters stand up in the face of it.

We'll also need our senior players working double time to help them out.

Nice projections..... But Ceglar and run in the same sentence might be a misnomer. ;)

Unless I've miscounted Richmond will have more premiership players running around tomorrow night than we will! I get 15 vs 14.
2 of them are corpses though being wheeled out Weekend At Bernie's style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back