Preview Rd 2 Geelong v Carlton Thursday March23 2023, MCG @ 720 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of the other out but I suspect it's a defender as they generally replace like for like and back their structure in.

So if that's the case, I'm leaning towards SDK not having completely passed a fitness test. Can't think of anyone else in the "dropped" category, but Parfitt would be a name that perhaps springs to mind even though he was the sub and played primarily as a mid. Bowes also earmarked to spend time off half back and through the midfield so Parfitt looking like the obvious out.

Parfitt looked poor.

Bowes and tanner can easily go past him

Sounds like SDK is good to go.

He's been cleared so that's a really good sign.

It was a challenge for us last week because we lost a couple of defenders going into the game and then we lost Stewart and we took a fair while to get Sam back on the ground. I think he was a little apprehensive around it in the game but he is much more assured now. He's got much more clarity over the type of injury it is and he's confident that his season won't be impacted at all.

you have great insight regarding our team and club

:cool::cool::cool:

I was impressed by Whyte in our practice match against Brisbane when he came on - he didn't seem too overawed by the pressure Brisbane was applying, showed some poise & nice disposal. He looked like a player who could easily debut in the earlier part of the season if that form continued - with our injuries it may be a bit sooner, but not sure it's rushed

It also seemed like a potentially logical option ahead of week 2 based on our injury concerns & structure changes from Friday night - during the first quarter I thought that Tuohy was providing some trouble for Collingwood when he was able to get forward, and he seems to play with more freedom when in our attacking half, but with our restructure he then seemed to play more in the defensive half & we then didn't get that same drive from him

If Whyte comes in and plays from the backline, it may free up Tuohy a bit and maybe help keep a bit of our preferred structure

Wishing the kid well

Parf out surely to spend some time in the 2's

I think we had one extra mid in the side than we had all finals.

Parf coming in so early and having no flexibility created a flow on effect that Bruhn and even Danger spent less time in the guts as that's the only position Parf can really play (and I say that loosely because he certainly didn't play that position well).

:cool::cool::cool:

I was impressed by Whyte in our practice match against Brisbane when he came on - he didn't seem too overawed by the pressure Brisbane was applying, showed some poise & nice disposal. He looked like a player who could easily debut in the earlier part of the season if that form continued - with our injuries it may be a bit sooner, but not sure it's rushed

It also seemed like a potentially logical option ahead of week 2 based on our injury concerns & structure changes from Friday night - during the first quarter I thought that Tuohy was providing some trouble for Collingwood when he was able to get forward, and he seems to play with more freedom when in our attacking half, but with our restructure he then seemed to play more in the defensive half & we then didn't get that same drive from him

If Whyte comes in and plays from the backline, it may free up Tuohy a bit and maybe help keep a bit of our preferred structure

Wishing the kid well
Bold and creative decision to select Whyte. Speed. Lethal left foot. A weapon. I see him breaking lines. Has footy IQ. Ahead of Mr Robot, slow and mechanical Simpson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whyte looks a bit like a Bachar Houli lite.

Likely sub and you’d think he could come in and inject some extra rebound penetration in the back half of the game.

Assumptions all round from me here but that’s what seems most likely atm.

With respect Close has some many credits in the Bank from last season I seriously doubt he'll be on any watch list any time soon.
On Henry he was the architect of his own undoing , Close and the other Geelong player would have expected him to kick it much sooner , instead he shapes to kick then runs a few steps further into trouble. One thing we know though is we will learn from that.
Yeah a lack of talk but anyway I get your point on Close having credits in the bank and I agree but when should the coaching staff look at this years form as opposed to the previous years form? That’s for everyone BTW .. I mean Cam Guthrie had a shocker so if he plays another 3 bad ones or Close does then how do you think the coaches and MC will handle it? And I’m thinking of a 3-4 game period of poor form … obviously one game doesn’t count for much.

Last edited:
Yeah a lack of talk but anyway I get your point on Close having credits in the bank and I agree but when should the coaching staff look at this years form as opposed to the previous years form? That’s for everyone BTW .. I mean Cam Guthrie had a shocker so if he plays another 3 bad ones or Close does then how do you think the coaches and MC will handle it?
We have a considerable amount of depth this year so I hope we use it if any player has a bad run of form , we need to maintain standards and be demanding if we're to go B2B :thumbsu:

Would they be being this coy if it was an injury?
We're still talking about the Cats, right? I see our 'form line' here as being fairly compelling in entirely the wrong direction.

So I really hope you're right, whilst absolutely fearing that you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back