Game Day Rd 2 Geelong v Carlton Thursday March 23 2023, MCG @ 7:20 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a week of injury unknowns & speculation around player availablity, we've made it to Match Day with 2 confirmed changes from last week

We welcome two fresh faces with Jack Bowes to pull on the Hoops for the first time, while Cooper Whyte will be making his AFL debut with the announcement last night he'll be our 23rd man

And unlike the McKay brothers who are yet to face off or even be seen in the same room... Tonight we'll get see Battle for De-Throne II

After a week of injury unknowns & speculation around player availablity, we've made it to Match Day with 2 confirmed changes from last week

We welcome two fresh faces with Jack Bowes to pull on the Hoops for the first time, while Cooper Whyte will be making his AFL debut with the announcement last night he'll be our 23rd man

And unlike the McKay brothers who are yet to face off or even be seen in the same room... Tonight we'll get see Battle for De-Throne II

A few Cats missing tonight but should still get the job done Cats by 8 points.

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING​

Please note, general admission seating areas are subject to change. Continue to check regularly for updates and check the general admission screens at your gate upon arrival to the MCG.

Shane Warne Stand
  • Q1-Q15 1/2

Ponsford Stand
  • Q29-Q36

Olympic Stand
  • Q49-Q50 (rows K-MM)
  • Q51-Q57

AFL Reserve
Please note, seating in the AFL Reserve is available to AFL members only.
  • Q15-Q16 (rows U-DD)
  • Q17-28 (rows KK-DD)

CHEER SQUAD AREAS​

Carlton: M3 (rows A-V)
Geelong Cats: M33 (rows A-S)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A storm rolled through the city this morning from Geelong and it's expected to be the only rain for the day.

Whilst I agree with that premise, this is Vline & Metro trains we're talking about

To be honest, my top prio for this game is just avoiding more injuries. I care more about that than the win at this point. If the MCG turf is as bad as people say it is, I'd rather phone this one in and avoid serious harm to all the young blokes who are just starting their careers. We're a genuine shot at a flag this year, and I'd rather not pop the bubble in the first few weeks.

Loser-talk, I know, but * me dead I wish the AFL was more on-top of their surface quality. It can be such a Mickey Mouse competition sometimes. There's a class action against the AFL for not protecting players' heads. Meanwhile they've got 44 guys running out to do battle on a field that's about as stable as a Richmond supporter after a Lynch goal-review.

Expecting an interesting tussle. Cats by 14 points. Go Geelong.
And loved the storm this morning!

I won’t be content with a loss as some were in round 1…
Hopefully won’t be exposed for speed this week and we defend transition better.

I wouldn’t say people were content with a loss.

They perhaps showed a more nuanced understanding that it is a long season, it would be counterproductive to be fully wound up for round 1 and as a fan were somewhat satisfied by a famous Flag victory just 6 months ago.

I wouldn’t say people were content with a loss.

They perhaps showed a more nuanced understanding that it is a long season, it would be counterproductive to be fully wound up for round 1 and as a fan were somewhat satisfied by a famous Flag victory just 6 months ago.
Entirely agree. And it wouldn't even matter if any number of supporters were content with a loss, anyway. Would only matter if coaches/players became content with losing. And, as you say, the evidence of a game that truly mattered less than six months ago indicates that they haven't jumped the shark on that question yet.

I hope there is a late change and Whyte is in the best22 .... I dislike debutants as subs... although at least now with the tactical sub ... one would think the sub would be used in every game soon or later.

The concept of the sub will hav eto change eventually I think eventially all the subs will have to be ready to play. The head high issue , concussion or no concussion will eventually demand the ability to take off more players.

Hope Bowes has a good night.

Well I won’t be attending tonight as I’m home sick with covid. But looking forward to seeing how the boys respond to last week. It’s two tough games to start the season and we need a better 4 quarter effort this week.
The way we ran out games and attacked the game last year got us the flag. Let’s hope we can start to see some signs of that hunger back this week.

Really excited to see Bowes play, he looked silky in the pre season game.
Bruhn and Henry played well first up as did Holmes and I really enjoyed Esava down back. None of those guys played in the premiership and they seem eager to get amongst it this year.

On a slippery MCG tonight
Don't worry if game becomes tight
Look for a sign
On the sideline
A Shutdown symbol will ignite

View attachment 1636930

The Bloosers will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
No rain forecast during or in the lead up to game time. Looks like it will have passed through by then. But always a chance it can get slippery at night - won't be too bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back